Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Bhopping on ZE

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by Yuppi, Apr 15, 2013

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 18, 2012
    What is bhopping? Too many admins are warning, kicking and even banning people that don't even bhop (Not pointing that some of the new people who got banned shouldn't have got banned, bcuz I have no idea of that). I am just saying that many admins thinks people bhop when they don't.. I'm not gonna say names but, for example on ze_Flying_World when you jump off the flying boat you can jump while it is flying so that you keep the speed in one jump, and that is NOT bhopping, you can even do that on servers where bhopping is 100% impossible to perform.

Admins need to learn what bhopping is before they ban people for it.
  2. Jan 11, 2012
    You fall down, jump on a 40° slope, gain insane speed = bhop
    E.g. Nuke escape, after the first hold when you go to the basement, jumping down & then again to gain speed is considered bhop.

Ofc everyone says "Eeeh that's no bhop" but it's considered on ZE

For your example, if you jump of the boat, it's not bhop but it is from the moment you jump immediately after that jump

I still don't understand why you should bhop on ZE. Can't they walk normaly?
    correct me if I'm wrong
  3. Dec 6, 2011
    Jumping after a push to maintain that speed is considered a bunny-hop to gain an advantage over others and to maintain a speed otherwise impossible by normal running is against the rules. Plain and simple.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • May 31, 2012

Report admin abuse if you believe an admin is wrongfully banning people for bhopping.

I warn, kick, and ban people all the time for bhopping and they are ALWAYS like "WTTTFFFF Biiiattttcchhh i wusnt bhoping u stoopid adbin" when I was watching and clearly got it on demo. Threads like these create a misconception that admins do not know what bhopping is when I'd say the majority of our excellent team go to bhopping servers, zombie mod and mini games all the time and party.

Although I suck balls at bhopping compared to these other guys (I can only get a couple skips out of it lmfao),
      you can take my word for it... these guys you claim "need to learn what bhopping is" are bhopping beast-mode outside of Zombie Escape. Hell, half of the new admins I know I have kicked for bhopping in the past lol! Admins who have been around a lot longer definitely have a lot of experience in this area and we have seen these silly threads a billion times; this isn't rocket science.
      • Agree Agree x 3
        Joshy, Apr 15, 2013 Last edited by Joshy, Apr 15, 2013
      • Nov 17, 2012
        Is there a reason why there is no Anti-Bhop plugin?

I agree to disagree with the bhopping rules. I feel as though it's wrong to ban somebody from just bhopping but I suppose if it's against the rules then enforce it. Honestly, I'd like the Admins to go through a demonstration of what bhopping should be kicked / banned for because too many people are falsely kicked / banned. I myself have been kicked before from just jumping with Space Bar, quickly after landing which was annoying.

Cheers,
        Complexity.
        Complexity, Apr 15, 2013 Last edited by ΣZΣ | ๖ۣۜComplex1ty, Apr 15, 2013
      • May 31, 2012
        Which falsely banned people are you guys talking about? Where are you getting this information?
      • Jan 11, 2012

If you had speed and used it to keep it the kick was legit
      • Feb 12, 2012
      • May 18, 2012
        Yuppi, Apr 15, 2013 Last edited by Yuppi, Apr 15, 2013
      • Jul 20, 2010
        • Agree Agree x 2
        • Jan 11, 2012
          Do YOU maintain the speed or does the MAP maintain the whole team's speed during the lift? You don't jump, you get boosted port through it. You don't have problems unless you maintain it after you land & bhop the hallway.
        • Sep 25, 2010
          Jumping after preddy spaceship push on the way to the alien device.
        • Jul 23, 2012
          If I understand correctly, and I don't think I do, he's trying to say that if he jumps during a push, and jumps much faster because of said push, is he breaking the rules?
          to my understanding, no you are not Yuppi, but if you jump AGAIN after that push and maintain the high speed, it is bunny hopping.
        • May 18, 2012
          I just didn't read Brett's reply well enough, sorry
          Post Merged, Apr 15, 2013
          Yes that's what I meant. But if often happens that an admin thinks the zombie (or human) who did that jump during the push was bhopping because he had a very high speed.
        • Jul 23, 2012
          If an admin thinks that jumping during the push is bhopping, then that's just silly. If that happened to you, or anyone you know, you/they can protest the ban.
        • Jul 4, 2011
          Oh look, this thread again (it has been brought up multiple times, don't expect anything to be changed).
          It's not an "advantage", anyone can do it. Most just don't bother learning, then complain when getting infected and blame it on "bhoppers" because they are too slow or are not paying attention.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Jul 23, 2012
            There's not really much to be changed when it isn't illegal to jump during a push.
          • Jul 20, 2010
            If they use a push and jump over and over again to try and maintain that speed then yes its illegal and an advantage. ZE is about teamwork not about who can get to a place the fastest by using any method at their means. If that was the case I could no-clip to the end and :grin: lol.
          • Aug 10, 2012
            Isn't bhopping just a skill? I don't see why people should be suppressed if they were to learn it. It isn't like they are the only ones that have the ability too, everyone can bhop, it is just a matter of learning. It isn't an unfair advantage if everyone can do it. I understand on the pushing parts (IE on predator to get alien device etc) but if it is on a flat surface or even a little slope, that is where the skill side comes from. And yes, I know zombie escape has a very team-based aspect but a player should be able to have his own play-style while still abiding to general rules such as no team killing, or hacking etc.

I'm not the best at explaining but what I am trying to say is that bhopping is a skill and not an unfair advantage, if a player has good aim does that make him an unfair advantage to everyone else because they have poor aim? Also strafe-walking and wall-walking are also 'exploits' of the games engine yet they are perfectly fine, and I, personally, would say that is worse than bhopping because that isn't a skilled requirement.
          • Jul 20, 2010
            Were not going to turn this into another remove the bhopping rule thread, deal with it and don't bhop simple as that you all act like you can't play the game if you can't bhop. You guy's whine more than kids playing COD and dying all the time.
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Funny Funny x 1
            Thread Status:
            Not open for further replies.