Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Blizzard DotA

Discussion in Gaming started by Peter, Oct 27, 2011

1. May 27, 2008

Serious discussion. What do you [those who play action RTS] think about this? What about those who love anything about the Starcraft/Warcraft lore? I find it pretty amazing. I always wondered what it would be like to have Zeratul fight against Thrall.

So I ask you to discuss and remain on topic about it.
  2. Aug 13, 2010
    They are kidding right?
  3. Oct 29, 2010
  4. May 27, 2008
    Not kidding. I think it's pretty legit. Depending on the pricing on release, I'll take a look at it.
  5. Aug 13, 2010
    Can't they get sued for using DOTA like how notch used SCROLLS in his game?

Sorry if that's random, but that's a question that I cannot answer. :frown:
  6. Apr 2, 2011
    Honestly Peter, while the warcraft lore has always interested me, the starcraft hasn't, Imma star wars/ warhammer fanatic when it comes to sci-fi... ANYWAYS, from an rts aspect the warcraft series has been amazing, but with the let down (to me) of starcraft 2 i would not suspect much from a warcraft 4.
    BUT WITH DOTA, hated DotA on warcraft 3 because of the people. Bunch of faggot assholes who bitched if you didn't know what you were doing because THEY wouldn't let you stay in the game, i got kicked constantly by everything... AND I STILL DON'T THINK THAT IT IS POSSIBLE TO KICK FROM WC3 GAMES!!...
    Anyways, this looks more of the same, the same faggots will inhabit this and the same faggots will cause me to hate DotA...

more of the same stupid shit...
  7. Nov 14, 2010
    Looks pretty cool.
    The graphics seem pretty fancy shmancy.
  8. Mar 16, 2008
    Well, DotA is based of a SC map so it's kinda gray area. Valve bought the rights for them to make Dota2 but I would believe Blizzard to still have some ownership of the name.
  9. Aug 13, 2010
    Thanks Josh.
  10. Oct 29, 2010
    Unless this game is very cheap I would be strongly against it being a stand-alone game since I'm willing to bet it can be made in SC2 customs right now.
  11. May 27, 2008
    What fuck am I reading.
  12. May 27, 2008
    Blizzard Entertainment is also developing a free mod for StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm entitled Blizzard DOTA.
  13. Oct 29, 2010
    AoS was a SC map that DotA was based off, so he's almost right.

Oh so this is a SC2 custom game then? I missed that bit.
  14. Dec 7, 2010
    Looks like another regurgitation of WC/SC to me.
  15. Oct 29, 2010
    It is SC. :razz:
  16. Jan 21, 2011
    I thought it was a joke when I saw the trailer yesterday... They had the chance to make DOTA2 and passed on it, so it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to make this legit unless they realized they made a mistake which is perfectly viable.

I wish it were playable with wings of liberty because I'm not sure I'll be getting heart of the swarm right away.
  17. Oct 29, 2010
    I wouldn't hold my breath, I'd imagine this will be a selling point to some extent. I will most certainly be jumping right onto SC2-2 though, I absolutely loved the story in 1 and 2 so far.