Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Bello Civili -- Roman Civil War Legio IX Hispania Recruitment

Discussion in Gaming started by Benvolio, Sep 16, 2013

1. Mar 4, 2012
    Hey guys so there is a new Roman-era mod for Mount and Blade Warband: Napoleonic Wars and and a few friends and I are starting a legion in anticipation of its release later this week. For those of you that don't know the clan (regiment, legion, etc) player base and organization in Mount and Blade games is pretty strong. In Napoleonic Wars for example there are organized line battles of 100 v 100 complete with different infantry regiments, cavalry regiments and artillery units. It'll be the same concept with this mod where we'll have an organized base of legionnaires fighting in lines with supporting units attached.

Video from a similar mod for anyone that has their interest piqued.

The Bello Civili mod will be an improvement on previous iterations of Roman-era game play.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=285708.0

Mount and Blade: Warband itself is similar in gameplay to War of the Roses or Chivalry Medieval Warfare. I have played all three and I think the game play mechanics of M&B are far superior to either War of the Roses or Chivalry. The graphics however are nothing spectacular so those of you with lower end PCs will be able to play as well.

As for Legio IX Hispania you will have a good chance for advancement considering the legion is new and the game is just coming out.

A typical weekly schedule will be practice 2-3 times a week and 2-3 linebattles a week however this will depend on the population of the mod at start, which we are expecting to be large due to other Roman-era mods recently failing. Thus all of the previous legions from different mods are going to be mixing into this one.

If you are interested in joining add me as a friend on steam. You'll need to have Mount and Blade: Warband installed along with the Napoleonic Wars expansion in order to play (in addition to downloading teamspeak -- its free). It's all on steam for a reasonable price considering the length of the single-player campaign, the multiplayer component and the numerous mods you can download. If you need any help downloading the mod message me on steam.
    • Like Like x 1