Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Ban Protest

Discussion in Help Desk started by pez, Jul 18, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jul 18, 2012

the reason why I was banned few weeks ago is becouse I was spamming "timeleft". It was pointless. I'm really sorry and it would be nice if I could play on your servers again. I've no previous bans. It was first time or second when I was playing on your MiniGame server. I understand my offense and it will not be repeated.

My Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:22804966

Best Regards,
    Pez
  2. apollo
    This message by apollo has been removed from public view. Deleted by apollo, Jul 18, 2012.
    Jul 18, 2012
  3. Nov 29, 2010
    Not listed under sourcebans, that's something for a root to look at.
  4. Jul 18, 2012
    I tried this way of course, but I cannot find myself. I've added few days ago one of the PlagueFest admins and he told me, that who's banned for spamming commands won't be shown in banlist. That's why I made this post.
  5. Nov 11, 2011
    Yes I tried find myself by SteamID, IP or nickname everything with no results. But when I try join on MiniGame PlagueFest server it says "You have been banned from this server.". So I'm pretty sure I'm banned.
  7. Nov 11, 2011
    What is your IP address? If you don't know, go to http://whatismyip.com and post it here. Your IP might have been banned instead of STEAM ID.
  8. pez
    This message by pez has been removed from public view. Deleted by pez, Jul 19, 2012, Reason: I don't wanna show my IP anymore.
    Jul 18, 2012
  9. Nov 11, 2011
    Odd. No bans for that IP also. Are you using DSL, Cable, or other? Shouldn't matter though... try to reconnect right now and copy and paste the errors you get in console again.
  10. Jul 20, 2010
    If I'm correct in this people banned by the command spamming like time left aren't shown in source bans that is logged somewhere else wait for a root to look into it and they'll get back to you
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Nov 11, 2011
      Ah alright. I've seen bans from command spammers before and they have console as the banning admin. Could be just a root who banned directly from console? In that case, pez, which admin banned you? He should be the one to handle this.
    • Jul 18, 2012
      I'm using Wi-Fi. I've no idea if I was banned by person or if server automatically banned me. From console I get this:
      Code:
      Connecting to 74.63.217.98:27015...
      You have been banned from this server.
    • Jan 21, 2011
      He was banned by the server automatically. His ban isn't on sourcebans. As has been stated before, a root will have to unban you.
      • Winner Winner x 2
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Jul 14, 2010
        Sorry, but you don't know what you are talking about.

As already said, and there are many threads about this, timeleft spammers do not get placed on sourcebans. They are on a special list that only roots have access to.
        All he can do is wait for the roots.
        • Agree Agree x 3
        • Nov 11, 2011
          You're right, I wasn't aware of that. I learned something today. :clap:
        • Feb 14, 2012
        • Jan 12, 2011
          There's no need to tag Roots since this is under "Help Desk". :secret:
        • Oct 29, 2010
          One of them might catch it eventually, sure, but this expedites it to their attention.
          • Funny Funny x 1
          • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
          • Mar 16, 2008
            The question is, to unban or not to unban.
            • Winner Winner x 1
            • Nov 11, 2011
              I would give him another chance, seems like a sincere apology.
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Apr 2, 2011
                Sajak, this is up to the roots. Let them deal with it.
              Thread Status:
              Not open for further replies.