Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Backstab

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Mod started by Meltdown™, Jul 30, 2015

How would you like stats to behave?

Keep stats & remove ranking 9 vote(s) 30.0%
Remove stats & ranking 6 vote(s) 20.0%
Change nothing! 15 vote(s) 50.0%
  1. Feb 25, 2014
    Please people, backstab more, these days it's too much of a cluster fuck. And I'm especially talking towards one group who has as rule not to back stab each other and have now 95! members.

Please be reminded that zombiemod cannot exists if people don't back stab, if we all play nice then we can just better quit this game.

Just posting this because of the amount of people who are just cluster fucking while there are like 10 vs 3 zombies or even worse 25 people vs 5 zombies while there 3 not doing there job.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Jun 29, 2014
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Feb 25, 2014
        Fuck rank, rank is what has gotten it to this point anyway, fart on your rank and give it to your neighbours.
        • Funny Funny x 2
        • May 16, 2013
        • Feb 8, 2013
          People that don't back stab are pussies. I'm a pussy sometimes to some dear friends. Sometimes I'm just too nice. You don't want to backstab your friends, 'cause that may sink some of your friendships. Really depends on if the guy will get super butt hurt. If you're like me, then you just don't give one fuck.
          • Agree Agree x 2
          • Feb 25, 2014
            Wel I used to be friendly with the team I played on, but you cannot expect to be friendly if there are only 4 random guys and the rest are your friends and what I find more stupid is that this group, zm_try_hards has a rule not to backstab eachother or u get kicked, this is going totally against the nature of the game. Ofcourse new people in that group will not backstab, and which such amount of people in it how the fuck do you expect a little balancing.

I'm just going to be a pain in the ass again as I find this just annoying as fuck, this ranking shit has gone to far. @FreshEggs
          • Jul 20, 2010
            @Meltdown™ I had brought up the idea in the past among the staff to get rid of the ranking system all together or go back to our old system. Because honestly server rankings like these only breeds resentment and you start getting groups of players forming. Granted this was in late 2014, but back then I could see the way rank was changing the dynamic of ZM.

If we want stats then what I proposed was simple stats tracking: k/d, accuracy and head shots. Zombie Mod isn't a game mode that lends itself to stats, if we were playing like Battlefield 4 or Call of Duty then yes I can understand the need for stats.
            • Like Like x 1
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Winner Winner x 1
            • Feb 25, 2014
              Indeed, lets hope they change it because sadly the people won't change.
            • Jun 29, 2014
              then they werent real friends to begin with, i can back stab @DeeKushMan a thousand times and all he will do is get me back and everything is good.
              • Agree Agree x 2
              • Mar 27, 2015
                • Funny Funny x 2
                • Feb 8, 2013
                  How good of a friend you are varies from a person to another. Just like you two, @Thanh and @Cara. You may seem like you're my friends, but to what amount?
                  • Like Like x 1
                  • Nov 29, 2012
                    I backstab everyone and anyone. I don't personally care about rank either..doesn't really do anything besides get people frustrated about it, half of the time I don't even know what my rank is. I just play to have fun. I do agree that people should backstab more though, it makes the game more fun and competitive rather then boring and dragged out. If people get mad about being stabbed, then they shouldn't play in Zombiemod, it's the purpose of the game. Just have fun and enjoy. :smile: That's what games are meant for anyway.
                    • Like Like x 1
                    • Agree Agree x 1
                    • Feb 15, 2012
                      I prefer to be stabbed more by friends than by randoms. I prefer to be stabbed, period. It doesn't affect my friendships one bit if a pal or buddy sticks it in. And I hope everyone feels special when I poke 'em, say hi then flee, giggling to the next vic, I mean person.....

[IMG]

As to the amount of friendship, Orange? Friends always eat friends!
                      [IMG]
                      • Like Like x 1
                      • Winner Winner x 1
                        Caraxes, Jul 30, 2015 Last edited by Cara, Jul 30, 2015
                      • Jun 29, 2014
                        to an amount where i can at least back stab whoever it may be, and laugh it off with the person i just stabbed, not it turn into a pissing match
                        • Agree Agree x 2
                        • Jul 20, 2010
                          @Meltdown™, this is what I had outlined last year in October about my thoughts on the current ranking system we have in place.

From watching how the players interact on zm with each other I've come to see there are two factions of players.

1. The people that just want to play have fun, laugh it up and enjoy a good round of zombies.

2. The people that clearly care WAY too much about rank and their EGO's and berate and yell at faction 1.

This seems to have an adverse effect on the player population and you can see a rift start to form. Faction 2, wants to win at any costs, get kills at any costs and fuck over the player base to do that, just so they can climb up the ranks and stroke their inflamed egos. You have people from Faction 2, griefing players and shooting props into them to pin them and keep them from entering a room and then try to get the players in trouble by claiming that people are cade breaking. We have Faction 2 wanting admins to kick and ban people because Faction 1 players made an errant shot or nade throw that messed up Factions 2 cade without intent of cade breaking but merely shooting or setting zombies on fire.

That then brings us to the constant berating that Faction 2 does against Faction 1 because Faction 2 players got killed by a mistake or because a player from Faction 1 was slow. They actively tell people to leave the server and to never play again. Now yes I know this might be idle banter by Faction 2, but from all joking aside they really do want Faction 1 players to leave the server because those players aren't "good enough" or "hardcore enough".

ZM is slowly start to degrade into what ZE was with you having the Elitists on ZE driving casual players away from the constant berating that want on when a casual got a map item or asked a question or made a simple mistake and wanted players banned for not knowing how to use items or know the map.

I believe that having this ranking system on our servers is slowly creating a toxic environment where it breeds hatred and disdain for casual players. This can and will slowly drive causal players away if every time they come to our servers they get greeted by Faction 2 players that want them gone and think of them as lesser people that don't get a say on the server or aren't "good enough" to play on the server.

I know a lot of work went into the ranking system and getting it just right, but it seems to be growing into something that is sucking the soul out of ZM and our player base. Maybe just remove the ranking system all together and just keep track of basic stats like accuracy, head-shot percentage, k/d ratio. But don't put a ranking system of where people can see who's number just let each player see what the players stats are and that's it. Hopefully with that people won't care so much about their stats and just play the game to have fun instead of yelling at people and getting mad because you died and went down points and lost a rank.
                          • Agree Agree x 2
                          • Feb 25, 2014
                            Your reasoning is razor sharp, Also lets not forget that we have many admins now in faction 2 helping there buddies out, They also behave like you stated to people who just want to have fun. Stats are extra, something you can look back to to see how you have done, now it is dominating the game.
                            • Agree Agree x 1
                            • Oct 29, 2010
                              Friendly zombies are a blight to the server.
                              • Agree Agree x 1
                              • Dec 27, 2012
                                I never really backstab anyone at all. Instead, I ztele and come back for them to make it more fun for them, and for me.
                                • Like Like x 2
                                • Agree Agree x 2
                                • Jun 11, 2012
                                  If ain't backstabing you ain't bout dat lyfe.
                                • Jul 20, 2010
                                  Thanks for saying that. Yea ZM has slowly gotten worse than back then when it comes to rank. I'd love to get rid of it since it serves no real purpose for ZM. Most people just want to play and have fun, kinda of hard when you have groups of people that are simply not killing each other and leaving very unbalanced game play. Makes the rounds boring and not fun.