Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Blue Screen of Death x3

Discussion in Technical Support started by Nezumi, Aug 27, 2014

1. Jun 10, 2011

[IMG]

Kt iz nub. Reset x3, still blue..

Edit: omfg upside down pic is upside down
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Feb 24, 2011

ALSO SPECS PLS
    • Feb 25, 2014
    • Jun 10, 2011
      m'kay, i'm open in safemode... everything has a pink and blue tinge to it :neutral:

Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X2 555 Processor 3.21GHz
      RAM: 4GB
      Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460
    • Feb 27, 2012
      Looks like it's something driver related (something nvidia, probably display) try updating your drivers or downgrading.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Jul 14, 2010
        If you can, check your temperatures for your CPU, video card, etc because sometimes it's a result of overheating
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Oct 13, 2011
          Its nvidia yo. Did you recently update your drivers ? If so downgrade it. Bc new nvidia updates aren't good for old cards.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Feb 21, 2007
            have you installed or uninstalled anything recently? What were you doing when you got BSOD? As Tony said, sometimes it can mess up a driver. Also, might want to run windows repair (from the installation cd), as if one of window's files got messed up, this would fix that.
          • Jun 10, 2011
            It started when I patched League of Legends...

And I uhh, *ahem* don't have a windows installation cd...

I tried updating the video card drivers, still BSOD.
          • Feb 27, 2012
            Try downgrading to an older version. As Drunk Cat said, new drivers + old graphics cards can equal bad things (even though the new driver supposedly works on your card)
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Jun 10, 2011

EDIT: Tried old drivers, just says it can't find compatable hardware...

EDIT2: Now the up-to-date ones say they're not compatable either D:
              Nezumi, Aug 27, 2014 Last edited by Nezumi, Aug 27, 2014
            • Feb 27, 2012
              I was getting to Windows fine, sound was back, bg was back.

Started uninstalling NVIDIA stuff. Wanted me to restart after every uninstall.

Uninstalled 3 items, reset twice, BSOD.

Opened in safe mode again. 2 NVIDIA items had reinstalled themselves?

Can't uninstall in safe mode. Can't get to windows anymore.
            • Jul 14, 2010
              If you download this you can check your temperature, https://www.piriform.com/speccy or hwmonitor. You should see where they are when the bsod occurs. (Unless of course you can't get in then...) Is your computer dusty? Has it been cleaned anytime in the past? Any fans not spinning.. etc.
            • Jun 10, 2011
              Pretty certain its my graphics card at this point

EDIT: @PeNguiN I see nothing on here mentioning temperature. Also the BSOD isn't when i'm ON my PC, it's at startup. Every startup. Unless i'm in safemode or on my onboard graphics
              • Informative Informative x 1
                Nezumi, Aug 27, 2014 Last edited by Nezumi, Aug 27, 2014
              • Jul 14, 2010
                Have you tried opening up your pc and looking at the graphics card to make sure it's not loose or that something may have burnt a little?
              • Jun 10, 2011
                No because i'm fucking retarded and have no idea what i'm looking at.

I'm going to bed. PC problems are such stress -.-
              • Mar 20, 2011
                Hello @Nezumi so the issue is with your video card. Looks to me that the GPU has traces which probably failed on it or it is overheating which you possibly can fix depending on the PCB layout of your card. I would unseat the card, if it has a fan on it, clean it out with canned air, re seat the card and see what happens. If it still fails, it is a bad Nvidia card, hit up the manufacture to see if they will replace it and if they won't then have @Tony the Tiger!! :grin: buy you a new one.

Also open your computer and take some photos and post them, I will point you to the video card.
                • Like Like x 1
                • Agree Agree x 1
                • Funny Funny x 1
                • Friendly Friendly x 1
                • Feb 21, 2007
                  may want to run chkdsk and just make sure a bad sector on ur hdd isn't corrupting your files. Simple before replacing hardware.
                  • Agree Agree x 1