Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Not Abuse Bapple Unjustly Muting and Silencing

Discussion in Admin Abuse started by IGK, Nov 4, 2017

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oct 21, 2017
    So me and another player were voicing our opinions on the rule of the N word in the form with an A at the end of it. I brought up that I was previously warned for using it when I was discussing to hzrd about an album that is named "Yhung ***** world". (i assume you know what the censored word is) and I even censored it when discussing in chat like so "n***a". When discussing this with another member of the server I was muted. and then when proceeding to say in chat "I cant voice an opinion" I then was silenced. Since when is discussing the matter of a rule against the rules???? And permits and admin to mute and silence you because he doesn't agree with your opinion? View attachment 11805 View attachment 11806
  2. Jun 17, 2014
    You were silenced for arguing with the admins final decisions over utilization of the word "nigga" over the microphone. Did you ACTUALLY expect me to allow you two to use the word?

Had you stopped your irrelevant arguing after the first time(s) you were silenced, You wouldn't have been silenced again.

I'm sorry for trying to prevent yourself from getting banned.

Do not interfere with admins doing their duties.
    (top)
    This includes arguing with admins regarding their decisions. If you disagree with a certain admin's actions, post about it on our forums and let us know. This is the best route you can take. Arguing in-game won't go anywhere but down.
    Warn -> Mute/Gag -> Temporary Ban (1 hour to 1 day)

Next time we'll just stick to the original procedures.
  3. Oct 21, 2017
    You think I was debating in hopes of being able to use the word? I was just voicing how using it in a non derogatory manner isn't racist. And also brought up what i said in my first post, that I used it in a context of naming an album and even censored it and you had an issue with that, and by bringing that up you muted me. Proceeding to silence me when saying "i cant voice an opinion". If anyone was arguing with you it was anti-weed. I was simply adding my insight to the topic.
  4. Nov 4, 2017
    I seriously agree, everyone was having a good time, nobody was offended. I got unjustly silenced for simply asking the reason why. I never intentionally break the rules, and if anything, I bring tons of players onto the server with me every time i play. I NEVER use that word in a derogatory manner, sometimes I may use it in a friendly manner, since I live in a predominately african american area, and am simply used to identifying my friends with the non offensive use of this word. I'm sure you can understand it is used in a friendly manner. I have been on this server for 7+ years, and this is the first time I have been banned for simply expressing my opinion. Keep in mind I didn't even use the word. Not to mention the majority of the server agreed with me so much, they sent me friend requests after I was silenced.
  5. Jun 17, 2014
    Don't say it means don't say it, Regardless of your "context".

You clearly acknowledged the first warning you received for saying it; meaning there was absolutely no reason for you to continue.

You're kinda beating a dead horse here.
  6. Mar 29, 2015
    IGK silence was justified. And anti weed is Extremely lucky he didnt cop a 1 month ban. You know the rules.
  7. Nov 4, 2017
    I bring more people to this server than anyone else. A silent server is not a fun server, and just because you don't understand the rules well enough to justify them doesn't justify a silence or a ban. Not like i was being racist in any way, you just took it that way, and silenced me unfairly, without any form of reason whatsoever. A silence is an easy way out for you to remove any form of critically thinking about the scenario fully. You pulled the trigger without fully thinking about the situation.
    ANTIWEEDCOP911, Nov 4, 2017 Last edited by ANTIWEEDCOP911, Nov 4, 2017
  8. Oct 21, 2017
    Well maybe the server should add to the rule list that you cant say "nigga" censored or not, and in any form of context. Because all it says is to not be racist and discriminate . And that is not being racist. But this isn't even what i made this thread about. It's about the fact that bringing that past situation up got me muted and silenced.
  9. Nov 4, 2017
    A completely valid argument. Saying "Hey that guy is my nigga!!!" is not a racist comment. If anything it is totally positive... Are you seriously saying that we shouldn't update the server rules according to the social norms of society? Because that is literally the ONLY scenario i ever use that word. It's ridiculous that I should be banned for using an "offensive" word in a positive context. Not taking the CONTEXT of the situation is EXTREMELY irresponsible for an admin... Be an adult, an realize this is how people talk in 2017. Especially when submerged in hip hop culture.
  10. Jun 17, 2014

racist123

Note - Attempting to bend around the racism/racial slur rules is also against the rules. (I.E - N**GA, KNEE GROWS, etc)
  11. ANTIWEEDCOP911
    This message by ANTIWEEDCOP911 has been removed from public view. Deleted by Bapple™, Nov 4, 2017, Reason: Irrelevant..
    Nov 4, 2017
  12. Oct 21, 2017
    "Attempting to bend around the racism/racial slur rules is also against the rules." A suggestion would to be to ADD THAT TO THE LIST OF RULES. What is the point of having a rule that isnt listed as a rule? Then you proceed to punish players for a rule that they couldn't possibly know because it isn't listed. Also where are these expanded rules. Because when I type "!help" on the server and go to rules I only see the part "This includes but is not limited to threats against Plague Fest or its servers, racism, sexism, hate speech, and/or any form of harmful speech used only to offend someone."
  13. Nov 4, 2017
    All you have to do is be an adult and admit you were power tripping and admit you were wrong.
    Post Merged, Nov 4, 2017
    Valid points are now deleted to remove their influence. LOL at you trying to compare "nigga" to trying to skate around the N word by saying "knee grows". grow up. its not 2008. Context matters, and you need to accept that. I understand @Brian likes free cash, but you guys have NO business moderating a server. If anything you are turning away 2 extremely active players who bring others to the server. We both know as technology progresses, the server will lose players, unless there is incentive to play. I am part of that incentive. If you really disagree, ban me permanently, and see what happens. I influence at least 20 active players to come, and i am not talking out of my ass. My friends list speaks for itself. Arrogant? Sure. Entertaining? Absolutely. I am the Dr Disrespect of Plaguefest. I help keep the server active, and juvenile rules do NOTHING but hurt the server. Like i said. 8+ years here. The numbers have declined. I can help keep it active.
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Mar 29, 2015
      Did you or did you not say N I G G A 3x on the mic? oh you did? please move on and stop trolling. Literally everyone in the server fucking self muted you. You where a total cock tonight and its not like you.
    • Nov 4, 2017
      Then why did you have to silence me if EVERYONE muted me? Does that make sense? Why did I get FIVE friend requests within a minute of you SILENCING me? Please explain. You are wrong and you know it. Everyone was having fun and the server DIED when you shut us down for NO reason. NOBODY IS ONLINE RIGHT NOW, and it is because of you and BAPPLE. 0/64. You shut it down. Just because you get offended doesn't mean you should destroy the server. Pathetic. @Brian Please look into this personally. I know you know who I am. I am a player that keeps this server ALIVE. I do nothing to keep players away. Quite the contrary. Like I said, 20+ players I ALWAYS invite who play this regularly. Tonight, a plaguefest snapchat group convinced me to join and, I am confident the two admins, Bapple, and Oxazebam are NOT part of this group since they are NEW, and don't receive messages from, conivinced me to play. @Brian, if you want this server to die, ban me permanently. I bring a ton of players to this server, everyone active knows me, and i'm sure you can agree. If need be, i will pay admin fees and be the assistant admin (10$ a month) and keep the server active, and keep the cash flow coming. I am 100% confident, if you provide me with this opportunity AND authority, I can keep this server alive and healthy. You have my word on this. Like I said, since 2010, I have been here. You give me full authority for 10$ a month, I will keep the cash coming. I understand the dynamic, I can do great things to this server, and restore it to its full glory. If you are willing, I will even moderate the CS GO version. My final point being, I have the connections to make ANY variation of this server successful. You want to migrate to CS GO? No problem, I can make it happen no problem. I know you recognize my charisma, and I know you have the final say. Trust me and make the right decision. I can help you make MORE money. This is a business I understand.@Brian
    • Oct 29, 2010
      We're pretty open to discussions about our rules and potential changes to them, we've discussed the aforementioned topic a great deal as a matter of fact, but the server really isn't the place to do it. As soon as an admin requested you to stop, you should have stopped and taken the discussion private or brought it to the forums were you so inclined.

I don't believe there was any abuse here.

You're welcome to search the forums for our previous discussions regarding this topic or feel free to make a new thread. You guys have plenty of valid points, but again, this particular thread is not the place to discuss them.
      • Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 1
      Thread Status:
      Not open for further replies.