Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Best frozen pizza?

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by dillinger, Sep 25, 2012

1. Feb 1, 2011
    So I wanna know what the absolute best frozen pizza is. I have tried a few kinds but I know there has got to be something better out there. I like supreme pizzas with all the toppings so I guess I'm looking for the best frozen supreme pizza.

I have tried:

Newman's Own supreme
    [IMG]
    So this was my favorite for a while until I got tired of it. The thin crust is pretty good and the toppings are alright too. However sometimes it was bit cardboard-y when there wasnt enough sauce/cheese.

Freschetta naturally rising crust supreme
    [IMG]
    This is pretty good - the sauce, cheese, and toppings are all good. The only thing is its super dough-y, almost too much so. It's not like cardboard, it's just like theres too much dough.

Freschetta brick oven supreme
    [IMG]
    This one is pretty good too, however the sausage is kinda weird and the pizza doesn't taste too good when it cools down a bit, which happens really fast since it's thin crust.

Since we're all a bunch of basement dwelling neckbeards I figured you guys might have some tips about frozen pizza, so bring it on.

EDIT: Since Sajak had to be a troll: I'm looking for FROZEN pizzas that you can buy at the GROCERY STORE. It's a simple request, really. I am a hungry college student so plz suggest real pizzas and don't troll my happy lil thread!
    dillinger, Sep 25, 2012 Last edited by dillinger, Sep 25, 2012
  2. Jul 20, 2010

Never tried their supreme pizza but I love their pepperoni pizza
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • sajak
      This message by sajak has been removed from public view. Deleted by dillinger, Sep 25, 2012, Reason: i want pizza not troll.
      Sep 25, 2012
    • Jul 16, 2012
      @dillinger This is what you want! It trumps everything else.
    • sajak
      This message by sajak has been removed from public view. Deleted by dillinger, Sep 25, 2012, Reason: get over it.
      Sep 25, 2012
    • Jul 16, 2012
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Jan 21, 2011
      • Dec 6, 2011
        I used to buy these at Costco for $5 a box all of the time. This pizza is better than the pizza where I worked.

[IMG]
        • Like Like x 2
        • Jan 27, 2011
        • Feb 1, 2011
          That looks fuckin' amazing. I'll see if they sell those at Kroger, thanks dude :grin:
        • Dec 6, 2011
          Hope this helps, http://www.bernatellos.com/stores

In my area, I can only find them at Costco and Sam's Club.
        • Jul 16, 2012
          That pizza makes me hungry. I have a Sam's club near me I believe. I'm going to go get one!
        • Dec 6, 2011
          Buy like 3 boxes (3 in a $15 box), you'll want more, trust me.
        • Jul 16, 2012
          Hah alright. Do you think the supreme is the best? Any others that you'd recommend, like pepperoni?
        • Apr 9, 2007
          • Informative Informative x 1
          • Dec 6, 2011
            I've had their Peperoni and their 5 cheese one, honestly, they're all good. I think they even have a barbecue chicken one, which is pretty badass.
          • Jan 10, 2009
            the California Pizza Kitchen is a pretty good one also.
          • Apr 9, 2007

Costco.
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Jul 16, 2012
              I will just have to end up getting them all.
              Post Merged, Sep 25, 2012
              Look at that! 45 ounces of deliciousness. I would personally get a package of pepperoni slices and throw it on top of that layer as well. Do you think you could finish that off in one sitting Kyle?
            • Nov 29, 2010
            • Mar 12, 2008
              Are you looking for Gourmet pizzas? (Like the ones posted here already)

Or are you looking for cheaper, but still satisfying pizzas?

Aside from the ones already mentioned, they're pretty good. Digiorno is good, but sometimes the crust gets super crispy, which i'm not fond of. Tony Roma is okay too, i guess.

I have a cheaper, favorite brand, Celeste. (If you can find it in your area) Their pizza is pretty good. Sometimes i'll put one on top of the other, top facing down, and make a "double pizza".

They carry "Suprema" which is their version of supreme. Bell peppers, Black olives, Onion, sausage, the works.

[IMG]

It's a thin crust style, which IMO tastes slightly better than thick crust, and no inch-thick bread to chew on if it gets too cold.
              • Like Like x 1
              • Agree Agree x 1