Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

bhop scripting

Discussion in CS:S Custom Maps started by Bravo One, Mar 26, 2011

1. Feb 8, 2011
    I don't know if Bhop-scripting is a banable offense it is a way to have an advantage but it is not that harmful. Just need to know from one of the higher ups for the final point on the matter.
  2. Feb 1, 2010
    I guess its allowed :turned:
  3. Jun 4, 2006
    It's not an active rule because it isn't necessarily easy to enforce. They can always just say "Oh I bound jump to my mousewheel, it's not a script". By making it a rule, we'll end up getting a bunch of bans from admins who think the player is using a bhop script and though some might actually be using one, we'll have bans for players that just bind jump to mousewheel, or can actually bhop. Admin abuse threads will stem from this I'm sure. Best course of action is to simply keep an eye on that player, usually the bhop scripters ALSO have other goodies up their sleeves and it becomes apparent soon enough (hacks).
  4. Feb 12, 2011
    If you spectate a Bhop scripter for 2-3 rounds, it'll become obvious.
    Bhop scripters NEVER make a late jump(Aka slow down) OR strafe. (Theres about none bhop scripts that strafe for you.)
    I'm very known with it and I can easily pick out bhop scripters.
  5. Jun 4, 2006
    Some are definitely more obvious than others, but it doesn't change the fact that some inexperienced admins will probably ban legit players. And bhop scripters DO make a late jump to SEEM legit and they also strafe, since strafing is well... easy and it's the other required ingredient to bhop (and scripters know this), of course there are a select few that ignore any attempts at looking legit and just do insane bhop shit...
  6. Feb 12, 2011
    Strafing is basically the hardest part of the bhopping, that's why people who script and strafe themselves are really just legit with a hyperscroller, they generate speed themselves, however they just lose less to none.
    Obvious scripts -> People not strafing a bit and constantly jumping without losing speed or possibly even gaining speed, those SHOULD be bannable.
  7. Jun 4, 2006
    I disagree with you entirely. The timing is the hardest, strafing is piss easy. Also I've bhopped and gained speed without strafing... it's entirely possible but it doesn't last long (it's not very effective, but it does work) - you still gotta utilize a and d but you don't do full on strafes (more like really really tiny ones) so to those spectating it doesn't appear as if you're strafing at all.

Also people who do not strafe at all and are still constantly jumping - this again could be mousewheel, and they COULD gain speed especially if they aren't on a level ground.
  8. Sep 25, 2010
    how about we make demo, post it on forums, and the people who bhop and have seen bhop scripts can add their input?
  9. Jun 4, 2006
    We have a hard enough time making admins take demos for HACKERS... :confused:
  10. Jan 22, 2011
    You know, not long ago I asked an admin if BHOP is not allowed in this servers. I think it was ColdBeer..
  11. Aug 2, 2010
  12. Feb 20, 2011
    I thought bhopping was against the rules, period?

Its not fair on the other Humans, Ive seen bhoppers shoot ahead in the map, and activate all the triggers before the other humans have a chance of making it, usually getting them trapped then eaten.
  13. Feb 17, 2011
    bhop scripting is an unfair advantage.. its a script not a skill! like aimbot is a program not a skill..
    it should be bannable
  14. Jul 14, 2010
    There have never been any rules on bhopping. The only server that bhopping maybe should be against the rules is in zombie escape because of the 33 tic server making it near impossible to bhop well and the fact that you can go ahead of all of the humans and pretty much fuck everyone over. On any other server bhopping should be fine.
  15. Jun 4, 2006
    MG is the ONLY server where bhopping (to gain speed) is permitted (this is due to bhop challenges on maps). All other servers have sv_enablebunnyhopping disabled so they can still bhop, but they won't gain any speed (at least they shouldn't). Also all servers run at 66 tic if I'm not mistaken, but 100tic isn't required for bhopping to work.
  16. Sep 25, 2010
    ZE is 33 tick, all other servers are 66 tick. And the admin skins make it easy to gain speed on ze even if bunnyopping is disabled.
  17. Mar 4, 2011
    Its like impossible to bhop on ze, as an admin/donator you can do like 3-6 hops? maybe 7 or 8 then u loose speed. Scripters are obvious on ze (with tick rate of 33 and air acc of 5 or 10).
  18. Jun 4, 2006
    in that case even better, and the admins shouldn't be scripting anyway... :confused:
  19. Mar 4, 2011
    They aren't :turned: , but they can do a few more hops than regular (default skin) players.
  20. Jun 4, 2006
    Consider a 'few more hops' as another admin/donator advantage. Worth every penny now. :thumbsup: