Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Best of Kickerstarter

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Brett, Apr 29, 2013

1. Dec 6, 2011
    I was going through Kickstarter and I thought it'd be cool to have a little spot to post some projects you find interesting on there. This probably will be slow moving, but it'll at least keep recommendations in a neatly organized place.

One of my favorites that I backed:
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/woodenshark/lightpack-ambient-backlight-for-your-displays

It received $250,000 and 3,500 backers in just four days!

This will definitely be an amazing addition to my PC setup :dance:

Here's an example of it (since I couldn't get the introduction video that's on Kickstarter):

Found the introduction video, but it doesn't have the Russian to English translation like on the Kickstarter link:

Anything good you find on Kickstarter, post it here!
    • Like Like x 2
      Brett, Apr 29, 2013 Last edited by Brett, Apr 29, 2013
    • Apr 28, 2013
      I think i saw this idea somewhere a while back... but anyways thats cool stuff! :wink:
    • Jun 11, 2012
      They simply carbon copied a actual product Panasonic made for gaming. Where the light will change or vary depending on what being displayed.

Mine is Star Citizen that I've backed for more than 100$. It has been backed for more thant 8M$

You may want to start at the 1:51 mark for super awesomeness

via http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlIWJlz6-Eg

Space Sim + FPS Look + Flyable + Commanding = Happy Me
      • Like Like x 2
        Benderius, Apr 29, 2013 Last edited by Bender Rodriguez, Apr 29, 2013
      • Jan 14, 2012
        I backed Pebble last year. It arrived last week, but its waiting for me at customs for €34, can't pick it up yet haha

Edit: Lightpack looks pretty awesome! I think I'm going to back it!!
      • Mar 12, 2008
        Light pack is ending soon which means people are starting to back out of the early bird rewards. If you have the full price pledge grab an auto-refresh plugin and wait a bit, took me about 30mins to get the $60 version.
        • Like Like x 1
        • May 12, 2007
          Bear in mind you need to oculus rift on top of the price of that. :/

This is only for people with a lot of spare cash.