Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Black Mesa Source countdown!

Discussion in Gaming started by nyronic, Sep 2, 2012

1. May 17, 2011
    • Jan 11, 2012
    • Aug 1, 2011
      A remake of an original when a remake already exists, sounds like these guys work for Hollywood.

Other than this one being free, whats the difference between this one and valve's HL:S?
    • May 17, 2011
      HL:S isn't a remake, its just a port. All the maps/models/sprites etc are still hl1 detail level. This mod is a COMPLETE remake on the source engine.
      • Like Like x 1
      • May 15, 2011

SHENANIGANS!
      • Apr 9, 2012
      • Aug 18, 2012
      • Jul 4, 2011
        I have never played any Half Life games, should I start with this one?
      • Sep 7, 2010
        tbh you should start with the originals- they are not to be overlooked
      • Apr 9, 2007
        Well, this is HL1, so technically he is starting from the beginning.
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Sep 7, 2010
          from a story viewpoint yes, but as far as anything else is concerned i disagree. Original is the original. He can play whatever he wants, i gave my opinion. People think that if they spice up the graphics it will make the game twice as good or something but fail to see the aesthetics of the true thing are often lost. -kyle you seem to be so busy trying to make other people look stupid you rarely ever get the point.
        • Apr 9, 2007
          I'm not saying you're incorrect, I'm not saying your opinion is wrong. If he's going to spend a few days playing through all of them, I believe BMS is the way to go instead of going with HL:S or HL1.
          Are you kidding? Is my opinion on this matter of any less value then yours? :neutral:
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Ghost
            This message by Ghost has been removed from public view. Deleted by Kyle, Sep 2, 2012, Reason: Dumb..
            Sep 2, 2012
          • Apr 9, 2012
            If you have been living under a stone for the past eight years... You should think about leaving it and see the sunlight O.o
            • Like Like x 3
            • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
            • Jan 28, 2012
              8 years? That was HL2. HL was released in '98.
            • Feb 18, 2011
              I'm ignoring arguments because I'm too excited for BM:S.
            • Sep 7, 2010
              did i ever say it was not? I do not believe I ever once made that statement. This shit right here is why i said that you spend far too much time trying to make someone look stupid and miss the point entirely. which of course is my opinion

anyways should be a really fun way to replay a classic
              adinsx, Sep 2, 2012 Last edited by adinsx, Sep 2, 2012
            • Jan 11, 2012

[IMG]
            • Jan 28, 2012
              Is that a piece of watermelon hes holding?