Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

beter server so it dnt crash

Discussion in Website Feedback & Bugs started by =pf=kingspade, Apr 18, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nov 10, 2010
    plz foix the server it keeps crashing it makes me sad
  2. Aug 2, 2010
    Can someone translate this from douchetard to English for me please?
  3. Dec 30, 2006

I am here to report my absolute depression regarding the downtime of some of our servers. A good suggestion is that our server technicians take a look into the extensive configuration of SRCDs and perhaps find the culprit that is causing our numerous servers to come crashing down. This is making me extremely sad and depressed as it would require me to reconnect.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely yours,
    Whatever his name was.
  4. Apr 9, 2007

Please resolve your shit. We come up with these bizarre workarounds just to get SRCDS to function semi properly, it's insane. If you require assistance, either make your server software open source. Or allow for community members around the world to sign an NDA and allow us to fix shit ourselves for everyone to use freely.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely yours,
    Kyle.
  5. Jun 4, 2006
    You gave us absolutely no information we can work with, thus rendering this entire topic rather useless and pointless.

Server that crashed?
    Time the crash occurred?
    Map the crash occurred on?
    Any notable in-game oddities before the crash occurred?

Sometimes the servers crash, and when they do it's often out of our control or not our fault directly. It's not because the server isn't good enough, but if we had the ability to upgrade we would! Unfortunately (also fortunately!) we're on the fastest CPUs LimestoneNetworks provides, and until they get in new hardware or accept custom orders, no upgrades. However, it's not needed yet so we're still in the clear for a while. Perhaps by the time we are looking at a box upgrade Limestone will have some new hardware available. Until then, maintenance efforts with the box are mostly geared toward reducing lag, crashes, slow map changes (haven't seen these in a while, that's good!), etc. If you wish to help us in this effort, then take a little more time and effort with your posts and provide some info we can actually use, even if it ends up being useless or the crash is due to something we can't fix, at least it was looked at.
  6. Aug 18, 2006

We really appreciate your efforts in trying to improve CS:S, and it many ways, it has made some great strides in your previous updates. However, the state of SourceDS is continuing to degrade with every update. Most notably, server performance and stability. I can speak on behalf of the CS:S gaming community that we ask you to please consider concentrating more on these areas. It would help improve the gaming experience for everyone by optimizing SourceDS to be more CPU friendly. It would also be much better on various gaming communities, so that they don't need to spend thousands of dollars on new server hardware constantly to try and keep up with SourceDS's deteriorating performance.

Sincerely,
    Ray W.

This post is not even remotely helpful. If you give us a time, and which server these complications are occurring in, we can investigate.

And seriously, don't suggest a "better server", because right now we are spending hundreds of dollars per month on the fastest server we can get, which are running two CPU's which cost well over $1000/piece.
  7. Nov 29, 2010
    Kingspade, why did you buy admin and you can barely speak english? If you remotely understood what these guys are doing, I recommended you shut up.
  8. Jul 14, 2010
  9. Jun 4, 2006
    Why because he mentions being good at English yet isn't very?

"Kingspade, why did you buy admin and you can barely speak english? If you remotely understood what these guys are doing, I recommended you shut up."

"Kingspade, why did you buy admin when you can barely speak English? If you don't remotely understand what these guys are doing, I recommend you shut up."

Would be my guess at what he was trying to say. :confused:
  10. Aug 2, 2010

SP, good work translating. So that's what the dude was trying to say eh?
  11. Feb 21, 2007
    If you need advice on killing yourself, I can tell you many stories I have seen of fail attempts. Till then, either make useful posts or dont post :locked:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.