Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Be Advised, Battlefield 4

Discussion in Gaming started by Bender Rodriguez, Mar 20, 2013

1. Jun 11, 2012
    I've been sitting on this news hint and facebook links for quite some time in the last 2 weeks but never took upon myself to share (read: lazy). About 2 days ago DICE updated their facebook with a teaser vid of some odd quick shots and a reveal date, March 27, made with vine app (I don't know what it is, I'm not hip enough).

http://vine.co/v/bpeapQiWB3l

Today they released some dogtags for BF3 and updated the battlefield.com website to include even more teaser pics.

[IMG]

I am looking forward for the cinematic single player that BF3 delivered for which I found the experience really great. For what is worth, if that whole single player would have been a 5hrs movie it would have been extremely enjoyable.

Discuss
    • Artistic Artistic x 1
    • May 14, 2011
      I hope they improve the choppers in BF4. The viper/havoc balance is terrible. Also support choppers need unlocks. That's all I want.
    • Nov 29, 2010
      "Modern" Millitary Shooter, + Good Campaign. Good one.

I've pretty much have had enough with these games basically hand-holding me throughout the game, "Press X to not die", You can only go down this corridor, Sniper? Shoot them? are you crazy? Here, use this specific item to kill him so I can show off my pretty physics engine. Oh? Want to go flank them? Fuck you, here's a death timer.

I was turned off of BF3's campaign when it didn't let me have any breathing room to just do what I want and wanted me to do everything in a specific order. I miss the actual freedom I got from the older shooters, like halo, or the earlier installments of medal of honor. Pretty much the FPS genre is multiplayer, with tacked on uninspired single player.

I'm sorry, for me, if a game is fully priced and has a single player aspect, I expect the single player to be able to stand up for itself. And that's where 90% of MMS fall short for me. Spec OPs: The Line was a prime example of great storytelling, albeit a mockery of the genre.

And don't tell me that there's an actually original storyline for the shooter genre because there really isn't.

I'm pretty much stuck on an "On rails" experience rather than playing the game the way I want. "Hey see this gorgious skybox? Too bad, travel down these corridors because that's all you're going to be going down for the next 6-8 hours"

Don't get me wrong, there are moments where I go "Holy shit, that was awesome" but more often than not, I wind up having to hold someone's hand throughout the entire experience.
      • Agree Agree x 3
      • Jan 21, 2011
        The only way I'll buy this game is if they release it on steam. Fuck origin.
        • Agree Agree x 8
        • Jan 14, 2013

I would love ot play this on PC Tho
        • Nov 11, 2011
          I would have gotten news from people I know that own game stores and work at other outlets (early advertisements, instructions, etc). This will more than likely be another DLC that's being hyped up. But if its really the next installment one week from now... they did shit of a job hyping it up. Although, I wish it will have a longer co-op and more modes.
        • Jul 20, 2010
          It's a look at gameplay not an actual launch on march 27th learn to read lol. It will probably be released this year in October. @Clam Chowder the BF3 campaign was good in it's own right, keep in mind the Battlefield games have all been strictly multiplayer online until BF3 which had co-op and single player. DICE and EA felt like giving a little more to the players but it was probably because customers feel entitled to all these things. I would rather have DICE stay with just making games with multiplayer only on it because BF2 and BF1942 were a blast to play. Bad Company 2 was fun to play for sure but clearly BF3 is way more fun with the scale of gameplay.

Keep in mind when you buy a Battlefield game it has made it's name in giving you amazing multiplayer gameplay with little to no single-player aspect.

@Ghost I had no trouble flying either chopper sure the Viper was way faster but from a historical and technical standpoint this is correct. Russian attack choppers and scout choppers have always been known to be slow, big and can take gunfire like crazy. Where as American choppers are known for the speed, being small and able to bring fire to bear from a distance.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Nov 11, 2011
            -said no fucking executive at DICE and EA
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Funny Funny x 1
            • Jul 20, 2010
              I didn't buy the game for the single player part of the game so no skin off my back, and who cares if DICE and EA wants to make more money. So long as DICE and EA can give me a very good experience on the Battlefield games they can have my money. Was not disappointed with BF3, and we shall see with BF4.
            • Jul 30, 2012
              Are the graphics going to be better in BF4?
            • Jun 11, 2012
              Well to be frank the single player component has some awesomly good and some horrendously bad. I myself enjoyed the story and its progression and at no point did I feel I was getting bored nor losing interest. Every single piece came together by also incorporating the multiplayer components to it.

But here where it falls flat. The copious amount of Quicktime Event and constant hand holding, ala COD anything after MW, made the campaign a bit annoying at time. If they have implemented it in a way that a little bit of FPS freedom and non corridor shooting were present I would have enjoyed more.

Still if they have released the whole single player campaign as a 5hr movie, I would have freaking enjoyed it.

Also @sajak it's being hyped now due to PAX EAST.

Sent from my banana using a payphone
            • Jul 20, 2010
              @Bender Rodriguez yea the single player had some issues but overall I enjoyed it, I loved how so many parts of it where you were just like FUCK.
            • Apr 9, 2012
              Aha exactly the same for Mass Effect 3 and Crysis 3

Mass Effect was back in the time for me the best game there has ever been, it's been my entire 'childhood-game'. It was for years that way, until origin appeared, and I yet have not wanted to buy ME3 just because it's not on Steam. I do not want 2 game services running on my PC. I know there are many people who are thinking that it doesn't matter and that they especially don't give a fuck about it, but I do. I couldn't care if I need to log in throught Origin itself for running ME3, as long as it would be on the fucking Steam.
            • Jun 11, 2012
              You're both right and if Origin was really constricting Digital Distribution client I would also denounce it. But you can't say that holding a personal vendetta against a small application, which you can have it run only on the time you need to play a certain game and just close it when you're done, rob you from playing your desired game.
              When Origin came out I couldn't care less about it until they exclusively put all their first party games only on Origin. I never liked then and I still don't like it now. But I'm not gonna let some retarded Digital Distribution stop me from playing ME3 or BF3 (which is really the only 2 that are actually installed, Mirror Edge is there but the same serial code is also on my Steam account and yes you can use some steam serial code and have it redeemed in Origin so kinda like owning 2 copy of the game :grin: ) . Bioware recently did something with their SWTOR game which is you don't even need Origin since you're launching a client, so I just added that client to steam and poof never need to open Origin again.

@Badgriuel yeah single player was a superb experience but like I told you After Math is fun and I'm gonna try to find time to play End Game. Also this is the music I was talking about.

via http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXT2Y5o8-mw
            • Jan 11, 2012
              BF4 will use the same Frost Bite 2.0 engine BF3 uses, but 80% more efficient. So it will look better but the graphics are the same.

I can't wait for my exclusive VIP hour with it at this years gamescom, fuck your PAX :razz:
            • Jan 12, 2012
              • Zing! Zing! x 1
              • Dec 6, 2011
                Bigirpall released a sneak peak of gameplay for Battlefield 4 not too long ago:
              • Jul 23, 2012
                I had a lot of things against BF3 (IE: no commander, no voip, no modding). I still like playing the game, but there are some weapon balance issues that annoy me.
              • Jan 11, 2012
                Do the terrorists complain about america using unbalanced weapons? :razz: & there is a mod for better graphics. no voip is a huge +, no fking annoying kids spamming ^^ That's why mumble & TS & shit is there :grin: But yeah, the no commander thingy is a point
              • Dec 6, 2011
                [IMG]