Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

B Hopping

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Noodles, May 22, 2012

1. Feb 12, 2012
    I've looked at several B Hop tutorials. I've seen mouse wheel binds, scripts, and this weird straffing one, and none of them work. Is there an ACTUAL video for B hopping?
  2. Dec 6, 2011
    You can't really do it on our servers, since we have an anti-bhop script, as well as our ticrate being low. Just go on a random bhopping server and you'll notice an extreme difference.
  3. Feb 18, 2011

Just ZE.
  4. Feb 12, 2012
    There are a few MG maps that need it, like the Long Jump on the lego map...
  5. Dec 6, 2011
    Well, even on ZM and MG, it's still hard as hell to gain speed like you do in bhopping servers.
  6. Jan 21, 2011
    The admin jump on zm makes it really easy to bhop. Settings on MG are optimal for bhopping.
  7. Feb 12, 2012
    Bhoping w/admin jump in ZMP is also very easy.
  8. Jan 21, 2011
  9. Feb 12, 2012
  10. May 5, 2011
    The video you have is perfect, it just takes lots of practice to get the hang of. ZE you can't bhop mg you can easily, in other hopping servers its easy because of sv_airaccelerate 1000+ when pF's mg is 250. But yea lots of practice.
  11. May 14, 2011
    Incorrect. In the Lego map you need to know the technique for long jumping not b hoping. And for those interested it's a 156 unit jump at the end.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE
    Ghost, May 22, 2012 Last edited by Ghost1995, May 22, 2012
  12. Nov 11, 2011
    All I saw from your post was that you love @Richard420 for getting you admin. I want to love rich too! xD

And yeah, I agree with your post. Noodles I can teach you, just message me when I'm on. And bhopping on ZE is illegal and is silly easy on ZM.
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Sep 7, 2010
      Once you find your wings , bhopping is possibly one of the most rewarding things to accomplish, hands down. there is nothing more exhilarating than bhopping down an entire map, moving at speeds that you an hardly believe. It is a quest well worth the effort. Its beautiful really
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • May 5, 2011
        Not quite true ghost, you do need a little bhopping at the long jump, when it gets near the end of the long jump, to get speed for the long jump requires Pre Speed which involves bhopping. Long jump + Bhop is needed on Lego, but not all platforms on Lego Long Jump requires bhop. :3
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Jul 4, 2011
          Bhopping requires practice. I'm not sure what you mean by "none of the videos work", you don't magically become a pro bhopper from watching one. If you really want to learn, watch the "L2BHOP" video Arsis linked, join a bhop server and start practising. :thumbsup:
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Aug 12, 2011
            The max units possible with longjump is 273 if I remember correctly, and the last jump on lego is 256. Bhopping isn't required, it should actually be disabled for it to be true longjump. Here's a vid of an lj 15 units longer:

That is 100 tic aa100, whereas pF MG is at 66 tic, but pF MG also has aa150 so the 256 lj is surely doable. Bhopping does of course make it easier, but isn't needed.
            Rubber Johnny, May 23, 2012 Last edited by Rubber Johnny, May 23, 2012
          • May 14, 2011
            There is also something called bhop jumping which is the same as a long jump but a different technique.
          • Aug 12, 2011
            Yeah, bhop jumping is essentially longjump after 1 bhop.
          • May 5, 2011
            Ah ok, just it seems just not possible doing a normal long jump on these maps.