Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Beautiful and Mysterious Saturn Storm.

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Xombie, Nov 22, 2011

1. Sep 30, 2011

Saturn is in turmoil. What first appeared on Dec. 5, 2010 as small spot on the surface of the gas giant has become a mammoth storm that has raged over a large portion of its northern hemisphere. By the end of January, it had completely encircled the planet.

The storm's 200-day active period also makes it the longest-lasting planet-encircling storm ever seen on Saturn. The previous record holder was an outburst sighted in 1903, which lingered for 150 days. The large disturbance imaged 21 years ago by NASA's Hubble Space Telescope and comparable in size to the current storm lasted for only 55 days.

[IMG]

NASA's Cassini Spacecraft has been following the 9,000 mile wide storm as it moves across Saturn's surface.

I just thought this was cool.
  2. Aug 18, 2006

I actually just got done reading this.
  3. Jan 21, 2011
  4. Sep 30, 2011
    Space, Science, and everything relating to the two interest me. I don't see how some people think these types of things are dumb.
    Anyway, here is the site where I found the story and pictures.

Click Here!
  5. Jul 28, 2011
    I am going to visit Saturn now. I hope the storm is still going on when I arrive.
  6. Sep 21, 2008
    Damn I hope that storm doesn't mess up my home on saturn.

Space is where it's at. All matter was created from the big bang imo and new understandings such as ray's post intrigue me.
  7. Oct 17, 2011
    i love science discoveries. I enjoyed reading this but i reallllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyy hate studying science.
  8. Jul 4, 2011
  9. Jan 11, 2011