Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Backstabbing

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Peter, Mar 22, 2010

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 27, 2008
    I'm facepalming pretty bad from this 'unwritten rule' that the players seem to have forced into their minds as some form of honor towards their fellow barricade mates.

When you think about it, you come into the server to play Zombiemod. Humans v Zombies. You as a human must kill zombies from attacking you, or zombies win. As a zombie it is your duty to feed your ongoing hunger for brains and human goodies. Up until this week I've been back I have heard just about everyone under the sun spout off about backstabbing, which is if your barricade mate or you turns, you are to not stab them. This of course leaves the infected to teleport out and turn humans other than that person.

The way I see it, if I'm a zombie, you're a human, and we're in the same room, I'm not hesitating to stab you. Same goes for me being human, if you're a zombie, you're getting shot. That's what the game is about. It is by far the most annoying thing out of the mouths of the server players that I have heard. Then they ask "Why did you stab me," or, "You're not supposed to backstab." My general response is simple. I am supposed to stab or shoot you depending if I'm a zombie or human. That's what the game is, that's how it's meant to be played.

What is everyone's take on this?
  2. Jun 7, 2008
    maybe you can convince them that these humans are actually spies trying to sap their sentries
  3. Jan 13, 2010
    I like this response. Also, I generally tell pple to stfu that's how this game is played. If I happen to like the person (Haplo excluded) I'll leave them alone for a bit, but I'll go back and try to kill them eventually because like I stated, thats how this game is played.
  4. Jul 5, 2008
    once im turned to a zombie it pisses me off to see zombies just hanging out with the humans... it takes away from the game.
    towards the begining of the round it makes it a pain in the ass to start turning humans cause half of them are sitting behind a cade with there human friends...

i think there should be a rule to force all zombies to knife a human regardless of if its a cade buddy or not..
  5. Jan 13, 2010
    The rule might need to be expanded a bit beyond that, perhaps if there's 10 pple or less on server that should be enforced? I've seen this happen and honestly it is annoying when you only have like 2 zombies and 1 is sitting in a cade.
  6. Jun 29, 2008
    Unless its someone I play with regularly, and even then its not 100%, I dont stab them, other then that, your all free game. Its a stupid unspoken code that people do to try and not get fucked over when the dumb ass following them turns.
  7. Jul 14, 2008
    yeah I pretty much backstab everyone around me, I dont think we have to make it a rule though. There are those times when there is a bunch of retard zombies trying to kill the humans and it gets really annoying to play as a zombie (Those are the times in which I only stand around). Players should not be complaining about backstabbing though...
  8. May 27, 2008
  9. Jun 7, 2008

this is why you shoot everyone close to you before zombies spawn
  10. Jul 14, 2008
  11. Apr 4, 2009
    If people don't wanna back stab they don't have to.. I don't see the big deal here, if people bitch just tell em to shut up and play the game.
  12. Dec 30, 2006

I'm just going to shut the cry babies and tell them to suck it up and be a man.
  13. May 27, 2008
    It was just on my mind and decided to speak my take on it. I was tired of hearing all this shit about it. Since they don't listen to me I would figure they'd at least listen to you guys about it.
  14. Aug 22, 2008

I dont see the point of this thread. Its not a rule. Players always bitch. No admin punishes for backstabbing. So....shut up and play the game.
  15. May 27, 2008
    When have any of my threads had a clear point?
  16. Oct 27, 2007

If were going to enforce it which i doubt, put back that plug-in where when zombies spawn, they go right to spawn and teleport out of they're original spot
  17. May 27, 2008
    I assume my rant was kind of.. off putting and confusing. Now that I have had some time to go over your responses which all by the way are just as confusing as what I'm trying to get across. I see Zero understands well what I was getting at. To fuck with that poll, as its generating even more confusion as it seems. I'll just keep this as a rant and move it into the E&N boards.
  18. Apr 9, 2007
    Yup :shock:
    Took me a while as well, there is no actual question.
    This is the solution, however it will never happen again because it caused way too many maps to be unbalanced (On ZE this may be a different story :razz:).
    I would have done this quite a long time ago, however from Peters last comment in the shout box (I can't believe it used to be fun here) I'm rather reluctant to change anything further since people don't seem to be enjoying what's going on.
  19. Mar 12, 2008
    it's all right doods, my computer is coming today (i hope) and tomorrow i will be able to come back and lay down some serious bitch control

Old style

except i need another rundown of the commands....idk if we're still with mani or sourcemod. so that would be helpful
  20. Apr 4, 2009
    Good thing I made a little post to refresh your memory.

http://plaguefest.com/index.php?showtopic=3611
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.