Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Ban History /Admin Subsription Questions

Discussion in Help Desk started by ☣™ Fire Dragon ™☣ =pF=, Feb 9, 2013

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar 26, 2012
    I have a ban history of two perma bans due to chat spam, one accidentally and one purposely. I am wondering if this would affect me becoming an admin...?

Last i am wondering if i could ever get my ban history cleared???
  2. Apr 14, 2011
    Once you have a ban, its on your PERMANENT RECORD
    [IMG]
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Zing! Zing! x 1
    • Nov 11, 2011
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Jun 4, 2006
        Unless you're a player who we strongly feel would be terrible as an admin, then no, it won't affect you becoming one (unless you have a perm ban of course). Anyone who becomes an admin that has had past bans will simply be looked at a little more closely during their first few weeks/months or so as admin. We know people have the ability to change and a lot of players/admins have ended up surprising us by never causing issues and shaping up in general.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Useful Useful x 1
        • Sep 14, 2008
          I say go ahead and purchase admin. We've had worse offenses than yours :razz: Just don't go and make it a habit.
        • Mar 26, 2012
          btw I protested a ban earlyer for that spamming chat thing and my ban was reduced to 1 day... my last ban was spaming chat too but i didn't mean to do it! i kinda don't think it is unfair. I was only trying to ban myself for 5mins, 5MINS!!! and I get a day! I dont know who dealt with my ban but i would like to know if they knew my last ban was by accident. Last they sent me an email with the last things i said before i got banned witch i stated "can i be banned for 5MINS" not 1 DAY!!!! I just would like another admins opinion on this matter if they think its fair or not. thats all i want if to know if another admin agrees with 1 day or not. if they do than so be it i will not bring it up again.
        • Jun 4, 2006
          What? Are you saying you were purposely trying to get banned? How then would a ban reduction of any kind be unfair? You should consider yourself lucky, no? I'm sure I'm missing something here as your post was hard to follow.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Mar 26, 2012
            yes i was trying to get banned, and because no admin would do the curtacy of banning me for 5 mins the only thing i thought of that wouldnt rune the game play was to spam the chat. if an admin would have kindly banned me for 5 mins i woulnd be in this mess
            if theres something i missed please do explain...
          • Jun 4, 2006
            • Agree Agree x 4
            • Funny Funny x 2
            • Mar 26, 2012
              how am i an idiot! all i wanted was a five minute ban thats it. all because i did something stupid that made me feel the need to be banned
            • Sep 8, 2012
              I'm pretty sure it was an accident but even if it wasn't, I don't think he should be punished for a day for something like that. He did something on Mako to make himself feel ashamed and so he thought an admin should ban em' for 5 minutes because of his stupidity of messing up the round. Either or, I don't think it's fair considering many people accidentally chat spam every day and all of them get unbanned without questions asked.
            • Nov 11, 2011
              Was there any reason in particular why you wanted to be banned for five minutes exactly?

EDIT: Holy you guys respond fast. lawl.
            • Mar 26, 2012
              I team killed, if enemy below was on he might have kicked me or something
              Post Merged, Feb 9, 2013
              i could have simply asked to be kicked but that didnt come to mind at the time
            • Jul 20, 2010
              I reduced your ban to a day because this is your second ban for spamming chat. You simply don't accidentally spam a bind to get banned lol you really have to spam it. Also you stated in the ban protest that you wanted to get banned so you did it anyway. This is what I pulled from stats chat before you banned yourself by spamming a nominate bind it seems.

Feb 9, 2013 2:55:03 pm!nominate ze_Paranoid_Rezurrection_v11_9Zombie Escape :: PlagueFest.com - FastDL
              Feb 9, 2013 2:54:46 pmim banning myself since no admin wants toZombie Escape :: PlagueFest.com - FastDL
              Feb 9, 2013 2:48:07 pmcan an admin ban me know...Zombie Escape :: PlagueFest.com - FastDL
              Feb 9, 2013 2:36:04 pmvvtf you vvant to ban syuodous but not me!!!!!!!!!Zombie Escape :: PlagueFest.com - FastDL
              Feb 9, 2013 2:31:03 pmsomebody ban me for 5 mins!!!!!!!!Zombie Escape :: PlagueFest.com - FastDL
              Feb 9, 2013 2:24:44 pmi could bhop... '_'Zombie Escape :: PlagueFest.com - FastDL
              Feb 9, 2013 2:23:57 pmthats a weekZombie Escape :: PlagueFest.com - FastDL
              Feb 9, 2013 2:23:40 pm-_-Zombie Escape :: PlagueFest.com - FastDL
              Feb 9, 2013 2:23:27 pm[T_T] you ban meZombie Escape :: PlagueFest.com - FastDL
              Feb 9, 2013 2:22:10 pmwhat if i said your a shitty admin would you ban me thenZombie Escape :: PlagueFest.com - FastDL
              Feb 9, 2013 2:21:39 pmGAGSTA...!!!!!????Zombie Escape :: PlagueFest.com - FastDL
              Feb 9, 2013 2:21:05 pmGANSTA!!!! BAN ME!!!! 5MINS!!!Zombie Escape :: PlagueFest.com - FastDL
              Feb 9, 2013 2:20:21 pmgansta ban me for 5 minsZombie Escape :: PlagueFest.com - FastDL
              Feb 9, 2013 2:19:59 pmcan you ban me for 5 minsZombie Escape :: PlagueFest.com - FastDL
              Feb 9, 2013 2:19:41 pmgangsta?Zombie Escape :: PlagueFest.com - FastDL
              Feb 9, 2013 2:19:07 pmdoes an admin want to ban me for 5 minutes "reason cause he deserved it"Zombie Escape :: PlagueFest.com - FastDL

Next time just disconnect from the server and don't be an idiot about it. People are slow these days it seems.
            • Sep 8, 2012
              You accidentally killed Dudu when he was using wind on zombie cage. You didn't do it intentionally..
            • Mar 26, 2012
              when i got banned the first time it was because i binded space with say when i was on a different server that was when i noticed ze_paranoid_rezurrection was being played on pF, so when i went to jump down the long tunnel i was spamming it without even noticing. next thing i know it i was perma banned...
            • Nov 29, 2010
              You're digging a hole for yourself buddy. The reason why this plugin is implemented that isn't so jokers like you can see how long they can be banned for. You can't really call the shots on how we ban you either because it's like asking the judge to put you in jail for 5 days for murder.

That plugin the server has serves two general purposes: 1 eliminate needless spamming in chat and 2, ban anyone trying to flood the server to crash it.

You honestly think management implemented that plugin as a joke so you can screw around and get away with it?

As for admin, go for it. If the LSA's see you fit for admin after training then voila, welcome to the crew.
            • Mar 26, 2012
              is it against the rules to have an admin ban a player with only the reason of the players permisison
              Post Merged, Feb 9, 2013
              if so i will except my day of ban
            • Nov 29, 2010
              We're not allowed to ban players for shits and giggles. Admins have set rules to follow too you know.
            Thread Status:
            Not open for further replies.