Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Banned by Badgriuel, though i think unjustified

Discussion in Admin Abuse started by excon, Mar 20, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jul 1, 2011
    It happened right now, the map was ze_sg1_missions, so as you may know the last part of the map consists of going to the left to exit the tunnel and if you go to the right you get insta-killed by zombies. Now, admittedly, I typed "GO TO THE RIGHT" or something of the sort, some people got zombified and others lived. Then all of the sudden I'm banned with no prior warning by Badgriuel and, according to http://bans.plaguefest.com/, I've been banned for a day. Seriously, I thought the process was warn > kick > ban, but neither of the first 2 happened? I really don't mind not playing ZE for a day (because I do admit, what I did was wrong), I just wish this situation to be clarified. (I'm Dangerous DaVe by the way)
  2. Jul 20, 2010
    I banned you for the day for being a complete retard and griefing a good bunch of the team. There had been warnings going out for a few maps about not griefing and you were on for those warnings and other people being removed from the server when they did it. You choose to knowingly break the rules and grief some of our players. In my opinion someone who's seen the warnings and other players get removed from the server for doing those kind of things mere minutes before goes straight to ban since you want to be a jackass and get people killed to get some laughs.
  3. Jul 1, 2011
    If I remember correctly, I played about 2 maps I think before sg1 missions (first one I don't remember, the other one was voodoo). There was a lot of fail in voodoo yet I don't remember anyone else getting banned. I don't remember seeing any warning when I was on (Maybe because I was paying attention to playing?). I have said that what I did was wrong but, a ban?
  4. Jun 10, 2011
    Unfortunately for you, whether you saw the warnings or not is a moot point. If he issued them and you continued to break the rules (misleading CTs when you're T is considered 'griefing') then he is justified in his actions.

Just wait it out a day and make sure not to do it again! 24hours isn't that long :razz:

EDIT: Oh yeah, i'm not an admin anymore... Ignore me xD
  5. Jul 1, 2011
    Well as I've said I have no problem admitting that I did something wrong, just wanted to get clarification.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Jul 24, 2011
      This can all be easily avoided Excon by just having fun, without ruining other peoples fun by screwing them over.

If bad warned several players(including yourself) not to do this, yet you still do it, then immediate action should of been taken place(which it did).

Normally if it was me, I wouldn't have stepped up to an immediate Warning --> 1Day ban. However, due the fact that several players(while you were on) were been kicked/warned for doing the same shenanigans that you pulled(lets not forget bad did warn you); clearly this ban was justified.

Wait out the day ban, and don't do it again :smile:
    • Jul 1, 2011
      Ah, but that's the thing, I wasn't warned at all. Infact, if I remember correctly, on sg1 no one was doing anything wrong. We were failing because we always forgot to plant the C4 but that's about it. I wasn't warned because I wasn't doing anything wrong. When I did say "GO TO THE RIGHT" Badgriuel just typed in chat "hey dave" and then inmediately banned me. It must be in the logs if you wanna check it out. Also, just to be clear, I'm not demanding anything, I'm just stating the facts.
    • Jul 23, 2010
      Wait, what are these dates?? I don't know if this is a necro post, but....

I remember this happening on Minigames all the time. People/person's would die and everyone would laugh. he's not killing them, they are choosing to follow his words and killed themselves. I really don't think this should be punished, and I've never seen it punished before. It really doesn't constitute griefing.
    • Jun 10, 2011
      It's not on MG it's on ZE, and it's in the rules. Although I do not know if the rule applies to chat as well as mic.

• Jul 23, 2010
      Warn → Kick → Temporary Ban (1 hour to 1 day)

So if this is indeed against the rules, I guess the question of proper protocol is the only issue. I mean, If there was a warning, why was there not a kick?
    • Jul 1, 2011
      Nezumi, the only problem is that I was a human, not a zombie. I forgot to mention that.
    • Dec 6, 2011
      Still shouldn't matter. You're griefing and purposely killing others. Next time just don't do it. I'm pretty sure there were warnings that went out before, so no need to muddy up the truth. Badgriuel made the choice, and it seems perfectly justified to me.
    • Jul 20, 2010
      Many server wide warnings went out warning everyone in the server to not grief and that you'd be removed from the server for doing so. General server wide warnings can be given out for certain things that are a server wide problem like griefing for example on ze which was done many times. You were a human trying to get other humans killed by telling them to go the wrong way to troll and grief them. You got caught doing it and I banned you. First for doing it after we've warned everyone before the past map many times and many people had gotten kicked. Second you're a regular on the server and know our rules very well. Human or zombie it doesn't matter griefing is greifing if you want to do that go to some other server we don't need you here ruining the fun for other players. Locking this topic as there was no abuse.
    • Apr 9, 2007
    • Jun 4, 2006

TheMoreYouKnow*

edit oh no ive revealed the secret OS!
      • Funny Funny x 1
      Thread Status:
      Not open for further replies.