Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Bhopping on Ze? Part 2

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by alpha, Aug 27, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 28, 2011
    Yes, bhopping as a zombie on ZE is illegal, we get it. However, it's come to my attention that admins enforce their own version of the rule, and tbh it's pretty retarded to play according to individual admin rules instead of "server" rules. What I'm specifically talking about are downhill slopes; as in you do not need to strafe jump to gain speed, any moron can run down it and continuously press spacebar and obtain the same effect.

Seeing as how thats not "bunnyhopping", I personally do not see it as an issue. However...some admins have seen a problem with it, others havn't. May we get an offical ruling on this? As I said, pointless to play if different admins will enforce different rules.
  2. Jan 21, 2011
  3. Aug 4, 2011
    i think bhopping period should be banned from the server due to the fact some people can do it and some people can't but if someone wants to run downhill and jump that's different since everyone can do that.
  4. May 28, 2011
    ^ those previous 2 posts prove my point, and are exactly why i started this thread.
  5. Aug 18, 2006
    I'll look more into disabling bhopping completely.
  6. May 28, 2011
    That's fine Ray, as it will make it fair for both sides. However, now I'll refer to Seeker's post...even with bunnyhopping disabled, would jumping downhill be considered bhopping and therefore punishable?
  7. Jun 25, 2011
    I'll look more into disabling bhopping completely.
    ill thank god
  8. Jan 27, 2011
    There is a program called ZBLOCK that disables illegal config commands and disables a few other things, one of those is bhopping. It also forces rates which makes it usually fair/even for all players. Check it out here
  9. Oct 29, 2010
    Below every post there is a reply button, if you press this button on the post you would like to quote it will automatically make this cool box you see above. :thumbsup:
  10. Aug 18, 2006
    I would not classify it as bhopping. I assume you're talking about maps like Mount Doom? Either way, bunny hopping should not work now.

ZBlock is an option, but it's a bit much for what we want I think. Let me know how the anti bunnyhopping works now, and whether or not any new bugs popped up as a result.
  11. Jun 4, 2006
    using zblock JUST to block bhopping is kind of a waste. The forced rates shit can already be done using simple min/max cvars with no additional plugins needed using up resources. I'd be interested in what else zblock has though, but it doesn't seem very popular and there must be a reason why :confused:

also jumping down a slope shouldn't be punishable, i think that's a bit much since you don't even need to know how to bhop to get the speed boost, albeit you might just end up with less of one without your mousewheel spamming jump. I'd just stick with flat bhopping... but I don't play ZE so, feel free to ignore my ass. I think it would more or less come down to bhoppers using slopes as excuses to bhop, and once it levels out if they KEEP going with their speed then it's a problem, but if they stop right away and then run... but do we really see players doing this? I'm just not sure players will be tame enough to where this isn't an issue. :confused:
  12. Jul 4, 2011
    Humans with fall damage will lose HP/die if they attempt to 'bhop' down a slope, zombies won't.
  13. Aug 18, 2006
    Any feedback on this? Is it working as intended?
  14. Jan 30, 2011
    Well I could still bhop a little bit on ZE on Jurassic park, jumping off of the truck at the end and down the hill. But it is a lot tougher then it used to be. Mind you, I also use the donator skins so that extra boost helps out a lot.

At the time I didn't think it was illegal, hence why I did it.
  15. Mar 19, 2011
    Seems still Easy to bhop as A Human doesn't really feel like Any Difference as A Human but Zombie Wise it feels harder to Bhop on Just plain flat Surface However going down on a Slope and gaining a Speed boost still helped me to be Able to Bhop as a Zombie as I tested it.
  16. Sep 25, 2010
    Jumping downhill doesn't not give you extra speed, especially since enablebunnyhopping is turned off. I just tested it with regular skin as human, it does not work.
  17. Aug 18, 2006
    Could also be as a result of the anti bunny hop script.
  18. Sep 25, 2010
    Nope, I could jump downhill as zombie(not donator/admin) and gain lots of speed.
  19. Mar 19, 2011
    When I tested I used the Donator Skins seemed to be able to bhop just fine.. Not sure about Regular Skins.
    But Honestly the biggest abusers of bhopping as a zombie are the Donators and Some Admins and this needs to stop.
  20. N B K
    This message by N B K has been removed from public view.
    Aug 28, 2011
  21. Jul 4, 2011
    Can't really notice any difference, still bhopping as usuall.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.