Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Banned for nothing?

Discussion in Admin Abuse started by Sinister_Sith, Sep 30, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sep 30, 2011
    Here's what happened. A fellow =PF= member decided to use faggot in a derogatory context, so I questioned Nezumi on the matter saying, "So, using that logic, I can say N*****, too?" to which there was no response. I was banned by Angel.

I am still confused as I wasn't using it in reference to anybody in the game, I was merely asking why you can say faggot, but not N*****? Um, homophobia much? I have never called anybody a N*****, I merely used it in a platonic context. I have a witness.

Again, another server with flawed rules, hrm?
  2. Jul 14, 2008
    Racial slurs are not allowed at all, you continued with it after multiple warnings by multiple admins. Also this:

Go troll somewhere else.

Also how is this admin abuse?

If you want to protest your ban go to:

3. Jun 10, 2011
    Homophobia? You were the one on your mic stereotyping and talking about homosexuals in a derogatory manner.

We do not take pity on homophobic racist trolls.
  4. Sep 30, 2011
    Racial slurs are not allowed, yet using faggot in a derogatory context (especially when it is commonly used to refer to homosexuals) is? It's equal discrimination. I fail to see your logic. It's not trolling. And I said it once, I have a user who will come and confirm that if you'd like.
  5. Sep 30, 2011
    How was I talking about homosexuals in a derogatory manner? I was merely representing how the media depicts homosexuals, not how homosexuals really are.

Also, discrimination is discrimination. According to your rules, discrimination is not tolerated period, so I think equal action should be taken against the other member.
  6. Jun 10, 2011
    I quite clearly told you that it's NOT ok when used as a derogatory term aimed at homosexuals.

(Admin) Nezumi: 'faggot' is fine to say on our servers AS LONG AS it's not used in a derogatory manner to refer to homosexuals
  7. Sep 30, 2011
    And how was saying N***** being used in a derogatory context? I said, "so by your logic, I can say the word N*****?" I never referred to anybody as being a N*****, I used the word as an example for your flawed logic.

Faggot = a bundle of sticks, however, it is now commonly known as being a derogatory term used in reference to individuals of homosexual nature. N***** is a slang term derived from the Spanish word Negros, commonly used in derogatory reference to black people.

Seems like it deserves equal punishment on both parties.
  8. Sep 6, 2010
    I was present and I warned Sinister and other players that racist slurs are not allowed on the server several times. Although you kept going and even asked "can I be racist", instigating other players. As well as you used N word for which you were banned. Read the rules carefully.
  9. Sep 30, 2011
    I was in the server when this happened and Sinister did not use the n word as a racist slur. Nezumi said you can say faggot in a derogatory term referring to a homosexual slur against gay people etc. So sinister in mic well "If i said Naaager not in a derogatory term then how is that not wrong then". I don't see why that deserved a permanent ban.
  10. Jul 14, 2008
    Don't you guys read the server rules?

Do not use any discriminatory speech.
    Note: Punishment may escalate to an immediate permanent ban depending on the severity of the offense.
    This includes but is not limited to racism, sexism, hate speech, or any form of harmful speech used only to offend someone.
    Punishment: Warn -> Mute/Gag -> Permanent Ban

Here is what Nezumi said taken from the console log:
    The permanent ban was warranted when he didn't listen to a bunch of admins asking him not to say the word again, he has also been banned before for trolling and discrimination. This ban was just the tip of the iceberg.
  11. Sep 30, 2011
    Pretty much this.

You can say faggot all you like, but not N*****? Doesn't make sense.

I was joking when I asked, "Can I be racist?", however, I fail to see what relevance that has considering I did not use that word in a derogatory context towards black people.

Pretty pathetic and illogical rule you have there.
  12. Jun 10, 2011
    Whilst there is a difference in context, there is also a difference in severity and our rule and policy.

"faggot" used in a derogatory context is discrimination

"n*****" used in a derogatory context is racism

We don't take politely to either, but we have never allowed the use of the 'n' word in ANY context.

You've played here long enough to know that Sinister.
  13. Nov 2, 2010
    Flawed? I think you got the wrong idea mate. There's the Derogatory meaning i.e. "Johnny's such a faggot man, he sucks dick day and night.", and the non-derogatory meaning "Ahh Johnny you tagged me bro, your such a faggot!" see where I am getting at here?

If I use N***** in a context, no matter how hard I try I cannot make it non-derogatory. So try to understand that "Homophobia" doesn't count. If you hate gays, take it to another server.
  14. Sep 29, 2011
    You were warned for the racism many times, you keep going even after a mute.

15. Jul 14, 2008
  16. Sep 30, 2011
    1. I never once used it in reference to another person nor was I using it in a discriminatory context. I agree wholeheartedly that, if used in a derogatory context, N***** is very racist. However, when using it in platonic reference, it really has no merit. Take a look at the logs more clearly, and you will see what I said. You won't, though, because the "admins are always right". LOL. Keep drowning in your logical inconsistencies and flaws.

2. They're both discrimination. Discrimination against a race is still... discrimination. Discrimination against a sexual orientation is... still discrimination. Why should one word be taken more seriously than another? Clearly homophobic.

If you can pull up one piece of evidence that suggests that I called anybody a N*****, then I will drop the case and move on. If you're going to enforce rules, enforce them properly. IF you can't enforce rules properly, then why bother maintaining a community? Seems senseless.

Do me a favour. Say "faggot" in front of a homosexual, and say "N*****" in front of a black man. They will take equal offense because they are equally discriminatory.
  17. May 6, 2011
    Sinster you been playing on our server quite often, and often you will be there when I am on. You know the rules quite well, and there is absolutely no excuse for you to use the "N" word no matter what context.

I am very sure you know this, as you sometimes would see me telling people not to use that word, no matter the context. And comment those players over the mic, as how they should not use that word.
  18. Sep 22, 2010
    And that's why your banned.
    Locked now good day. [IMG]
  19. Jul 14, 2008
    If you can't abide to our rules then you shouldn't be playing here. Simple as that. Don't even bother making an unban protest lol.
  20. Apr 4, 2009
    I played in game for about 20 mins with you today and from what I saw you have 0 credibility in my eyes and will stay banned, the way you guys were acting Jedi probably won't be far behind you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.