Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Borderlands 2

Discussion in Gaming started by Reaper, Mar 4, 2012

1. Apr 2, 2011
    Enjoyed... I really liked Borderlands... I hope this one is just as good if not better!
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Jan 5, 2007
      With 96.5% more WUB WUB it just has to be better. :razz:
    • Oct 27, 2010
      The ending of the last game felt half assed and kinda ruined the game for me :C ; otherwise I thought it was pretty fun. I hope they don't do that with this one.
    • Aug 1, 2011
      One of the reasons for that was the fact that they took the games graphics which originally were designed to look realistic, and completely changed them over to the cartoonish cell-shaded graphics that the game was released in.

You can still find videos and pictures of the way the game was originally made, a sort of before and after. It makes you wonder why they did it that way.
    • Apr 9, 2007
    • Jan 5, 2007
      They were just messing around one day when they set the shaders to how they are, and thought it looked pretty unique but still appealing. So they ended up keeping it and got Borderlands some awards.

You can fiddle with the shader settings on Skyrim and actually get it to look nearly identical to how Borderlands is.:razz:
    • Aug 1, 2011
      Here are some examples, they're not really the best but it gets the point across.

http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,...hics-Update-E3-screenshots-release-date/News/

I'm not trying to argue saying the graphics suck, I think they fit the game well. But it would also be nice to play the game with its original graphics as well, like an option in-game to change it. It's more than just cell shading, they changed the models and a bunch of the textures for it to better fit with shading, so even if you turn cell shading off it still semi looks like its on.
    • Apr 9, 2007
      I had no idea. The game is still amazing regardless, I can't wait for the second one!
      • Agree Agree x 5
      • Dec 6, 2011
        Stupid kids complained about the game was solely based on picking out guns.... Good thing they didn't listen and made 87 bazillion guns, bazilliondier :evilgrin:

Massively open sandbox games with an extremely large variety of weapons have always been my favorite types. Far Cry's, Rage (although it was short and had no after-play), Dead Island, etc.

Hope the DLC's are as badass as the previous ones. General Knoxx's Armory was the shit :cool:
      • Jul 5, 2008
        i really enjoyed the first one, so hopefully they dont change anything to drastically. plus what reaper said is true. more wub wub = more awesome
      • Jan 5, 2007
        Reaper, Aug 31, 2012 Last edited by Reaper, Aug 31, 2012
      • Feb 27, 2012
        It was really easy to beat. They could have made it a little more challenging. All you had to do was hide behind one of the pillars when it was about to attack. Other than that, you just waste all of your ammo. I also hope that you won't be able to use WillowTree to make stupid guns and sheilds. I have a shield where you take no damage, a pistol that 1 shots EVERYTHING, and a Rocket launcher that shoots so many projectiles that it looks like fireworks when you shoot it in the sky. Anyways, i hope this is as good as the first one, if not better. It looks like they didn't really change anything for the characters except now the skinny guy can use Melee weapons (which looks like he replaces Mordechai or that's just a new ability he has.
      • Jul 16, 2012
        I've never played borderlands one or two. They didn't seem to interesting to me at all.
      • Dec 6, 2011
      • Jul 16, 2012
        Thats. Mean just for that I'm doing it to you.

I totally forgot the main reason I was replying lol. What is FTFY
      • Mar 12, 2008
        You might get that at first, but once you get into it, you'd say otherwise.

Claptrap disapproves!
      • Nov 29, 2010

I was walkin' down the street when out the corner of my eye I saw a pretty lil' thang approachin me
      • Dec 6, 2011
        She said I never seen a man who looks so all alone, could you use a little company?
      • Nov 29, 2010
        3 Hours until the game unlocks for PS3 and Steam.