Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Resolved Blazing

Discussion in Admin Abuse started by Enemy Below, Aug 24, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar 1, 2012
    I came in today and saw Blazing admining. I saw some things I didn't agree with and thought I'd share them.

Admin: Blazing
    Steamid: STEAM_0:1:8528595 (Pulled from his profile page. I did a status at the start of the demo, but I couldn't find his ID.)
    Time: Around 3:10 PM EST or so

Proof

Demo: See attached

Demo timings: (This isn't everything, but is the big stuff considering it turned out to be a 16 minute demo. I recommend watching from 0-8 minutes or so)

0:35-3:30 is where most of this happens.

1:15 Yolo as a zombie (starting I believe) is frozen. Thunder is frozen just before this for edging also. (Note: only warning about edging given is over mic, not text.)
    1:27 First infection of their bunker due to edging. (Note, Thunder does not start the chain. AFAIK/Saw he was still frozen until the class change.)
    1:47 Blazing fails at kicking thunder for edging.
    2:20 Blazing kicks thunder for edging.
    Note: Thunder was frozen the entire time unless I missed a SM command so he couldn't get away even if he wanted to.

There is a bit with Satsukii about edging (frozen after infection) later in.

Not looking for anything serious to happen if you agree with me on this. Figured I'd throw this up considering hes new and I felt that his admining made the problem worse.

Attached Files:

2. Aug 14, 2012
    I really dont understand what is up with this "butt hurt" , Like seriously why do rude and disrespectful players demand that they can get away with things, and when they get caught, oh me geee, its abuse?, satsuki and thunder were both edging and were told by other players not to, and myself. so i froze before they got the rest of the CTs stabbed. thunder did it more then once so i kicked him with A REASON!. there is nothing abusing at all.
  3. Jan 11, 2012
    I play a bit longer here than you, and yet I never had a complain because I don't do shit. Maybe you're new, but I'm not. I'm pro. I know the range of a knife and know when I'm safe. I am no edger and never died of it. And this freezing shit is just, serious, why would you freeze someone so he gets killed, but others survive it? This is total crap and abuse.
  4. Mar 1, 2012
    Blazing, take a chillipll man. I'm not in the least butthurt over this. This is about you doing your "job" right.

You issued a verbal warning instead of a text warning.
    You froze the players (one of whom was a zombie) instead of kicking them. This lead to thunder being near the edge frozen, and when he got zombified everyone died. He did not get zombified first.
    You kicked him for "edging" only after he got zombified (unfrozen) and killed everyone. You clearly say in the demo that he was the reason everyone got zombified "because he killed the most people."
    YOU put him in that position with the freeze where as a kick would have removed him from the situation.

I'm not trying to bust your balls here. I'm trying to show you that you could have fixed this problem much better if you had used your powers more appropriately.

Edit: where did thunder do it more than once?

Edit2: Bold

Edit3: Seeker's next post about freezes
    Enemy Below, Aug 24, 2012 Last edited by Enemy Below, Aug 24, 2012
  5. Jan 21, 2011

Being an edge warrior is not specifically against the rules. If they're doing it with the intent to grief the team, its griefing and should be handled as such. That did not appear to be the case here unless I missed something in the demo.
  6. Mar 1, 2012
    Ah, good to know and thanks. I thought they lasted until removed or team change.
  7. Aug 14, 2012
    enemy below, you clearly have missed the point, I see with my two eyes, and I saw it happening, and not only me other players as well, as for you satsuki being "pro" has nothing to do with you making everyone else suffer for being stabbed, when told "hey get to the back of the wall" , but instead playing the human bait game, then getting stabbed right after so i froze you? , is differently nothing abusive, Enemy if you think its sooo easy, then you pay for admin and do it, sorry for "failing" to kick thunder for edging and killing half the team on purpose, when your trying to play and type, some times you make a mistake, dont be an ass about it
  8. [pF] LuciD
    This message by [pF] LuciD has been removed from public view. Deleted by Detonator, Aug 25, 2012, Reason: Not needed.
    Aug 25, 2012
  9. [pF] LuciD
    This message by [pF] LuciD has been removed from public view. Deleted by Angel/Latino King, Aug 25, 2012, Reason: not needed.
    Aug 25, 2012
  10. Sep 25, 2010
    1)in the demo provided it wasn't obvious that thunder was edging with the intent to grief the entire team. (which is the only time you are allowed to punish a player for edging)
    2)why on earth did you freeze yolo?
    3)All warnings must go through chat. ( unless you have a demo of you using a mic and the player is responding )
  11. Satsukii
    This message by Satsukii has been removed from public view. Deleted by Badgriuel, Aug 25, 2012, Reason: not needed adds nothing to the thread.
    Aug 25, 2012
  12. Mar 1, 2012
    If you even bothered to pay attention through the entire situation (or even watch the demo and TRY to counter my points) you would have seen I was in spectate the entire time.

I honestly don't see why I need to pay for admin. The team here usually takes care of any problems that arise. If they don't, we've got this section (if they do something wrong) or the SB section if they aren't on at all. I've admined at SG, I understand how hard this can be. If you had taken the time to read my last two sentences in the OP, I was clearly asking NOT to have your balls busted. You're new. You will make mistakes. This is the point of this section considering you wouldn't listen in game. (and the fact that we shouldn't even be discussing admin decisions in game.)

And about the "ass" part, you did a manual SM command. I've got past experience that those can/will be more trouble than they're worth. In a 64 man server, you can't be sure that someone won't have a name close to that. SM menu is longer but better imo.
  13. Feb 21, 2007
    I watched the requested first 8 minutes or so of the demo. Here is what I saw:

@Blazing
    1. Player Thunder was not edging with the intent to grief, he was just being a noob. You should not have froze him. That being said, you did freeze him, and as such, he was not the reason for the fail in the first round on the demo.
    2. Player Yolo Sawg was a zombie (in the first round on the demo) and people were telling him to "get back" (presumably from the entrance). You interpreted this to mean that he was edging, and you froze him. Again, you were in the wrong and should not have done this.
    3. Player Satuski was killed into a zombie first (on the 2nd round in the demo, i think), then he was frozen by Blazing. He did not appear to be griefing. I am not sure if he was frozen in an attempt to stop what Blazing thought was griefing, or if he was frozen cuz he was turned into zombie inside the room full of humans.

That is what I saw in the first small part of the demo.

With that, Blazing, you need to be careful when looking at someone for potential griefing vs being a noob. Alot of times griefers will sit with their knife already out and oftentimes run to and fro the entrance and back to the humans. If you feel ppl are griefing, please give at least written warnings (and u can do verbal warnings too but at least written warnings). Also, please do not freeze someone merely on the premisis that players are saying "get back", always try to witness it for yourself. I am going to lock this thread now, as to prevent empty flame arguments.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.