Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Beware of incoming messages

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Josh, Mar 1, 2009

1. Mar 16, 2008
    There is currently a hacker working on stealing Steam accounts, Castrate(Sarah) has already been hacked
    They are stealing a account, then using that account to message their friends
    I've received this messaged three times today, this last one is from Sarah

The url is blocked out for your sake. if you get a message like this from anyone. DO NOT CLICK IT
    Everyone who currently has "[Insert Dirty Name Here]" as their friend should remove it and block it asap. Thank you.

Weeman has also been taken, please remove him if you have him on your list
  2. May 24, 2008
    I also suggest you get firefox. It tells you fake websites from real ones.
  3. May 27, 2008
    This is just a warning. A message is floating around the people in the Carbon Servers group and is taking a Steam account one by one.

As of now, users here on Plague Fest. (Not including myself) have lost their account.
    The cause: A message on steam, asking you to check out a montage.
    Basically your typical "You're not logged in, please enter your private info that Steam will never ask you for" Bullshit.
    This is all you pretty much gotta do, since Steam is terrible at retrieving your account info and recovering your what is now your precious, lost account.
    Block the sender of the message, and make sure you Do NOT click the link
    Instead, warn all your friends so that they are in the know.
    Let no one not know about what's going on.
    I know I haven't had a message like this before, but others may have.
    And I'll be damned if I let any of this happen to any of you guys.
    I care, which is why I make this announcement.
    Hopefully, most of you have done the right thing and denied the link, and blocked the user sending it.
    Just a heads up. Good luck!
  4. Jan 10, 2009
    so do i delete sarah from my friends?.
    oh okay nvm. i read that wrong.
  5. Jan 7, 2009
    Danke for the heads-up.
  6. May 27, 2008
    If you guys want to, Weeman and Sarah (Castrate) would greatly appreciate it if you could donate some money to their recent lost account.

Sarah's PayPal is:

Weeman's PayPal:
  7. Sep 22, 2008
    Thank you!
    Yes, delete me from your friends and you guys can just add my new account via e-mail: nosuchthing@live.com
    For some reason it won't let anyone add me if you type in the account name so just stick to ze e-mail.

Homer and semifail got their accounts hacked today as well so anyone who are friends with these two should consider removing them from friends.

Keep everyone aware! :smile:
  8. Apr 9, 2007
  9. Sep 22, 2008
    Already did :/
  10. Jan 27, 2009
    So people are really getting started on Phising Steam accounts :/

Well its not that hard to do with, I mean everybody could get fooled into it.

For your own sake you should always retype every URL, do not click on any links.
  11. Aug 27, 2008
    Whoever did it is one bold motherfucker...

When they sent me one from Castrate I said wow you too? He said lol

then when semifail sent me that I said

"goddamn it, you worthless piece of human flesh are you proud?"

They responded with a few of Semifails friends that asked the same thing and he said

"were stealing you fucks accounts one by one and your next"
  12. Nov 24, 2007
    And that's why I do not click any links unless i'm on skype with that person that sent it to me so I know it's them.
  13. Sep 22, 2008
    That's the funny part.
    Usually if anyone sends me a link, I'll google it first (b/c I'm too used to Punisher trying to Rick Roll me).
    But this time I was like fack I'll do this right quick and go to bed.
    Big 'ol mistake right thurr.
  14. Jul 16, 2008
    i clicked the link :shock: but my comp is shit Thank god this one time i always have to open firefox i have to copy and pate >.<
  15. Sep 22, 2008
    my dad would never let me DL firefox on the computer.
    IDK why... he's weird.
  16. Oct 27, 2007
    Cause ur asian, but thats besides the point

Firefox is safer then internet explorer...

Thats why i use firefox
  17. Jan 10, 2009
    my aunt doesnt believe me when i say that. she wouldnt let me put it on the desktop in the computer room that everyone uses but me. :grin: but thats also why she has viruses out the ass with her virus/spyware/adware blocking programs that she payed 100's of dollars for and i use all free programs. and have never had even the slightest issue
  18. Feb 21, 2007
    how does it hack ur account? only way i know is to download software (virus) or to input ur stuff in fake website? either way steam never asks for ur ID or w/e
  19. Nov 18, 2008
    god this happend to me i told steam but damn it makes me mad
  20. Mar 16, 2008
    those are the only ways. *now*
    there was a old one of if they knew your login name that they could reset the email of the account to any email. that was patched years ago though