Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Body Blocking Ruling

Discussion in Illegal Spots started by Harvey, Jul 25, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dec 7, 2010
    Effective Immediately rule #3 and #4 (Do not glitch inside walls, soda machines, rocks, or any props while you're a human) will now encompass the punishment procedures for this infraction.

A consensus has been reached by the pF leadership team that Body Blocking Doors is now officially considered Glitching.

Body Blocking Doors is defined as when: Two people are standing side-by-side in front of a door preventing its' opening.

Examples of Body Blocking Doors can be recognized in maps such as Penumbra or most commonly on 4-Way Tunnel.
    [IMG]
  2. Feb 1, 2011
  3. Jul 13, 2011
    Will this also include body blocking doors with only 1 person or is it just 2 or more people?
  4. Dec 7, 2010
    Includes 2 or more people as I do not believe 1 body can successfully prevent a door from opening.
  5. Jul 13, 2011
    ok thnx, wouldn't it be easier tho to make all the doors swing both ways?
  6. Dec 7, 2010
    I suppose ideally it would be nice to have all the maps modified for pF, but that is not feasible at this time.
  7. Jul 24, 2011
    Good to know. I do this alot but now I will not :grin:
  8. Mar 25, 2011
    If the amount of room is small enough i think one person could body block effectively...
  9. Jul 24, 2011
    So body blocking is only illegal if it's 2 or more people then? Not really illegal if it's only 1 person amirite?

It would be pretty hardcore for a single person to block a door by themselves AND shoot zombies out of the 2nd enterence to the room...give them some credit if they manage to pull that off by themselves :3
  10. Oct 29, 2010
    I cant think of a single plausible scenario.
  11. May 5, 2011
    I remember a map...it was one of those bad maps with underground tunnels and there is a room that you can body block alone.
  12. Oct 21, 2010
    Instead of the red tape why not just have a mapper edit that spot and call it a day. I do not understand why all the maps are not edited to eliminate all problimatic spots. I have been talking about this for about a year now. Edit the maps and be done with it. Just my opinion.

Taz
  13. Dec 7, 2010
    I have communicated to multiple mappers regarding maps with illegal spots and they were able to address some of the issues but others were too difficult to address. Dirtbag had successfully addressed number of issues of zmp maps and recently Moonlight corrected all 18 illegal spots on the zm_roy_old_industrial. Other requested maps for update such as zm_roy_industrial_complex were indicated by the mappers as too complex to address. Since this is all voluntary, the mappers are doing an excellent job on their efforts to tackle the high priority issues first. Maps with only a couple of illegal spots such as 4-way is a low priority, but is still on the list.
  14. May 6, 2011
    Thank you Harvey for getting in touch with them.
    [IMG]
  15. May 15, 2011
    Unfortunately I do not have the time nor proper hardware to edit maps.

So I'll be out of commission for awhile.

But I'm pretty sure Moonlight will have no problem doing the work in my absence.

Hopefully someday I'll be back to take care of the unfinished business.

As for the blocking with one person, it's not actually possible since the door pushes the blocker, so unless their is an immovable object right beside the door that the player can wedge themselves onto, it won't work.

Being against the wall simply slides the player out, not stop them.

At least from my experience anyways.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.