Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Banned by Richard, Reason spinhack script?

Discussion in Admin Abuse started by SYDESHOW, Mar 6, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nov 9, 2011
    cl_yawspeed is the command to set how fast to turn. Discuss...

Map was MG_lego... everyone was dead and not even past a minute or two... people died from the first jump turn... while waiting for the block peices to pick me up from the tunnel. i spin just to pass time... people on the mic are chanting "hax, spinbot, script"... without reason, banned... :frown: no warning or anything
  2. brownieapple
    This message by brownieapple has been removed from public view. Deleted by Brian, Mar 6, 2012, Reason: how is this helpful?.
    Mar 6, 2012
  3. Mar 5, 2012
    I'll take a loot at your ban and see what's up.
  4. Mar 5, 2012
    A demo hasn't been submitted yet. Hopefully if you're telling the truth management will choose to undo your ban. Good luck
  5. Jun 4, 2006
    I highly highly highly highly highly highly highly doubt you were actually indeed using a Spinhack, of all hacks to use, as a Donator, a spinhack, really? I don't think so... sounds like Richard is being a bit of a tard, and without a demo, I've unbanned you.

If a demo is submitted in the future and you are indeed determined to be hacking, you will of course be re-banned. Until the outcome is determined, any sort of wrongdoing on richard's part is up in the air, but presuming you're innocent I'm pretty sure this thread will remind him to be more than sure of his bans and to always submit demos, presuming he's not off doing that as I type this.
  6. Oct 29, 2010

I would do the same thing occasionally to pass time if I was bored or dead--rachet up the sensitivity to 2000 DPI (logitech G3, very easy to toggle DPI on-the-fly), then spin my mouse as if there was no tomorrow until I was satisfied with the appearance of the "spinhack warning" message.

I've performed that mini-pastime multiple times in full presence of multiple admins. I'd acknowledge and joke in glee about the spinhack message. I was blatantly obvious about it (perhaps, obnoxiously so at times), and yet, nobody cared.

Just my input regarding this.
  7. Jun 4, 2006
    Yeah, for the record though the spinhack message should be gone now, not that you'd know, Mr. CSS withdrawals :frownbig: - AFAIK we're no longer running the spinhack module of SMAC as it's well.. useless.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Oct 29, 2010
    • Jan 8, 2012
      Captain jack, hua for supporting the issue, but please don't double post ( post twice consecutively ) as it is frowned upon and against forum rules. http://plaguefest.com/rules/

OP

Brian came to the rescue, just think about it to prevent future issues. Whether its a spinhack or not, provoking admins or other players into believing you are is just as bad. NOT saying you did, but if someone might take something the wrong way. Just don't do it, and you will save yourself some agony.
    • Jun 4, 2006
      • Funny Funny x 2
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      • Feb 1, 2011
        I slightly disagree. I am familiar with Mr. SYDESHOW, and he does his little spinning in place thing all the time on MG. I never took it like he was baiting or provoking us into thinking he's hacking. He obviously just set his yawspeed super high to spin. I don't see any more harm in this than binding flashlight to mousewheel or other similar useless yet entertaining things.

Spinhack is pretty rare, and it is SUPER easy to spot if that's actually what they're doing. Screen will most likely be upside-down, and they'll be spinning constantly, only stopping when they shoot. I don't see any harm in SYDESHOW spinning around - we just need to keep our admins informed about what spinhack actually looks like. Had Richard ever encountered a legit spinhacker, he probably would have known that SYDESHOW wasn't doing that.
        • Agree Agree x 2
        • Sep 30, 2011
          Possibly some training on helping new admins identify hacks is in order.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Jun 4, 2006
            to be fair though that flashlight shit can get pretty fucken annoying... but I see s3th's point in the matter, in general it's not a good idea to provoke admins in any way, hacking or other, but in this particular instance SYDESHOW wasn't purposely instigating issues, as s3th says he's not claiming sydeshow was.
          • Jun 10, 2011
            Except the flashlight bind makes a bloody annoying sound!

Even I used to spin around trying to set off the spinhack warning, it was a fun little banter between not only admins but regulars who knew of the bug as well.

But even if SYDESHOW were hacking (of which I doubt), without a demo Richard didn't follow the correct banning procedure and thus we have no proof either way.
          • Nov 29, 2010
            The number one characteristic to find out who is legitimately spinhacking is to watch them in 3rd person, if they manage to walk in a straight line that is a spinhack. I believe it's been patched up in our latest smac that moving your mouse at an excessive speed will not trigger smac

As Nezumi stated; hacking or not, you need a demo for a ban.

Unbanned by
          • Aug 1, 2011
            Anyone else kind of interested in what Richard saw/was thinking when he made this ban?
          • Jun 4, 2006
            This is still open so he can reply... either it will be him explaining he made a mistake or him explaining the situation with proof of hacking or what he believes to be hacking. I foresee the former and then a lock personally.
          • Nov 9, 2011
            Thanks for the replies and unban (havn't checked yet if i did or was unbanned), i know there are some people in PF that can vouch for me.

Here's a text walk-thru since there's no video: (LOL)

Map: MG_LEGO
            Location: The area where you have to walk on the red zig-zag path and cannot touch the grey floor or wall or you will die... right before the pincher
            How it went down: Started to walk the red path, stopped at the corner then walked sideways onto the zigzag. Walked forward onto the path, at the corner i pressed my assigned button that is "cl_yawspeed 100,000" to try to get lucky to face to my right and continue my path... same with each corner until i reached the "BLUE" trap floor... hopped over facing the floor and as soon as i hit the floor, i press my "spin button" to celebrate the successful hop... then past the pincher, the successfully jumped the "RED(die)/Grey(go) box stage".. As i crouch at the edge of the water hallway waiting for the lego block to take me down the laser pathed river... Then BAM... CRIS HANSON popped out.... He says: Why don't you take a seat, take a seat right there....
            • Funny Funny x 1
            • Aug 18, 2006
              Has anyone contacted Richard yet? I'd like to know what happened from his perspective exactly.
            • Feb 1, 2011
              I talked to him 1 on 1 in Mumble. It was just an honest mistake. He said that lots of people were calling SYDE out and that he didn't deny it, and he thought he really was spinhacking. I told him about what spinhacking really looks like, and the things you should look for to confirm it. Hopefully Richard does reply himself as I don't wanna put words in his mouth.
              • Informative Informative x 1
              • Jul 24, 2011

Kind of interesting that he banned someone for a spin hack without a demo proving it...
                • Agree Agree x 1
                Thread Status:
                Not open for further replies.