Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

bhop on ze_parkerspit?

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by Mr2, Apr 13, 2013

1. Apr 11, 2013
    On this map there are achievements, one of which is called Mr. Bhop and it involes getting through a certain area of the map in under 6 seconds -- Would it be okay to bhop in this area? there's _no_ distinct adavantage and it's kind of part of the map.
    I got froze for attempting it, which is understandable the admin was just upholding the rules, howevever I tried to ask him if it would be okay there and he ignored me so I figured I'd see what the other admins/players thinks via forums.

Thanks!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dec 6, 2011
      We were unaware of the achievement for the map, so this would the only spot to bunny-hop for a map specific achievement. Other than this, bunny-hopping outside of the mine would result in regular rule enforcement. Thanks for bringing this up respectfully, and I appreciate the time you took to ask.

I don't see how we could go against this since it represents a map specific achievement, but I'll let others make their judgement.

This is the map-specific achievements required for obtaining items/beating certain parts of the map for reference. Achievement number 7 requires you to bunny-hop to get to the end of the small tunnel in 6 seconds or less.

Capture2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Feb 1, 2011
        1) If it provides no advantage, then admins shouldn't be enforcing against it anyways. It's always been my understanding of the rule that bhopping should ONLY be enforced if it provides an unfair advantage as opposed to walking.

2) If the map explicitly states it, I think it would be silly to go directly against the expressed wishes of the mapper.
        • Agree Agree x 3
        • Jul 8, 2012
        • Dec 6, 2011
          It does allow you to gain an advantage, but only because it's a map-specific achievement.
        • Feb 1, 2011
          Oh, I was taking OP's word for it when he said "no distinct advantage". Never played it so no idea :question:

EDIT: Oh do you mean it actually adds points and shit to buy stuff or whatever if you do the achievements? That's badass if so
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Feb 11, 2012
            I think you just get points for doing the achievements.
          • Dec 6, 2011
            Which unlocks items to use that are critical to beating the map, such as materia on Mako, items on Predator.
          • Feb 12, 2012
            1) these items are not critical to beat the map. Like 2 or 3 weeks ago we have beaten all levels of this map without any items at all. Items become critical when the team is critically stupid, because the map itself is not so hard. And team's stupidness is not a map or server related problem.
            2) afaik, only few of the achievements unlock items. If some achievement unlocks some item, usually it's noted in the description (like "Set 3 zombies on fire using gas cans (unlocks flamethrower)"). I can't see any note like this in Mr.Bhop description.
            • Funny Funny x 1
            • Mar 2, 2013
              The bhop one unlocks nothing and is just points for the person who does it. The Achievements that dont unlock anything are just intended for a bit of fun.
              • Like Like x 1
              • Dec 6, 2011
                As I mentioned this with you before, not everybody is godlike on ZE, you can't expect players to be as good as you.

Also, I was told in-game that these were for achievements, but I guess only some of them are. Thanks for clearing this up @jb_gamble
              • Feb 12, 2012
                Lol, I didn't solo it. It wasn't just me. It was just a good team. And we don't need everyone to be godlike. We just need few good guys to command others. Oh yea, and we need to extend the map (which happens pretty rarely).
                P.S. I mentioned that victory just for the fact that it's possible to beat this map without items.
                P.S.S. I don't know why, but my English is extremely bad last days :frown: