Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Best Prepaid Carrier?

Discussion in Media Devices started by Zenzr, Apr 3, 2015

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jul 8, 2012
    I'll be traveling out of native US Cellular coverage this summer for about a week or so, and I'm going to take my Nexus 6 with me on a prepaid carrier so I can get reception. I've been looking at Verizon, T-Mobile and ATT prepaid plans and found a few that are decent. Also Cricket and Straight Talk have a few decent ones too.

Does anyone have any experience with prepaid? I don't need any fancy plan, anything above 1GB data and hopefully unlimited text and talk would suffice.
  2. Dec 30, 2006
    G-mobile if you're traveling to urbanized settings and not rural places.
  3. Jul 8, 2012
    TMO has the best plan overall, 5GB data 100 mins and unlimited texting. But their coverage is spotty on the way there and back.

Allow me to demonstrate my paint skills.

Great coverage in the main cities on the way and the city I'm actually going to, but shitty coverage on the way there.

Thinking about maybe going ATT prepaid, like cricket or something as ATT seems to have great coverage in the area:

4. Jan 3, 2013
    I use ATT prepaid, it works great, and its cheap comparing to other carriers.
  5. Jul 8, 2012
    Being that I live in southwest Wisconsin is about the farthest from TMO native coverage that it gets. I wish I could go gsm prepaid for longer than just a week. At has decent coverage here I may play around with the coverage for a few days if I can find a cheap gsm phone.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
  6. Oct 13, 2011
  7. Jul 8, 2012
    I'm really split between TMO and ATT prepaid. ATT seems to have more solid coverage.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
  8. Dec 30, 2006
    If you're travelling on the interstate, then yeah get ATT. If you're flying from city to city, then you'll get by with Tmobile.
  9. Jul 8, 2012
    We're traveling interstate to and from. Which it seems like TMO is the worse option. The music freedom is still a huge selling point though. It's a cheaper overall price too. $30 or $50. There is a $35 ATT plan but it's only 2.5GB lol.
  10. Dec 30, 2006
    Well its up to you. Not sure how much the music freedom thing would be when you're stuck on Edge most of the way there, according to what you're saying.....
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Jul 8, 2012
      It would be nice when I get there so I could stream in the car when we drive from site to site. but then again for 5GB I think I could be just fine anyway lol.
    • Dec 30, 2006
      I blow through 5gb a day if I used my phone normally with no wifi.
    • Jul 8, 2012
      I don't lol. My USCC plan has 2gb/month. That's why I'm trying to find the best deal lol.
      Post Merged, Apr 3, 2015
      Cricket has a promo for 20GB for 60/month. Damn I wish that was going on through the summer.
    • Dec 30, 2006
      Well, good luck. lol
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Jun 11, 2012
        Rent a car with Sirius or XM, theres you money saving, and click saving method.
      • mikie007
        This message by mikie007 has been removed from public view. Deleted by Brian, Nov 1, 2016, Reason: necro.
        Nov 1, 2016
      • sourcream
        This message by sourcream has been removed from public view. Deleted by Aprz, Nov 1, 2016, Reason: Old thread. I am deleting what's new and locking it..
        Nov 1, 2016
      Thread Status:
      Not open for further replies.