Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Beacon Please!!

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Mod started by Xombie, Oct 14, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sep 30, 2011
    So we just hand these things out like candy basically?
    I just don't like hearing every single human beeping. Is there no rule against everyone having a beacon?
  2. Jul 14, 2010
    Beacon only humans who ask for it. No zombies and no one who doesn't want one. If a human with one dies, toggle it off if you notice.
  3. Sep 30, 2011

I understand that, but when every single person in the game has a beacon it's quite ridiculous.
  4. Aug 8, 2011
    when zombies can't find a person and they ask for a beacon thats a good idea
  5. Dec 7, 2010
    This FAQ should answer most of your questions: http://plaguefest.com/index.php?/topic/5281-faqs-frequently-asked-questions/

Remember the key word here is at the admin's discretion. Beacons are issued as a courtesy, not as a right.

Make sure all admins have this page bookmarked as part of their admin information index: http://plaguefest.com/index.php?/topic/5250-admin-guide-index/

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask.
  6. Sep 30, 2011
    No, what I'm trying to get at here is.

Why is there no actually reason for giving out a beacon?
    I understand if someone wants one because no zombies can find them, but when every single person in the game ask for a beacon, no matter how obvious their spot is... I mean really? Do we just beacon everyone?
  7. Dec 7, 2010
    Uh, no. If someone wants to legally hide, its their preoperative to do so without being revealed.
  8. Mar 13, 2010
    I generally do a few people a round just for fun. There isn't really a rule, but if it gets out of hand I'll usually say something about cutting back a bit.
  9. Nov 29, 2010
    If a player asks for a beacon, go ahead. if he's a zombie. No.

You aren't obligated to give them out, admins just do it for fun.
  10. Dec 7, 2010
    The server rule is: Do not beacon zombies and only beacon those individuals who request it (at the admin's discretion). Remember, admins have to keep track of every individual they enabled beacons in case they are turned into zombies so you can turn them off as it is the issuing admin's responsibility.
  11. Oct 29, 2010
    Um no.

I'd quit CSS if that ever happens.
  12. Mar 13, 2010
    If the person HIDING asks for a beacon. NOT if the zombie do on the hider. :razz:
  13. May 11, 2011
    i realy do not see a point to this if you don't want to beacon them don't there is no rule that says you have to beacon them
  14. Sep 30, 2011

Point being, I was in a server and 4 guys that were in the same spot all asked for a beacon. I don't see why all 4 guys in the same spot need a beacon?
    I guess I'm the only one annoyed by this, so we might as well just drop it.
  15. Aug 1, 2011
    Beacon is given at the admins discretion, so if a player asks to be beaconed, and someone else in that room is already beaconed, they can deny it. It's completely up to you if you choose grant the requester his/her beacon.

Also, if lets say 4 people are in a room, and 3 are beaconed, feel free to remove the beacon from two of them. There is no reason why multiple people in the same area have a beacon, it's just annoying at that point. If you weren't the one who placed the beacons on the people, just put your reasons in admin chat so that the other admins on the server are aware, should not have any problems.

As per previously stated, the only people who should get beacons are ones that request it. Beacon is also a good tool to get the attention of people in illegal spots when they ignore written warnings, they usually go "WTF" and start listening.
  16. Apr 6, 2011
    I always just beacon one of the people in a room if there is more than one I just tell them you have a beacon showing where you guys are and I unbeacon as soon as i see them turn sometimes it can get to be a bit too much i have beaconed 5 people in different places. But it isnt always like that so it shouldnt be a big deal considering a lot of the time only 1 or 2 ask for a beacon.
  17. Sep 18, 2011
    I just give out beacons for everyone that asks. (Upon request, and Humans only)

As long as I am in spec or not many people are on so I can keep track when one of them dies and I have to un-beacon.
  18. Dec 17, 2010

That is generally what i do all the time, you have every right to deny there beacon request due to the beacon rule and because there is already someone it that room with them that has one. I get things like "wtf why" i give all the players the same answer all the time. "Explain to me why i should give you one if your already in a spot that has a beacon." Its obviously that if they follow the beacon they will find that player also.
  19. Feb 21, 2007
    you realize, just because a player asks for a beacon, you do not have to give it out. If you find that toggling beacons on humans asking for it (or if the entire server is asking for it) is annoying or too distracting, then do not do it.
  20. Feb 20, 2011
    I tend to stop after 3 beacons.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.