Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Banned again, Oh dear

Discussion in Admin Abuse started by PonyHorse, Aug 8, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aug 3, 2011
    Probably going to go nowhere again, But I really don't seen what Badgriuel has against me, As instantly as he joins the server he bans me for saying " Throws lawnmower" In a hispanic voice, Like come on, And for a week? I think thats a tad too excessive.
    You just joined the server, Me and alot of the admins and gotten to respect one another very well, You play on the server for and hour every 3 days, And right when you join you ban me for saying one thing. I think that's way too much, please get off my back.
    And if the ban is for a week like I heard, I would like my 10 dollars refunded which I purchased like 20 minutes ago.
    Thank you.
  2. May 27, 2008
    It shouldn't matter how long an admin plays a server. He caught you at a time where I guess you were being a shithead, and he was just doing his job. He banned you for a day so ride it out Ponyboy, if I had heard you say that it probably would have been much longer.
  3. Mar 13, 2010
    Was this ZE just a little while ago?

Yerp, just looked it up. We were playing Mako, having a good time and making jokes. I don't think there was any malice involved in this. If you put it in context, we were all just joking around and I dont think his goal was to be offensive. I think someone asked if he spoke any other languages, he started speaking 'spanish' and a few people laughed. He then asked if he one of the admins needed their lawn mown which is when I think Bad came in and heard him make the joke.

As I said, I think out of context it could be considered rude or discriminatory, but in context, I was there listening to it, and he wasn't trying to make people feel unwelcome so much as play along to a what was perceived as a harmless joke. It was dropped pretty quickly and that was that.

If I (or another admin) had felt he was braking any rules, one of us would have been the first to ban him even before Bad got to him. I really don't see, given the situation why he should be banned.

This was also the only 'discriminatory' joke he made to my knowledge that I noticed. As I've said, if it was a real problem, he was being an ass, or just trying to cause problems, I'd have taken care of it.

I think personally he shouldn't be banned as circumstances explained above mitigate the issue.
  4. Jun 4, 2006
    You have proof of this purchase? Because I can't find it anywhere. I seriously hate people that try to use this as leverage to get their way and for that you can go fuck yourself, especially for lying, which kind of throws your entire report out the window.

Also we have a rule against discrimination, this includes jokes. I don't however agree with the ban length given this is all that went down, but I haven't heard both sides.

Edit: I checked SB and your ban was for a day, not a week... lying again I see...
  5. Jul 20, 2010
    I was actually there the whole time from when it started Surprise. First off pony it was for a day not a week. Second off you were spouting every racial stereotype that there is about mexicans while trying to sound mexican and making fun of mexicans. I warned you to cut it out you proceeded to do it after been warned and you got banned for it. I don't have anything against you as a person you just seem to have a problem following our rules on the servers and like to troll/mic spam along with doing racial jokes. You went on for about half a round before I stepped in to warn you. I was waiting to see if any of the other admins present would step up and do anything after I saw they weren't I stepped in.
  6. Mar 13, 2010
    I honestly didn't see or hear anything from you until I saw something in admin chat saying something about a ban being sorted out. I might have missed all that then. I honestly heard it for all of 10 or so seconds when we were waiting for the first hold point door to let us inside. Other than that, it was about it. I'm posting a more in depth opinion in admin only as it goes on a bit of a related tangent.

And actually, your quote in your sig from Harvey is a good summation of my opinion.
  7. Apr 4, 2009
    If you did lie about buying Donator to try and get some leverage in your post I won't be very happy.
  8. May 27, 2008
  9. Jun 4, 2006
    He did, unless he purchased it under a different name, steamid, AND e-mail. Also unless he purchased it not 20 minutes ago as we haven't had any incoming $ since this morning.
  10. Mar 13, 2010
    Yeah... it's probably safe to call him on this one.

To Pony: If you are indeed lying about this, I'd just drop it here before you get in worse trouble. Wait out your 24 hour ban, and just be more careful from now on. In my personal opinion I thought you were just chilling not causing any problems, but others don't think the same way I do. Let's just drop it and keep shooting zambies.
  11. Mar 16, 2008
    I'm looking at email logs, I see no donations. I'm going to end up banning you completely if I see that you tried to gain leverage by lying about this. Post a paypal receipt to show some proof or get bent.
  12. Sep 14, 2008
    See. This is what happens when other admins don't take action. That's why ZE is so out of control. Surprise, you're a great admin I know this, but ZE is really bad because certain admins let this shit slide so much. Oh and btw Pony? Way to make Mexican jokes when a Mexican admin is on :thumbsup:
  13. May 27, 2008
    I can pretty much say that this is resolved and needs a proper punishment/lock. Unless victim sees that he should add some final words.
  14. Aug 3, 2011
    I've been out for a bit sorry sorry, But yes I did purchase it I have been having jemengo helping me with my Paypal because my friggin visa pre-paid wouldn't go it, It eventually did. ( or thought ) but it should've.
    But if it was that offensive I wish you would've said something. And if you did, I didn't look at the chat log for I was too busy slaying.

But if it needs to be locked, So be, I post too fast after i'm banned to where I'm still in a rage.

I apologize, I'm pretty chill to game with, a lot of people seem to think so, So I apologize for causing unneeded fuss.

And I just apologized to Badgriuel, I'm thinking things are worked out, But if further punishment is in order do what you need.
  15. May 27, 2008
    I just want us all to be on the same level so this doesn't happen. It occurs a lot more than you might think and if we can establish a ground where everyone stays kosher then we wouldn't have this sort of difficulty in the future.
  16. Sep 14, 2008
    I'll lock this thread for now. Someone will look into that purchase for you. :locked:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.