Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Bioshock Infinite

Discussion in Gaming started by sajak, Mar 26, 2013

1. Nov 11, 2011
    How'd ya'll like the game? Was the wait worth it? :sidefrown:
  2. Dec 6, 2011
    Sure seemed like it. I bought the entire series just for the outstanding reviews.
  3. Nov 11, 2011
    I bought the game from @Dharkk just because I heard the reviews were fucking awesome. Going to play it when I'm not working.
  4. Jun 11, 2012
    I bought the game because I waited ever since it was announced. I was saddened every time it was delayed and my anticipation has never faded. I played both Bioshock 1 and Bioshock 2 more than 5 times on both consoles and PC. This series had some of the best story telling ever written while exploring the inhuman side of a society left to plunder on the basic of survival.

That wasn't a good reason to tell the retailer and the Canada Post on why they screwed up my pre-ordered and let it sit somewhere in Toronto where it can be shipped to me in 2hrs. Still on the way for tomorrow. I can't really complain since I got like 25$ saving with free next business shipping.
  5. Feb 12, 2012
    Planning on buying it after my exams this week (gotta focus somehow lol), it is getting some great ratings.
  6. Dec 6, 2011
    I was kind of the same with Far Cry 3 and Deadrising 2, but they took different paths. Deadrising 1 was just outright amazing, and a great, new take on a zombie survival game, while its 2nd released was delayed for something like 1-2 years, and turned out to be complete shit. On the other hand, Far Cry 3 introduced me to the best and most unique antagonist ever in gaming, plus, it had great modding add-ons!

Anyways, hoping this is as great a storyline as Halo 1 through 3, or the Borderland's series. (or TVB... :razz: )
  7. Jun 11, 2012
    I would suggest that if you haven't played Bioshock 1 and 2, I would suggest heartily to do that first. While it doesn't actually affect Infinite, it may give you an idea on why things are they way there are. Of course 1 and 2 are on a completely different parallel story and shouldn't compare, Rapture introduces us to a story that will help you unravel certain things of the Bioshock Series and may help you ease in to Infinite.

You can still go direct Infinite and get a enjoyable story, but it will be better if you work yourself up to it.
  8. Dec 6, 2011
    That's what I'm doing. I got all 3 of them today, starting the first one hopefully sometime this week.
  9. Jun 11, 2012
    Do it and make sure to not have it spoiled. No youtube videos, no gamefaqs, no walkthrough, no talking to anybody. Move to a Vault if you can :razz: . Because that games need to be played in a environment of no-spoils. The things that happens and the way the story goes is one of the best things I've experienced.
  10. Dec 6, 2011
    Oh trust me, I have that all covered. I fucking hate spoiling the storyline. I never look at spoilers on Youtube or whatever, it ruins the purpose of the game.

Like with the tits in Far Cry 3, that was like "OMFG WTH TITS??" right out of nowhere too. If I would've searched anything Far Cry 3, I'd see that there's something like tits in it.
  11. Sep 9, 2012
    OMG I wanna play this game so bad!!! I just don't have the time right now (sad face) :frown:
  12. Apr 16, 2012
    ALL MY YES! DEFIANTLY ONE OF THE BEST GAMES OF THE YEAR!!
    the story is so engaging, the game play is intense and strategic and the visuals/levels are mind blowing, defiantly pick it up if ur planning on it!
  13. Nov 29, 2010
    Like any other bioshock game, the plot twist will bend your mind and leave you in shambles, open jawed and just stunned. Not in any bad way, but god damn, I'm going to do another playthrough to make more sense of everything.
  14. Mar 20, 2012
    Seems like I dont like the games where u just have to kill every person which is in the area. Think Dishonerd would be the better choice for me....
    U kill friendly people nothing happens....u try to sneak around a little, no way u will be discoverd....u dont know if the npcs are enemies sometimes, just shoot they are always enemies and if not it doesnt change anything anyway...

I expect 2 much realism of videogames atm thats y I dont like most adventures/action/fps ...Dont know if the new Hitman will be satisfying
  15. Mar 12, 2008
    Every Bioshock has been like this. Where have you been?

On another note, I just finished it. HOOOOOOOO-DAMN.
  16. Aug 1, 2011
    I need to get it soon before I ship out (I don't think I could wait another 2 months :/)
    I mean just watching the trailers made me say "Gawd damn". Plus Bioshock 1 & 2 were nothing to scoff at. Most likely one of the only games where I could immerse myself in the story. I like games that make me go "NO! NO FUCKING WAY."
  17. Nov 29, 2010
    You type like you're still in high-school..

As the developer said, Cynicism can kill the gaming industry, so you need to try to keep an open mind about video games rather than sticking to your roots and anchoring them to the same rock or you're just not going to enjoy the game at all.

I enjoyed bioshock for its amazing storytelling, as the series itself has a god-tier reputation in brilliant storytelling.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Mar 20, 2012
      1. this is a forum, idc about grammar 2. im german 3. thats my style and its faster for me and usually nobody else complains 4. your correction seems to be wrong in most cases -_- 5. I was like 1 hour awake and not in the mood for a eloquent statemant

I have no problem with having an open mind etc.. Im just tired of games that have the same gameplay over and over again. I already blamed myself and not the game in my last sentence, so y are u so mad at me that I didnt like it?

In the old days gamedevelopers created games that they wanted to create now it seems like they only create games that probably sell good.

Such games with different gameplaystyles like Dark Souls and Deus Ex Human Revolution are in the minority atm but I really like them.

Furthermore I want to see new ways of playing games instead of the typical Controller/Keyboard-way...there are really nice projects out there like Oculus Rift which would provide a way more intense way of playing a game then just sitting infront of your PC. Flying an airship with this device in a game like Star Citizen or another space/acecombat-game could be so much fun.

Thats y I am so really pessimistic about """new""" current games, these ideas to play something in a different way existed already years ago but they were never supported by big companies. When they are ready im sure they have an huge impact on the gaming industry.

Maybe you know "unlimited detail", if you just watch the videos of these guys sitting there with a 10year old rusty laptop playing their demo-modengine whatever with ultra high resolution(with no noticeable lag) with so much polygons with effectlivly no loss of quality in distance, it would be so awesome and would open so many possibilities for new games without caring about any graphical limitations eventhough they create their models on atomzsize............but look on the downside....new hardware ? not needed, sales dropping / coding optimization of video games ? not needed , people lose jobs maybe

Its like if u have the source of unlimited energy and the oil companies just buy it from you and they would just sell their oil for the next decades for the same price until they would use it.^^

So I still want good games but also different ways of playing these games .....I dont like the wii and the motioncamera-upgrades for other consoles but it was the right way , thats y it was so succesfull
    • Feb 18, 2011
      I love the bioshock games, they are pretty amazing. The plot twist in the end? You always expect one but you can never guess what it is.
    • Jun 11, 2012

via http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ed44d8DDEA

Second DLC upcoming...HOLY MOTHER OF *FUMBLES AROUND* YAY!!!!
      Spoilers if you didn't play the game yet, not a spoiler for the DLC.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertc...-out-today-second-dlc-will-return-to-rapture/
      • Like Like x 1
        Benderius, Jul 30, 2013 Last edited by Bender Rodriguez, Jul 30, 2013