Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Best pre-workout/post-workout supplements?

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Brett, Jan 8, 2012

1. Dec 6, 2011
    So, many of you may not know but I'm in the gym 4-5 days a week. I'm into working out (a major goal of mine is to complete the Iron Man Challenge in Hawaii). And no, I'm not one of those 110 lbs. "Rocky Wanna-be's". I'm talking serious shit. 195lbs at about roughly 250-255 on the bench (estimating because I'm only doing endurance training right now, but it's a good estimate). I had second thoughts about posting but I just "what the hell" 'd it in the end. So does anybody know of any great pre-workouts that contain little to no Creatine mono-hydrate? I've been using jack3d but I cannot stand the creatine mono. in it. NoXplode is on the list for me but I'd like to see other's thoughts.

Also, any great post-workout supplements someone might use? I usually go with whey protein, though I think I want to change it up.

P.S. This is probably a very odd topic, so just ignore it if you don't like it :tongue:
  2. Mar 12, 2008
    well I think that's dependent on diet correct?

Are you juicing (not steroids) or are you carbo-loading/lean meat and veggies/ etc.

From my experience you get enough energy from that alone.

Imo cardio and minor lifting get you pumped before the big workout, and get your blood flowing for when your ready to do your bench.

I don't do hard workout anymore :\
  3. Sep 18, 2011
    Personally dont support pre workout supplements for reason they give you an "unnatural' workout. Your adding stuff into your body to try to gain more then what it can handle it self. But if you do want to try some preworkouts just start with the good stuff, 1mr or jack3d only things I would use, and be sure to read the warnings, some 2 times a week only some every other day. Try this site if your planning to buy some of it online http://www.supplementwarehouse.com/Default.asp? as far as post workout I would go with Scivation Xtend and any standard whey protein to get you started. Good luck hope this helped.

People call this NoWorkout at the gym, because of all the time you spend in the restroom from the magnesium it has. You dont get that with jack3d but it is too strong for some to handle.
  4. Jul 19, 2011
    I am into body building too. Since I am under 20, I do not take any pre-workout supplements. If i feel a bit weak for too much CS, then i usually eat something natural with sugar like fruit. My post supplement is a Optimum Nutrition Whey Protein shake. It is relatively cheap and has been recommended to me by every one of my friends that train me. If you check out amazon, you can see it being rated extremely high (around 4.5 stars) and check out the insane amount of reviews it has compared to other brands.

Now if you are serious i would recommend a pre-workout supplement. Jack3d and Nitric Oxide are common ones. People will tell u different things but these 2 are the most common. If you do use these, it is recommended that you cycle off them once in a while. If you constantly take it, your body will get use to the effects and then the supplement will be useless. My friend does 1 week on jack3d and 1 week off. I have also heard of 3 weeks on and 1 week off. Just remember to cycle off. As soon as i hit a certain age I will be personally testing these 2 and seeing which one is better.

oops i only read the title lol...... o well not going to delete all that typing.
  5. Sep 21, 2008
    I would say L-Arganine is what you are looking for. Precursor to nitric oxide, this will help dilate blood vessels. I use it sometimes when I work out but the maximum benefit I have seen from this is about 5-8%. No I have not taken any other supplements. L-Arganine is the primary "working" ingredient in several popular supplements.
    Whey Protein post exercise is a must for me though.

If you really want to increase your performance, I would say rest well. I find that resting well really allows me to push myself to the limit.

Source: I'm a beast.
  6. Dec 6, 2011

Anyways, I am going to try to get some nitric oxide supplements. And I just want to change up from Jack3d. I have used it for almost two years now so my body is probably almost immune to it :laugh:

I'd like to post a link that's to a article about the benefits and positive results from nitric oxide, but I cannot seem to find it right now.

And I've heard good reviews about Myoplex. I have yet to try it, has anybody used it before?
  7. Jan 10, 2009
    gorilla sperm..and a happy ending in the tanning bed from the cardio bunnies.

on the realistic side of things.ever since they changed the formula for jack3d it hasn't been as good [personal opinion.]. i used to use mesomorph and it worked wonders is gets my seal of approval. but i honestly don't use a Pre-WO any more.

just remember this. the shinier the label the less it actually works/more money they spent on the label/more filler it has. as far as i have noticed and looked into the serving size to content breakdown that statement is true. but what the hell do i know i'm just an internet tough guy.
  8. Dec 6, 2011
    Does this contain any protein or carbs, perhaps?
  9. Jan 10, 2009
    yes tons of protein and other essentials. :yes:
  10. Dec 6, 2011
    I'm looking towards nitric oxide supplements, but I have no clue in what form or the brand to get them in. Do any of you use it?
  11. Jul 19, 2011
    Myoplex is just another big brand like Muscle milk. I would say just stick to whey protein.
  12. Dec 6, 2011
    Myoplex is expensive as fuck. And Muscle Milk is all talk. I have tried Myoplex a couple times actually now that I think of it, and it was pretty nice. Though, since I'm scrapping together cash to build a $2,800 computer right now, I think I need to hold off on the premium stuff <_<

I've been doing whey protein for a while, but the brand I use right now is almost impossible to not throw up (I'm not even joking....).
  13. Jan 10, 2009
    i would have to go with Optimum Nutrition for a good whey product. you can usually find it for a good price and it is quality stuff. or Myoplex if you have the cash.

if you are looking for a N.O. booster just to start you out with something that is not going to have you awake for days. look into N.O. Shotgun. it has a bit of Caffeine in it for a stimulant but nothing more than i want to say a cup of coffee or less. or if you want something that has a bit more potency look into Mesomorph. Mesomorph has a stronger stimulant in it but after using it off and on for about a year i never suffered from a stimulant crash. also there is Beta-Alanine in Mesomorph so you will get all tingly but its a good thing.:wink:

these are just two of the hundreds that are out there. if you are looking for something more specific then let us know and i'm sure we could find something.
  14. Dec 6, 2011
    Hm.. yes. I'm also trying to stay away from just pure mass. I hate the bloated feeling. And Mesomorph is in pill form or powder?
  15. Jan 10, 2009
  16. Dec 6, 2011
    I'm going to look it up. In your opinion what do you think are the best (and the best for you) N.O. supplements? Other than mesomorph and N.O. Shotgun?
  17. Jan 10, 2009
    well from what i have personally tried this is how i would rank them:

1. Mesomorph
    2. Jack3d [the revision of the formula when they switched the name from jacked to jack3d]
    3. 1.M.R.
    4. White Flood
    5. N.O. Shotgun
    6. Jack3d [the current stuff]
    7. everything else
    8. N.O. Explode [your pants]
    9. Anything Muscletech

i realize that this isn't what you asked. never really looked into the "good for you" part as i feel that a pre-workout falls more into the personal preference category.

also, another thing you can look into is D-Aspartic Acid (DAA) as a bulk powder. you can mix it into your current/future pre-workout mix, cap it or take it in water even. a buddy of mine made his own pre-workout using DAA, Beta-Alanine and a few other things. it is worth looking into as you control the potency of everything and dial it it just how you like it.

disclaimer: i am not a professional nor do i pretend to be one. taking my advice is at your own risk.
  18. Oct 29, 2010
    With Jack3d, be careful with your servings.
  19. Dec 6, 2011
    Yes, lol. Took 3 scoops one time for an insane 4 hour workout. I didn't sleep for 48 hours after that.

And I need to look into this Mesomorph shit. And don't worry, I won't blame you if my insides turn 'inside-out'.
  20. Jan 10, 2009

haha yeah jack3d is insanely potent. smells like pool cleaner so it must work right ;D. and yeah check it out. i gave a few servings to some of the guys at the gym i go to that use jack3d and said it was too much for them. not sure if that means much but it's an observation.