Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Awps on Mako

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by ablanantanalba, Jun 22, 2011

Should awps be allowed on mako?

Let people use whatever gun they want to, regardless if it kills the whole team 11 vote(s) 47.8%
Do not allow people to screw over their team by intentionally using a weapon with no damage output f 12 vote(s) 52.2%
Undecided - I dont know whether i want to limit the awp or not 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apr 13, 2011
    At the beginning of every boss fight, the game counts the number of humans fighting the boss.
    The boss has health directly proportional to the number of players (roughly 300 hp per player)

Quite honestly, players with guns with <50 bullets in their clips are weak links on the team and make it extremely difficult to not die on this part.
    When players use awps, they are intentionally fucking their team over because each bullet only does 1 damage and the awp has the lowest rate of fire of any gun.
  2. Jul 14, 2010
    How is it intentional, they may like to use awps and they can actually help out because an awp sends a zombie FLYING. Defensively, the awp is great because of it's knockback, however it's disadvantage is it's usage in a boss fight. It has it's pros and cons like any other guy but we should not limit players from using a gun they actually enjoy. I don't see why people would intentionally use an awp to "grief the team" when there are probably players with p90's who don't even shoot at all. Yes, atleast the awpers shoot, but think about the other players not shooting, they might be the actual problem.

This is a total thread derail (yet again) and the topic is about ZE admins not enforcing rules, not griefing/mako.

At first I thought this thread might be a little exaggerated but I had a complaint of an admin not getting help from 2 other admins just ignoring him, so I now see this is actually a problem. Hopefully admins will start helping out and actually using their admin to admin. If an admin is being overwhelmed and needs help, please help him out.
  3. Jul 14, 2008
    People are free to choose the type of gun they want to use in the game. It is a bit extreme to think people would choose an awp just to grief everyone else in the boss fight. It's like saying they choose an awp on other maps so they can be killed by zombies and therefore grief the human team by being the weak link. What if I want to use a handgun or a UMP with a slow rate of fire and a small clip size? Or autosnipers? I don't think that rule is a good idea at all.
  4. Apr 13, 2011
    I didn't mean to derail the thread, I was simply answering a question.

On any other map I have no problem with awps. But during the boss fight the person with the awp puts a HUGE burden on the team. What good is a gun that sends zombies flying when your team gets killed by the boss because you can't do enough damage to him? On any other map it is fine but griefers buy it just to piss off everybody who just want to win the game. (Try going into a ZE game with mako with the awp and observer the huge negative reaction you will get from the players).

Even a pistol or ump has a significantly higher rate of fire. A team can win even if people use shitty guns or pistols, but there is no way in hell they are killing the boss if people use awps. Everybody knows not to buy awps on mako and the people who do it are griefers who just want to see everybody get mad when they die on the boss fight. I know this from experience.
  5. Jul 14, 2010
    Apparently, The awps on zombie escape map mako_reactor are a problem. While I do not think they are a problem, I am not a ZE player and I feel the ze players should discuss the problem here and keep it out of other threads. Awps could be restricted/limited if it is necesssary like they are on smee tower in minigames.

imo: Awps have their pros and cons. Pro: good knockback for launching zombies back from humans. Con: Inability to do damage in a boss fight.
  6. Apr 13, 2011
    Let me start by saying this is only a problem ON EXTREME DIFFICULTY.

On any other map I have no problem with awps. But during the boss fight the person with the awp puts a HUGE burden on the team. What good is a gun that sends zombies flying when your team gets killed by the boss because you can't do enough damage to him? On any other map it is fine but griefers buy it just to piss off everybody who just want to win the game. (Try going into a ZE game with mako with the awp and observer the huge negative reaction you will get from the players).

At the beginning of every boss fight, the game counts the number of humans fighting the boss.
    The boss has health directly proportional to the number of players (roughly 300 hp per player)
    1 awp bullet does the same amount of damage as 1 p90 bullet. The awp has the lowest rate of fire of any gun.

From kaemon and hannibal's website (makers of mako):

"OnHealthChanged > NameOfMathCounterEntity > Subtract > 1

Even if its not a breakable, it detects everytime it gets hit, and so everytime it gets hits by a bullet activates the "OnHealthChanged" output, substracting 1 to the MathCounter that its the HP of the monster."

Even a pistol or ump has a significantly higher rate of fire. A team can win even if people use shitty guns or pistols, but there is no way in hell they are killing the boss if people use awps. Everybody knows not to buy awps on mako and the people who do it are griefers who just want to see everybody get mad when they die on the boss fight. I know this from experience.
  7. Jul 14, 2008
    K, so you take an awp and a handgun. Use the handgun in the boss fight and everyone will be happy right?
  8. Feb 18, 2011
    I don't like mako, Not going to lie never said I did but AWPs shouldn't be removed because they are of help other places, at the boss fight guess what...The player who has an AWP also has a pistol which you have admitted it can be won with pistols or shitty guns. I don't use an awp, but it shouldn't be restricted simply becaues it makes it harder at the boss fight the player who has the awp also has another weapon that can be fired at the boss.
  9. Apr 13, 2011
    lets take this discussion to the appropriate new thread that penguin made.
  10. Apr 13, 2011
    Max pistol clip size is 30
    The boss fight does not last long enough for an awper to reload their pistol 10 times.
    The rest of the team has to pick up the slack (a lot of slack) for awpers who use pistols and 9 times out of 10 die when there are awpers on the team.
  11. Feb 18, 2011
    I can fire off a lot of pistol rounds pretty quick, faster then awp, but slower then say a p90 or a 240. But at most it should be restricted to 1-2 players not completely removed.

Because there are a lot of times players have to "pick up the slack" for there team on ZE because if you haven't noticed most of time at hold points there are quite a few members of the team not doing anything but waiting at door/barrier whatever not doing anything for the team.
  12. Oct 29, 2010
    I'm sorry but if they just wanted to grief, couldn't they just buy a para and NOT shoot the boss? This rule seems retarded, we have the capability of restricting weapons per map so lets use it if this is truly a problem.
  13. Jun 7, 2011
    I hate it when people use awps on mako, it makes it impossible for the team to win. People who use awps are d-bags who just want to fuck the team over.
  14. Apr 13, 2011
    No matter how many players rub their dick against the door waiting for it to open, the zombies have the same difficulty getting in.
    In mako it is different because the boss gets TONS more health for every player and each person who fucks around with this slow gun makes it literally impossible to pick up the slack. The deficit in damage output is not bridgable.
  15. Feb 18, 2011
    The game, can and has been won when players have awps it is simple as that. Does it make it harder? Yes but it does not make it imposable to win.
  16. Apr 13, 2011
    http://plaguefest.com/index.php?/topic/6699-meet-the-plaguefest-dream-team/

I rest my case.
  17. Feb 18, 2011
    You seem to forget the Dream Team...won....first round of Mako to break there streak.
  18. Apr 13, 2011
    The first round of mako doesnt matter if people awp, its on extreme difficulty that it makes a difference.
  19. Feb 18, 2011
    You already rested your case on the fact that there was a 0-48...So your newest argument is invalid.
  20. Jul 20, 2010
    Ugh another thread about restricting guns on ze. Every gun serves a damn purpose snipers rifles are great to lay down cover fire as your team moves to the next point pushing zombies back. I buy an auto sniper or an awp and provide my team with cover and long range fire in defense areas. How can you say they are griefing because they have awps or any other weapon with a slow rate of fire. Whats next lets remove pump shotguns or all shotguns for that matter? I'm getting tired of seeing these threads made about wanting weapons restricted because you have a elite sense of thought. I've played for ze god knows how long and have always stuck to my sniper rifles they are great for long range and shotgunning them at close range they are best. Oh and you trying to say that the Dream team went 0-48 beacause of awps is down right retarded. They failed because the players themselves were dumb and couldn't hold points. Argument is invalid.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.