Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Resolved Banned without warning

Discussion in Admin Abuse started by Richard Romine, Oct 6, 2014

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oct 6, 2014
    So instead of being warned about racism the admin just bans me for an hour. Can someone explain the reasoning to me? First off, my comment was not racist. It was a statement of what Jewish people remind me of. But even if it was, why not warn someone first? I believe that was part of the banning/kick process. Also, why was I not kicked first? Why are you people so extreme about stupid things?
  2. May 27, 2008
    I'm going to assume it's the most recent ban made by @Cokie Monster. It appears you were warned by him but you persisted, according to him.
  3. Sep 27, 2014
    Cokie Monster, Oct 6, 2014 Last edited by Cokie Monster, Oct 6, 2014
  4. Peter凸(¬‿¬)凸
    This message by Peter凸(¬‿¬)凸 has been removed from public view. Deleted by Peter, Oct 6, 2014, Reason: Useless post in an abuse thread.
    Oct 6, 2014
  5. Dec 1, 2013
    I know we're not meant to post for those who aren't part of it, but, Cokie, those screenshots don't really show anything racist. And I'm part Jewish. :razz:
  6. May 31, 2012
    I was not present for the incident; therefore, I will provide no opinion on the matter. The purpose of this post is to "brush up" the provided evidence since it is not so clear.

[IMG]
    [IMG]

Chat log is more clear:
    [IMG]

The provided evidence suggests an unofficial warning and a ban for the single incident, unless there was chatter over the microphone? The ban was made within the minute of the claimed discriminatory statement.
  7. Feb 25, 2014
    What for you is minor can be big for someone else, there is a reason we do not aloud racial slurs, because knowing internet, if someone start with a minor racial slur it always end up with big fights. So there is a strict regime for racial slurs etc, if someone ask you to stop then stop words do hurt you know.
  8. Jun 29, 2014
    i think That comment can fall under Racism , Discrimination , anyone who knows about that era knows what you mean by that comment and it is very wrong.
    means nothing.
  9. Dec 1, 2013
    You guys are mixing up poor taste with discrimination. I'm sorry if you guys consider this discrimination.
  10. Sep 27, 2014
    i agree with you. when he said that comment i knew what he meant by it
  11. Feb 25, 2014
    It's a thin line just watch out with it you be alright.
  12. Sep 27, 2014
    it really does cause he is talking about that era of what happen with them
  13. Oct 29, 2010
    What mumbo jumbo are you trying to preach

The gibberish the admin typed isn't even a coherent warning (what admin says "lol" in official warnings?), let alone an official one (since he neglected to use admin chat.) He screwed up huge there.

Also, OP's texts were not even racist. Labeling it "discriminatory" is even shaky, as OP did not make any direct statements about the Jewish populace. In my opinion, the texts were nothing more than an extremely tasteless comparison between two things. I'll leave that up to debate.
  14. Feb 25, 2014
    He was talking over the mic. and repeated it on chat.
  15. Oct 29, 2010
    Why didn't you include that info sooner? That's important testimony relating to this incident.
  16. Jun 29, 2014
    That is a direct joke towards the Jewish people , educate yourself , otherwise your posts dont add anything.
  17. Jul 8, 2012

Unless ANYONE of you were there, or are directly involved some how this thread is not the place to debate this. Unless you are LSA+ or were directly involved I suggest you all (myself included) to refer to the Admin Abuse posting rules and refrain from posting here unless you have something to add.

This is my only post here.
  18. Sep 27, 2014
    the statement was said over mic and then i said reminds you of who and that's when he repeated the statement over chat
  19. Oct 29, 2010
    Your comment, while maybe not strictly racist, was quite inappropriate in my opinion. I would have definitely warned you had I been witness to this.

Cokie, you definitely should have followed procedure here, you skipped the warning and kick, please make sure to follow these in the future.

It appears as though you're already unbanned, so hopefully this will be the end of it.

To the rest of you, please don't make us start giving out warnings for bickering in abuse threads again, this is getting old. If you weren't part of the incident, just stay out of the thread. It's nice that you want to help, but when you end up bickering between each other it just clogs the thread with nonsense, it takes us longer to get through it and resolve the issue.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.