Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Black screen and not just CS:S

Discussion in Technical Support started by Si˚, Jun 12, 2012

1. May 5, 2011
    So, when I played cs:s I got the black screen error. So I decided to restart my laptop, and research why I get this black screen on cs:s, then suddenly the Black Screen appeared when cs:s was not opened. :frown: so even if I'm not on cs:s I still got a black screen.

Any ideas what I can do? Or what is the problem?
  2. Oct 20, 2011
    maybe your video card is the problem? i had this problem with my video card a few years ago.
  3. May 5, 2011
    Should I get a new one ? Plus my laptop also has overheating issues which is why i have a cooler as well.
  4. May 12, 2012
    I had a problem just like this one to when I was playing css or any higher fps game my screen would turn black and be non responsive. It turns out my video card was severly overheating. I had this problem for a long time, until one day I pulled out my video card and cleaned it as much as possible. I no longer have these problems and its been a month or so since I cleaned it

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
  5. Nov 11, 2011
    Sounds like a video card hardware and/or driver problem.
  6. May 31, 2012
    I would go to manufacturer (Nvidia or AMD) forums and try to find if its some issue with your model of card. Other than that, it sounds like your GPU is fried/on the way to being fried
  7. Hevn
    This message by Hevn has been removed from public view. Deleted by Yahoo, Jun 13, 2012.
    Jun 12, 2012
  8. May 5, 2011
    K well i didn't check my video card yet, I will this week and today my brother tested it and found that the backlight also has an error. My pc will still be on but the backlight dies.
  9. Apr 9, 2007
    Have you attempted to hit said device?
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • May 5, 2011
      Huh "hit said device"? Smack my laptop back to life?