Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Bhop Server?

Discussion in Future Servers started by Tony The Tiger, Jan 7, 2016

1. Feb 27, 2012
    What does everyone think about a bhop server on either GO or Source? As well, what ideas or suggestions would you have if a server was made? Could be plugins, features, or settings. I mean the servers are pretty straight forward and not entirely complicated.

It will have a timer to track players records and all that. It also will have the appropriate air acceleration settings and tickrate (if it's still possible for Source) I would prefer doing this on CS:GO though, but CS:S is always an option.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Oct 18, 2012
      csgo, its not bad if you have the right plugins
    • Apr 18, 2014
      Jeremy, Jan 7, 2016 Last edited by Jeremy, Feb 18, 2016
    • Feb 8, 2013
      Good luck is what I think.
    • Apr 18, 2014
    • Feb 25, 2014
      Instead of making a new server start improving the ones you have. quality before quantity
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Feb 8, 2013
        I've been done with hopping. Done with CS already. Have less than 30 hours on steam.

If you want my honest opinion, I'll give you it, but don't bitch at me because it won't be nice.

If your sole purpose is to think of a new server to revive this community, bhop isn't a viable option. Bhop is different. Players go wherever the pros go. When the pros wreck every single record on a server, they'll hop to another one. That's how it works. It only happens that many people are friends with Alex who owns Kawaii clan and is the biggest Bhop server after Chaotic Warfare and Titan, which both died, so you get the gist. Also, people do mind what timer you're going to use. Either you grab one from Cam or get the almighty timer from Blacky for $100, if he even sell it anymore. I have his timer, but I'm probably not willing to give it away for inside reasons. Don't plan on having a populated server because most hoppers go into locked/whitelist only servers, reason being, they want to grind a map. If PlagueFest is going to have a bhop server, don't expect it to fill, but you may have your hope it will one day. CSS is almost at its death, not completely, but more than ever. If you truly want to give a boost to this community, then try CS GO.
        • Winner Winner x 1
          Orange, Jan 7, 2016 Last edited by Orange, Jan 7, 2016
        • Aug 7, 2012
          Sure, it'd give me a reason to actually learn how to do it :3
        • Feb 8, 2013
          Ahh, I forgot. You're also going to need to stop being uptight with your rules, especially racism, because you have to let that go completely. Those people love to swear, say the n word ten times in a row, and are ridiculously loud on the mic. If you surpress them, they'll flip a finger and back to kawaii. So, let's assume you're just including a server that's going to be dead 90 percent of the time and is only played by plaguefesters.
        • Apr 18, 2014
        • Jul 7, 2014
          i don't know what happened to the ze server but is it possible to bring that back instead hahaha i miss escape (and i refuse to play on gfl)

anyway, if you were to start a bhop server i think it'll be dead most of the time because other bhop servers are already dead most of the time and i don't see how ours will be different ya know? the only live bhop servers ive seen are the non vac secured ones and obviously there's a shit ton of scripters and bhop hacks and all that. if you want a bit more players to play on it then i recommend not making it pure bhop only. like you should add surf in there or whatever seems fun to everyone

i think we should either bring escape back or improve our servers with better maps, rules, etc.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Apr 18, 2014
          • Jul 7, 2014
            none of them worked SO FAR. we should use the time and effort it takes making a bhop server to bring back the escape server and this will attract more players and possibly even get players to donate more to keep escape running. or maybe ALL of plaguefest running
          • Feb 8, 2013
            Of course they have VAC turned off... c'mon, you should already know why. The latency causes lag in their timing, so scripts are used to fix that so that the timing is on point. Mine had VAC on, but I turned it off due to many requesting that I do because they want to script. Hacks, you'll need players who are able to tell. PF isn't experienced in that field and that makes everything seem suspicious. So having gone through all that, how are ya'll going to open up a bhop server?
            • Like Like x 1
            • Informative Informative x 1
            • Apr 18, 2014
            • Apr 28, 2013
              It will take an unspeakable amount of effort just to bring ze back (especially in source) with all of the past history that went on and mostly outdated plugins. I suggest read Vanya's "To Management" thread because he had the best suggestions anyone has to offer to save this ze community. Just don't necropost that thread and instead post your thoughts on this thread :smile:. Thank you @Vanya Spazmidt.
              • Like Like x 1
              • Feb 27, 2012
                IIRC if you make your server 100 tick, it will also disable VAC. I think i recall there being a Metamod plugin that can get past that though. In CSGO this isn't a problem.
                • Informative Informative x 1
                • Feb 8, 2013
                  Post Merged, Jan 7, 2016
                  I'm sure Kyle is talented enough if he was down for it.
                • Feb 27, 2012
                  As i said, with a plugin. Changing tickrate was deliberately blocked by valve for a number of reasons.
                  http://didrole.com/tickrate_enabler/
                  RPG is even more complicated than i thought Jailbreak would be. It takes a lot of time and dedication to deal with a server like that.
                • Apr 18, 2014