Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Bhop acceptable or not with anti-bhop script?

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by Arden, Dec 31, 2013

1. May 6, 2012
    A human bhopped in a slope to gain a big distance advantage on pirate royale to pickup special item, the anti-bhop script didn't seem to be effective against it. I've asked an admin in admin private chat to keep and eye and/or warn/kick/ban and got a reply saying: <no>.

He's reason, there an anti-bhop script, thus what ever happen is acceptable.
    Thus the question, are people allowed to bhop in slope?
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Feb 27, 2012
      Bunnyhopping is not allowed at all on zombie escape. You can still loophole the anit-bhop script, and admins should take action if someone is Bhopping to gain an advantage. So to answer your question, the admin should have given a warning if they saw him bunnyhopping like you described.
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • Oct 18, 2012
      • Dec 1, 2013
        Yep. The admin was wrong and I'm disappointed to hear that no action was taken.
      • May 31, 2012
        Hopefully this admin checks the forum. I think no names need to be given if this were an honest mistake; it would be a different story if this person was making an exception for a friend or something like that.

Learning experience.
        "People taking care of people... Together we can do anything." @.
        • Like Like x 1
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Dec 8, 2013
          SMAC only detects bhopping scripts if it's like.... 80 consecutive bhops or something. if he/she didn't see it, what are they to do? but if someone complained a warning should definitely of been given. but enough of the peanut gallery comments. we should wait to hear the other side of this story before we all start building a crucifix..
        • Apr 28, 2013
          Once again, this is one of the reasons why I hate bhopping on ze. Cts bhopping to get special items not to mention 50% of these ppl are more likely to grief them. But an admin replying no, he probably likes bhopping on ze when THIS SERVER DOESN'T ALLOW BHOP.
        • May 6, 2012
          Thank for the answer, now it just a matter of getting admin to enforce on a few map at a few specific spot...
          As for the admin, I didn't drop any name as I don't have any screenshot nor demo and it happened a week ago.
          I took what he said for granted, and it somewhat made sense, if there an antibhop script, they didn't to check against it as much.

Anyway, thank
          • Friendly Friendly x 1
          • Aug 1, 2011
            If you ever see an admin with a blatantly disregard for enforcing rules and policies of pF, Feel free to make a demo of it and post it on the forums. I'm not exactly out on a witch hunt, but the way I see it is how can we as admins expect players to follow the rules when admins don't enforce them, or violate them themselves.
            • Like Like x 1
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Nov 17, 2012
              I feel as though the Anti-Bhop does it's job and that "bhopping" in general should be allowed. You cannot go that fast at all really, barely faster than normal humans as a good bhopper. It's fun to hop around sometimes, or complete the whole map just bhopping.
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Dec 8, 2013
                nope nope nope.
              • May 31, 2012
                I would have to disagree, also, as most of us know that bhopping isn't difficult to do even with the plugin; the plugin helps prevent that momentum gain but it isn't 100%... I have also seen you bhop very well too lol.
              • Dec 27, 2012
                It would defeat the purpose of ZE. The maps are meant to be beaten by teamwork and have each player contribute something for the team in order to win.
                • Agree Agree x 1
                • Nov 17, 2012
                  Oh god... You've stooped that low and start blaming bhopping for losing maps.. :3
                  • Funny Funny x 1
                  • Mar 30, 2013

Your anti-bhop plugin don't block bhop. Let me explain.

Bhop on Flat Surface

I often bhop as human on flat areas. If i do it good, i'm able to reach a high velocity, and be really faster than any others players. Without being blocked by the plugin.

--> The plugin don't block the bhop on flat surface even at high velocity (i wasn't able to reach 500 of velocity with normal jump anyway it's still high and can give an unfair advantage only good bhoppers can do it :wink:).

Bhop on Ramps

Most of the people on the server "do it". In this case the plugin will block/not block the players:

It depend of the velocity they get, when they fall down:
                    • A velocity of 400 or more, will get blocked, and the player will lose all his speed
                    • A velocity less than 400, won't get blocked BUT after if the player want to jump again to keep high velocity (so bunny hopping), he will get blocked and lose all his speed

Bhop is also blocked when you get very very high velocity like after a push (before Bosses, or like Stage 4/5 in Pirates Port Royale)
                    --> The plugin can block the bhop on ramp. It depend of the velocity.

--------------

Something I want to know is what can we call Bhop ? Once i did 2 jump ? Once i did 3 jump or more ?
                    • Agree Agree x 1
                    • May 27, 2012
                      Simply because these threads are constantly posted, and its always back-and-forth between people who say bhop should be fine, and people who say it should be banned, I am going to post this real quick video I made.

Please excuse the lag (I demo'ed on 400+ ping). Keep an eye on the speed meter, you will notice that whenever it goes above 400, it will drop down (jumping above 400 velocity lowers your velocity to 400). Surely a system like this could be implemented instead? It is possible, so I don't see why not.

Not perfect, but you get the idea.
                      • Agree Agree x 1
                      • Apr 9, 2012
                        Probably this was another admin that has a different POV on the BHOP things and just thinks it's acceptable. It's not. This was to gain an unfair advantage and a warning should have been given. If he replied no, then he has no idea how to execute his admin duties.

Speaking of admin, my admin expired, @Seeker what happened xD?
                      • Feb 12, 2012
                        Does it mean that a bhopping person will keep his/her velocity at 400 (which is still higher than a normal velocity)? What's the point then? Bhopper will still jump ahead of everyone, getting all items and triggering triggers early.

How can one say that if there's something that is supposed to prevent you from breaking a rule, then you are allowed to do that? Almost every country has a law against killing/murdering. They also have the police to prevent these murders. If they have this police, does it mean that you're now allowed to kill people if you can? Or another example. If a server has VAC enabled, does it mean that I can use hacks on this server? So, if I stay uncaught, I can use hacks as much as I wish? NOPE.
                        The reason anti-bhop was added is that one simple rule is not enough because there are still people who don't know about it or just break it without giving a damn. And adding a plugin doesn't replace the rule, just because it doesn't work fine all the time.
                      • May 6, 2012
                        Is bhopping allowed on low gravity as a mod on some map?

There spot that with bhop you can trigger early, but if you are alone, can't kill the guy in time, he blow up and pretty much get your entire team running that way to die.

[IMG]
                      • Mar 30, 2013
                        In Paranoid and Mountain Escape. I don't think Bhop with Low Grav is a problem. These maps are made to be fun/stupid

Do the screenshot is about tchat where Kloud say he bhop (you can see he use the ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), so he may joke ) OR a spot you speak about above ?
                        • Agree Agree x 3