Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Blood Donation

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by blahdude10, Jun 10, 2011

1. May 7, 2011
  2. Apr 18, 2011
  3. May 7, 2011
    I just got mine donated cause im getting a surgery in 13 days D:
    got a pint donated today
    got another pint to donate next week -.-x
    this sucks ass...
  4. May 27, 2008
    You shouldn't be able to donate blood within three months of each other though.

Plasma is the only thing they will allow you to donate within weeks of each other.
  5. Sep 26, 2010
    donating is good but the vampires will never cease to call you once you're on their list :whistling:
  6. May 7, 2011
    i have to get another pint out next week...

just incase i loose too much blood during my surgery.
    so that they can replace it
  7. May 6, 2011
    Did it before, you get free drinks, food, and lots of tasty candies afterwards.

You also get a comfy sofa to sit in.
  8. May 7, 2011
    they just let me sit down on this table that is placed with drinks and chips LOL
    i ate shit load
  9. May 16, 2011
  10. Apr 11, 2011
    They used to have a thing every year at school here, where seniors can donate blood on campus. I personally hate needles and all that....so weird what if they hit the wrong thing x.x

@bean, good luck on the surgery I'm sure it will go well
  11. May 7, 2011
    X______X
    dead*
  12. Mar 19, 2011
  13. Feb 17, 2011

i am a bit over weight and the last time i donated was more than 10 years ago or so when dad was in the hospital. the doctor strapped my arm to make the vein come out or get exposed
    and it just didnt want to coz of my fat skin :razz: so he kept waiting and slapping my arm untill it barely showed and he then stuck the needle haha

and yeah its not that bad just weird at first

and good luck with the op mr.bean hope it goes well
  14. Sep 26, 2010
    well I'm 5'7, 135 lbs, and basically a walking muscle with heroin veins but I've met nurses who can't get the IV on the first try :confused:
  15. Feb 21, 2007
    i cant stand needles going in my elbows.....and i'm a surgeon, go figure...
  16. Feb 1, 2011
    i have donated blood couple of times.. its not that painful.. u'll be fine.. :thumbsup: :biggrin:

Good luck for the surgery.. :tongue: :tongue:
  17. Jun 10, 2011
    I have donated blood, but legally I shouldn't be allowed to, hahaha.

I lie about my weight, so sometimes I do get some real nasty side effects for a day or two (light headed, queasy) but it's all for a good cause!!

The worst experience i've had with it, was a trainee who couldn't find my vein (they never can), and where usually they then ask for a senior member of staff (who always finds it) this lady just stuck the needle in anyway and started... "rooting around", It was so painful, and I had a massive bruise there for weeks...

Still, I like to think that maybe my slight discomfort once every few months could potentially save someone's life =)

Your situation is kinda different though, and I wish you well in your surgery and recovery thereafter!
  18. May 7, 2011
    hopefully my surgery will go well!

its in 11 days :frown: scareddd
  19. Feb 12, 2011
    Hmpf, I haven't, and probably will never donate blood.
    Mainly because I'm dead afraid of needles and they make me faint. :\
  20. Feb 20, 2011

Deadly afraid of needles too, 3DG you pansy [IMG]

Retslag on the job.
    [IMG]