Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Battlefield Hardline

Discussion in Gaming started by Badgriuel, Jun 10, 2014

1. Jul 20, 2010
    So Battlefield Hardline was showcased yesterday during EA's news conference and it looks fucking amazing. It takes the good thing about CS:S. Cops vs terrorists/robbers and leaves all the crappy shit out of it and gives you the best of Battlefield.

Its only 16vs16 but some of the modes look amazing.

I got into the Beta and going to have some fun, I'm already pretty sure that this is going to be a purchase for me.
  2. Sep 5, 2013
    This looks good. Can't wait for the 5 DLCs that add just shit and cost too much, hehe :smirk:
    I think I will not buy this, even if I like the cops vs criminals thing very much. Maybe in a couple of years when the price drops, but after Sim City 5 and Battlefied 4 I will never buy an EA game too quick again.

Cheers
  3. Apr 12, 2014
    In fairness EA pre-released Battlefield 4 6 months early for console launch (Huge mistake absolutely) but recently the game has gotten a lot better than it was even just 4 months ago when i first bought it.

On the other hand regarding Hardline, while being made by Visceral and they have their own idea on the how game will look and feel it still uses assets from EA and using the same servers as BF4 doesn't help either, All Visceral is doing is making the software running on EA's Hardware. There is also a lot of other problems that will occur with this game, so my vote is out and will be out for Hardline.
  4. Jun 11, 2012
    This game, cops and robbers, doing heist, brah.

Netcode fixed. New functionality. High Frequency Network Update for close to 1-1 with near-less lag on events. Even better game then release. Still shouldn't have released, but EA is finally taking ownership for their mistake and delivering on it without dropping out.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Oct 11, 2012
      8 months later after they received my money and I really gave up on the game working right long ago.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Jan 30, 2013
        Ill never get used to ADS(i hate it too).

At Least it has a playable framerate on 4k.
      • Jan 21, 2011
        BF4 pretty much killed any interest I had left in the Battlefield franchise. Plus origin still sucks.
      • Jul 20, 2010
        ^ mad. This plays more like Bad Company 2 from the time I've played yesterday in the beta. Battlefield 4 had a horrible launch yes, but it's gotten way better and I've had fun so far.
        • Like Like x 1
        • Nov 17, 2012
          Acting like it's a good thing they admit it's a mistake. Gamers shouldn't have to put up with this shit and should take a stand.

Also another Battlefield? One that looks like a BF4 -reskinned and sold for full price, and people are supporting this? Looks more like a shitty Mod.

Are people really this stupid or am I in another world ?

It's just like the "next-gen" consoles, I can't believe people actually defend them. They are the biggest money pit ever and people are defending 900p / 30fps, something my old GPU from 2008 could do except at 60. Then bullshit like "the human eye can't see past 30fps" bullshit.
          • Agree Agree x 3
          • Jul 20, 2010

I don't get whats up with people and feeling entitled to shit to be mother fucking perfect from day 1. Some of you people need to grow the fuck up and stop being such entitled little shits. Nothing will ever be perfect from day 1.

Yea they had a bad launch we all know and they have made amends and worked on the issues. I for one had little to no issues with BF4, and actually enjoyed it.

Battlefield is the franchise but the true "Battlefield" games are fairly easy to tell. This is one where DICE is helping a different developer with the game and using its Frostbite 3 engine.

I'm having fun with the beta so far and enjoy this new type of Battlefield, which is pretty much CS:S/CS:GO but way fucking better.

I think you and others are the ones that are really stupid :smile:.
          • Jun 11, 2012
            No one did, that's why it got fixed and people got the game they wanted. People are now playing a different game they was on release.

Best case scenario it could have been a expansion pack at 30$ but still, you don't have to buy it. Vote with your wallet, I voted with my wallet by getting it for 30$ :grin:.

Not you

via https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NOvclo32DQ

This is what happened last gen, and the one before that, and the one before that. Nobody knows how to use the damn thing and release God Of War on early PS3. Then they figure out how to use the damn thing and release The Last of Us. Cycle for a Console release.
            • Programming King Programming King x 1
            • Jan 21, 2011
              BC2 was boss. I may have to look into this, then.

BUT STILL FUCK YOU BADGIRL IM NOT MAD
            • Jul 20, 2010
              ^ FUCKING MAD.

Me and Aka had a blast tonight on the beta, driving the cop cars and the muscle cars around is fun as shit. Your car can easily get destroyed if you stray into tons of gunfire since their just normal cars with no armor on them. You can drift them around turns as well and take them off sweet jumps.
            • Oct 11, 2012
              Being a software engineer myself I know shit doesn't go as planned when it's released. Totally get it. Shit happens, there's no way to test for everything. However, when you are 6 months in and you have issues with 64 player servers lagging so bad it's unplayable and that lasts for months that is purely un-acceptable when you are selling a product that relies on your hardware and services.

They rushed BF4 to market - it wasn't ready and due to that every patch they released for months broke more than it fixed, because they continued to rush their code/fixes.

Now Hardline... I agree feels like a Mod to BF4. I certainly won't pre-order, and not sure I'd pay $60 for it. I;ll probably wait until it's in the $30 range if anything. I also want to point out... Battlefield got heists before GTA Online did.
              • Like Like x 1
              • Feb 3, 2012
                I'll be kicking your ass when it comes out. @Badgriuel :grin:
              • Nov 11, 2011
                Which is why script testers are so crucial but some companies don't really believe in them as much and release a beta product for the masses to test. This is just in general, not pointing to EA or anything (or am I? hue).
                • Agree Agree x 1
                • Dec 11, 2013

EASY
                • Oct 11, 2012
                  To parallel that thought on automated testing... exactly how EA failed to load test their servers... application scaling 101.
                  • Winner Winner x 1
                  • Nov 29, 2010
                    After playing the beta I found that it's not worth it.

It's not worth the $60 for what feels like an expansion pack. Seriously, sure new gimmicks here and there, ziplines blah blah, but really. Why would I spend $60 for this?