Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Best of wishes to Ray

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Vadleon, Oct 2, 2011

1. Jan 12, 2011
    Just making a topic for everyone to leave their regards to one of dearest friends in pF: Ray.
    I'll start the ball rolling.

Over a year and a half ago, I honestly had no idea who you were. Even after playing for a few months, I thought Kyle ran the servers. But at some point I figured out how things were structured and found out that some random admin called RayW was actually one of the owners. :razz:
    After I got a mic, and especially after pF got Ventrilo, we really got to talk and I found you to be a really chill guy. I've really enjoyed our discussions on Star Trek and other shows, games, and general goofiness on the servers (remember !votecookie ?). We've had so many fun times on the servers: messing around on maps with a few other people in quiet hours, testing new maps, and just fooling around. I remember this one time we were testing a new map (some kind of dark school), and at some point all of us just decided to swap names. I think there were like 5 or 6 variants of RayW before we went on to another naming theme. Good times...
    I've always respected you, not only because you're just a nice guy, but for running the servers and doing so much for everyone. I really hope you do well in the army and I look forward to when you come back. Cya'round until then, friend. :thumbsup:

I'll make another post later when I can remember specific fun times or find funny screenshots, but for now have a video (for the music).

Now have at it, folks.
    (Bonus points for being Star Trek themed or having beautiful music.)

In case anyone missed it - thread for Ray's going away party is here.
  2. Feb 18, 2011
  3. Apr 2, 2011
    Lord knows that this whole week will be filled with these types of posts... Best just make the best of them, because well... Ray will appreciate these later...
  4. Jan 12, 2011
    That's the idea. :smile:
    At least this way they can be mostly collected here and the other couple threads so he doesn't have to do much searching.

Everyone leave messages!
  5. Mar 12, 2008
    I remember when i first met ray. back in the days of (new) old pF i was just a wee tater. I guess that's about the time everyone /hiatus then the new generation rolled in. played the server a really long time and one day decided to purchase admin, because i liked the community (was actually somewhat active, and they take care of their members) another story for another time.

at that point too i thought kyle ran the show because he was all up in this bitch like xmas at the north pole. Ray really didnt show face much those days but i always feared and respect him. still do.

Ray's my first and best boss as well.

I remember a good while testing out maps too, but those ones are now removed (Highschool,That one city map with that graveyard, MEGABOX, Minibox eh? eh?)

those were the days man. remember how you used to camp that streelight on highschool and you'd be damn near invincible? I do.

Edit: I believe you're also the one that dubbed me taters too. just remembered i used to go by "Mmm, Taters!" or some retarded shit like that. I thank you for that too.
  6. Apr 11, 2010
    Well I can't leave a big msg but I can say I remember very little of you Ray since I was gone for almost a year >< yet I do remember the fun times and hopefully all these sorry goodbyes will mark you to come back one day if you ever have the time. Best of wishes and now does this mean we can blame Kyle for everything.......
  7. Jan 12, 2011
    Bumping this since I'm sure the few of us aren't the only ones with things to say to Ray.

Also, I found the screenshots of the map I mentioned in the OP. It was on a map called "highschoolbeta", back in Feb of this year when I was still only a member, and we were just messing around with each other. In addition to naming after Ray, apparently we also had fun naming ourselves after Harvey, Haplo, and Nozgat. I really wish I could remember what we were talking about, since there are so many odd names in there... :tard: :tard:

Zip file with 103 screens here. (Mediafire download) (Yes, I spam screens whenever I'm on.)

Ray is leaving Monday, so leave him some good messages soon, Internet! Share funny conversations, server matches, and other good memories! Comment here rather than your status, since the thread is easier to find and will last longer! :thumbsup:

Edit: Also, party for him is TONIGHT 5:30pm PST. Join us in Mumble and have fun!
  8. Jun 23, 2010
    Best wishes to Ray! :grin: Hope you have a good time at BT :grin: Hope to see you when you get back.
  9. Oct 8, 2009
    i might not be able to make it, so best of luck to ray and hope to see you when you get back!
  10. Mar 12, 2008
    I can't make it. i had to cover a shift for one of my retarded co-workers.

Best of luck, ray
  11. Jan 12, 2011
    I think those go into the party thread, found here. Just saying. :sweat:

Post stories, screens, music, and more! :grin:
  12. May 26, 2011
    Good luck Ray.
  13. Jan 12, 2011
    Bumping since Ray is leaving tomorrow. :confused:
  14. Sep 30, 2011
    I don't know you very well Ray seeing as how I've only been here for about a week or so. I do however know a lot about where you're going. You opened your life to a whole new world my friend. You have a whole shitload of new experiences coming your way.

Can't wait to hear how much you liked the Gas Chamber when you get back. >:3
  15. Sep 22, 2010
    Good luck to you Ray, come back to us ALIVE.
  16. Oct 27, 2010
    Good luck and stay safe! :thumbsup:
  17. Dec 7, 2010
    I am personally going to miss Ray and for what he has done for Plaguefest.
  18. Jul 14, 2010
    I wish you the best luck Ray. You've done many great things for everyone here at plaguefest.
  19. Apr 6, 2011
    Good luck Ray take care of yourself in basic I am sure we will hear from ya after you get to AIT. Have a safe trip and make sure to drink lots of water while you work hard.
  20. Apr 2, 2011
    Best of luck Ray. Imma miss you. You are a true friend :thumbsup: HOOAH!!