Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Not Abuse Beggar is a little trigger-happy

Discussion in Admin Abuse started by Viruz32, Dec 3, 2015

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dec 3, 2015
    This evening a few buddies from the zombie mod server and I were having a pleasant conversation. Race became a topic of discussion, and I mentioned that I strangely can't think of any historical inventors that happened to be black. The conversation continued in a light-hearted fashion, simply with race being the topic of discussion. Beggar apparently thought that talking about race and race-related issues in itself was racism. You can see in the attached file where he mentions "hi this isn't for discussion" when I mentioned that all we're doing is talking about race. Nothing up until this point violated any of the rules, and so far the only person getting "offended" was beggar. I proceeded to explain to him that just because we are talking about race doesn't give him the right to gag and/or mute us, and that we weren't breaking any of the rules. It's at that point he muted me. I'm really not one to complain, but just because you *feel* something is against the rules doesn't give you the right to shut everyone up and demand them to follow "your" rules. If someone is being racist then by all means reprimand them, but that doesn't give you the right to shut people up whenever you want to. I glanced over the complaints and it turns out this isn't beggar's first time improperly punishing players for race-related issues. Beggar, next time I hope you listen to the conversation before getting an itchy trigger finger.

Attached Files:

2. Jan 5, 2014
    No, once it got to the point of "africa = people choosing to live in huts" I asked you guys to steer away from the race-related conversation. IDC if you guys are talking about george washington carver inventing peanut butter or whatever, but it got OD.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Dec 3, 2015
      There was no race implied when Africa was mentioned. More than one race lives in Africa you know? I mentioned how they are very poor and if we lived there we'd be in huts too. Again, just trigger happy here. If there was any real racism going on, then mute the racists. Instead you started muting and gagging anybody that even mentioned the word "race" or "white" or "black". You can't do that, beggar.
    • Apr 18, 2014
      • Dec 3, 2015
        Yes that is true. Although that chat is only displaying my chat history and nobody else's. It's pulled out of context and the "racist" comment was a comedic reference to another user's message in chat. But nevermind that. I got kicked (proper punishment for the crime) at the time and I accept it. This is how things should be done. At tonight's session though, things were different. No racism was being spread, and yet everyone was facing wrongful punishment by beggar.

P.S. Jeremy you aren't so clean yourself. The reason I don't like you stems from the time we played a week or two ago and you kept trying to convince everyone that white privilege meant blacks cannot be racist, only whites can. This infuriated me as well as most of the people on the server. A long heated discussion started and lasted a good 10-15 minutes that day.
        • Zing! Zing! x 1
        • Jan 5, 2014

You might not have been mentioning race, I believe that was mostly Jakob and Agent Orange trying to instigate shit. Regardless, the conversation as a whole took a turn for the worse and I felt it was time to nip it in the bud.

FWIW my abrasive attitude was mostly for Agent Orange. I wasn't trying to target you or single you out specifically, and I'm sorry if I made this feel like a personal attack.
          Beggar So, Dec 4, 2015 Last edited by Beggar So, Dec 4, 2015
        • Feb 27, 2012
          @Viruz32 i think Beggar So did the right thing here. While you may not have used any racial slurs, he requested the subject be dropped since it was turning in the wrong direction. You should have just listened rather than argue and/or beat around the rule. Once a conversation starts getting out of hand, it's just better to end it entirely. If everyone could have a legitimate conversation without making some kind of racist remark or implying something racist, you guys probably would have been fine to continue your converstaion. It doesn't seem like you were the main cause of the problem, however arguing and pushing the rule isn't the way to go about things when an admin asks you to stop.
          • Agree Agree x 4
          Thread Status:
          Not open for further replies.