Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Bhopping on Ze?

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by alpha, Aug 9, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 28, 2011
    Yes, I'm quite aware this topic was brought up countless times before. However, while one admin said its fine (and very possible with the donator/admin skins), another admin has recently contradicted this and said we aren't allowed to and has disabled bhopping as zombies due to it "being an advantage". If that were the case, humans should not be able to bhop too..yes, most humans including myself that are able to bhop go ahead and wait at trigger points to not fuck the team over. However, like I said...if its disabled for zombies, then its only fair to disable it for humans also. But basically, we are once again looking for clarification.

http://plaguefest.com/index.php?/topic/7105-come-at-me-bro/page__p__83865#entry83865
  2. Feb 18, 2011
    I think that should sum it up. :\
  3. Apr 9, 2007
    If it's purposely added to classes, it's legal. As far as I know this is the case.
  4. Jan 5, 2007
    Never been a fan of bhopping to be honest. Just feels too much like abusing game physics to gain an unrealistic advantage.

If players are not allowed to do it on ZE, then I see no reason why admins should be allowed regardless of if it's only the skins that enable it for them.
  5. Feb 18, 2011
    If theres skins that give us an advantage for bhoping but we can't use it then why is it there?
  6. May 28, 2011
    Then why only disable it for zombies then :/
  7. Jan 5, 2007
    The problem is, like others have pointed out before, bhopping on ZE servers tends to cause issues with stages being triggered ahead of time, which can result in people griefing or team killing. I know only admins and donors are apparently able to bhop on there, but even then you'll still have ones that will abuse it.
  8. Mar 19, 2011
    I don't see it as being an Issue, Admins know better than to abuse Bhopping. As for the Donators who abuse we would deal with those who Grief as we would for any other player

Warn -> Kick -> Temporary Ban(1 hour to 1 day length)

There hasn't been any known Incident of Bhopping being abused that I know of so I don't see any real reason to make it illegal all together
  9. May 28, 2011
    as stated, the humans rarely trigger things without waiting for their teamates (unless its opening doors to help them proceed faster). zombies cannot go ahead to trigger things, they can just catch up to humans faster..so it was pointless to take it away from zombies, and not humans. but like anathema said, if the option was there for us to get the skin then we should be allowed to.
  10. Feb 18, 2011
    I don't think theres any way to glitch a map by bhoping in it. All bhoping does is allow you to get an item quicker or get a few feet in front of your teammate. There really is no way to abuse it.
  11. Mar 19, 2011
    I noclip though maps I test and never seems to cause a problem.
  12. Jul 20, 2010
    Only thing is admins/donors due abuse it I've sat there and watched people wait in spawn to get tagged or sit in spec and wait for zombies to hit then join and happily bhop their way to the humans and proceed to tag them. So far people haven't abused it as humans people just seem to do it as zombies now. I've sat there and watched this and finally talked to the highers up about it. Since bhopping ruins ze game-play.
  13. Mar 12, 2008
  14. Mar 19, 2011
    I never see it abused Human wise but yes Zombies bhopping should never be acceptable.
  15. Jun 11, 2011
    Contrary to people calling me a bhop whore, I seem to like the idea of it being disabled for zombies only. Bhopping faster then humans run on fire is a giant disadvantage. As for humans triggering stuff too early Ive never actually witnessed anyone doing it.
  16. Feb 18, 2011
    Its already an advantage for the zombies cause they run faster than humans, I am fine with it disabled for zombies, Ive never seen zombies sucesfully bhop even as an admin or donor so I don't care if it is disabled for zombies. But for humans I think it should stay.
  17. Jul 4, 2011
    Well, having a jump boost does encourage people to donate in order to get it. I don't think it is a MAJOR advantage, yes you can get ahead of people but not far enough to mess up for everyone (getting the proper speeds to do this is only possible with scripts/hacks on a 66 tick server).
  18. Jul 20, 2010
    It is a major advantage you might want to sit in spectate like I do and just watch the admins/donors bhop around as zombies.
  19. Apr 15, 2010
    Its good that its been disabled for zombies and not humans :grin:
  20. May 28, 2011
    so now humans have an advantage if they have bhoppers on their team :rolleyes: bhoppers can easily escape zombies as theyre closing in, i know because ive done it many many times lol. and they can activate helpful triggers alot faster, also putting zombies at a disadvantage..while i see the point everyone is trying to make, it really shouldnt be unbalanced. all or nothing seems fair.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.