Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Ban Submission Demo Extension

Discussion in Website Feedback & Bugs started by Ra1n, May 5, 2015

1. Dec 31, 2013
    ZIP and RAR are the only two extensions for demos allowed in ban sumbissions. That would be great if .7z was added for 7zip. After all 7zip is more compatible and robust.
  2. Jun 11, 2012
    7zip is not compatible available by default and (I'm surprised rar is mentioned as default) on any OSes. By default you get .zip on windows and .tar on OSX and most *nix.
    Benderius, May 5, 2015 Last edited by Benderius, May 5, 2015
  3. Dec 31, 2013
    oh i found it in 7zip you can add to archives .tar .wim, and .zip. 7zip comes default with windows 8.1 btw, but 7z is the default extension, you have to change the setting to .zip :3
  4. Jun 11, 2012

Sorry, I was trying to rephrase your sentence.

7zip supports .rar .tar .zip ... and many others.

However Windows (and even on Windows 10 I'm on) does not come with the 7zip utility by default, it's GNU and they can't distribute it. You most likely installed it.

Reason why .zip is the default is every OS from install can open a .zip file. Granted pF has extended to .rar since most of them aren't 65 years old and work in the government.

But I don't disagree.
    Benderius, May 5, 2015 Last edited by Benderius, May 5, 2015