Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Ban awps on zm_officespace_pfss

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Mod started by Seeker, Dec 11, 2013

1. Jan 21, 2011
    pls. You get one idiot on the wall who shoots a half zombie on the roof of the building with an awp and that half zombie is on the wall with them. It's a nightmare to enforce, and ruins the map. Plus the zombies will usually bait the humans into shooting them making it worse.
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • May 31, 2012
    • Oct 29, 2010

Too bad too many ZMs caught on nowadays.

On a more serious note, wouldn't it be logical to restrict the Scout as well? (Seeing that the Scout has some sneaky power)
    • Mar 26, 2012
      But the scout schmidt is my favorite rifle. :[

I don't think it's that big of an issue. Half the fun on that map is sniping otherwise you can only shoot zombies close to to the wall or on the wall, not that fun.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Oct 13, 2011
        There is always one and you've to deal with that idiot. How about players who are good with awp ? I don't want it to be restricted just because of one idiot.
        • Agree Agree x 3
        • Feb 8, 2013
          • Agree Agree x 2
          • Like Like x 1
          • Mar 8, 2013
            I don't think it's a big enough problem to justify screwing snipers out of using their favourite weapons.
            • Agree Agree x 3
            • Jan 21, 2011
              Maybe I understated what I mean when I say 1 idiot. I mean at least 1 idiot EVERY ROUND. Hell I've seen up to 5 do it in a 1 minute time span.
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Feb 3, 2012
                Every time I spectate on that map I always see zombies trying to get themselves launched by standing on the roof. +support for this.
              • Dec 27, 2012
                Personally I think it's the same problem on zm_unpanic_pF but EVEN WORSE. Once a zombie gets launched from the roof, it's instant death for humans who just might be at the target location. I don't know if it is possible but could it work to edit headshots as regular body-hits on maps such as officespace etc? Still dealing the same damage as usual of course, just lowering the knockback.

Reason for this is because I think it's sad that we need to ban a fun rifle to use just because of idiots/trollers who could never learn from their "Mistakes".
              • Jan 21, 2011
                I don't want to nerf awps. I just think they ruin gameplay on this map and at times unpanic.
              • Feb 27, 2012
                I hate playing officespace because when i'm actually trying to be a team player, some fucktard launches with the awp. I just wanna edit that map so there is a giant clip around the whole roof and you can only get up from the one RB location. So freaking annoying. I can't even stand to play that map anymore because of that crap.
              • Feb 8, 2013
                True, but you can't just take out the mother fucking AWP's because someone happens to launch a zombie across and kill a bunch of humans. Everyone's just going to have to face the fact the map's design makes it difficult for humans to stay alive with AWPer's.
              • Feb 27, 2012
                You're right, the map should be a goomba-stomp only map! Perfect idea!

But if the problem is big enough, then it will have to become illegal at some point. It wouldn't affect all maps, just officespace. Sure it has legitimate uses on officespace, but they're rarely ever used for that.
              • Feb 1, 2011
                Slippery slope! I would hate to see ZM go the way of ZE and you can't use AWP on half the maps. First officespace...then unpanic...WHERE WILL IT END? TELL ME SEEKER!

It is a pain to enforce but I don't support this simply because I enjoy using the AWP on that map. In fact, that map kinda blows and using the AWP is just about the only thing that makes it tolerable for me.
                • Agree Agree x 1
                • May 27, 2008
                  I don't think the maps' original intent was for CTs to fend off zombies from a bad awp shot.

I'm in total support of this. That's the way it works, a few people ruin stuff and we have to compensate for it due to it being unfair to others, and it is a big issue. Just because you guys may not have seen it happen as much as us doesn't mean it doesn't happen at all. Plus, it's just one map. Seeker isn't making it a point to remove it from ZM all together.
                  • Agree Agree x 1
                  • Jan 21, 2011
                    Don't use a fallacy as an argument. This is the only map where its a legitimate issue.
                  • Mar 26, 2011
                    Fuck why are you even on here, and like, I don't see the AWP being that much of a problem on this map I mean the edge is actually pretty hard to get to if you have a big team of smart CT's which is rare but I mean a flying zombie makes everything funner and you need more skill c; So I am not really either side of this.
                  • Dec 27, 2012
                    After some thinking, I have to support Seekers idea of restricting AWP on officespace. I really am against the idea of restricting it to be honest, but I know fully well what big issue this is on that map. It happens next to every single round at least one time just as Seeker claimed.
                  • Oct 13, 2011
                    I've never seen a single CT holding roof of the building. Lets just block access to the roof and save the awps ? Plus, I've seen couple players getting awp boosted from ground to the wall. Roof is not the only way, you just have to go spec, and kick dem idiots.