Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Boss in zm

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by GRUDGE, Oct 28, 2011

Think a boss in a regular zombie mod map would work? Read details below...

Yessss! 11 vote(s) 45.8%
No wayyyyy 7 vote(s) 29.2%
Meh. Maybe. 6 vote(s) 25.0%
  1. Jul 28, 2011
    I know bosses are pretty popular in ze. I for one am a fan of them. But here's my question, do you think that a boss would work on a regular zm map? Here are some details...

*ahem*
    • There will be a place located near spawn where players can choose to go when the round starts which leads to some kind of boss arena.
    • After a little while, the doors will close so the players are stuck in there. Either defeat the boss or die trying.
    • At some point, anyone who spawns zombie in the boss room will be teleported out of the room or something so that all the humans aren't immediately screwed (i assume the initial zombie spawn is the same amount of time on each map? Otherwise I'm not sure how I would do this since i would have to use a filtered teleport triggered after a time interval after the start of the round)
    • If the humans are successful, they gain access to some badass spot where they should be able to hold off zombies. It obviously wouldnt be impossible for zombies to overpower them, but it would still be a really good spot for the humans. If the humans fail, they die and become zombies. duhhhhh!
    • There are of course many other spots for humans to go if they decide they dont have what it takes

I'm no modeler and I don't know how pretty it would look :thumbsup:
    Never made a boss before, but dormantlemon posted a pretty good tutorial here a while ago and I'm sure it won't be hard to figure out. I also plan that the boss would be fairly difficult, especially since unlimited ammo is on. It would just be too easy when everyone can just hold down the trigger on their precious little p90s. Hope I'm not aiming too high here :tongue:

So I want to know, do you think this idea would work, or would it totally fail?
  2. Feb 12, 2011
    I'm not sure wether this would work on ZM, but it's definately a good idea to try out. I'd say, go for it, if it doesn't work out well you could always drop the map or alter the boss arena to a cading arena or something.
  3. Apr 2, 2011
    ... no... I can't imagine it really helping out ZM... I mean after a while EVERYBODY might want to try to kill the boss... and it will detract from those not wanting to kill the boss.... for ZM... no...
  4. Oct 27, 2010
    Sounds like a fun idea to me. It might take a lot of balancing to get correct though... I think it would be great if you could have a boss fight that incorporates regular zombies into it though (i.e. they're not just watching from the sideline). I just kinda get bored when I have to watch a boss fight :razz:
  5. Aug 5, 2010
    If you can pull it off go for it because it sounds interesting.

And this is just a suggestion the map would have to be big I mean big big and instead of a bad ass room you should make weapons or materia or something like that which would make things much more interesting.

But anyways good luck :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
  6. Feb 12, 2011

You spawn at a certain spot, the boss arena is open and you can enter it, you have to hold zombies out for a while, and after a certain amount of time the doors will close. Then the people who entered the arena would have to kill the boss, the rest can have a normal hold-off.

Then again, this is only what I caught out of it.
  7. Jul 28, 2011
    I think you understood me correctly. It's just your basic zm map with cade spots and what-not, but there is a room near spawn players can decide to go in and fight the boss if they want to. If they do not fight the boss there are still plenty of good spots to hold off zombies from.

Also, concerning "everyone" going in, I could have it shut the doors after a certain amount of people enter.
    If people seem to like the idea I will probably end of releasing a version of the map without the boss fight, and then later release a version exactly the same except with it.
  8. Apr 2, 2011
    as long as there is a limit... it could work
  9. Mar 19, 2011
    Sounds Like A Good Idea just make sure the bosses HP is scaled and Not Set at a Certain Amount so It Isn't too Difficult. Also You Definitely Need the Spot to Accommodate all the Cts that choose to battle the boss Don't want to have them cramped in.
  10. Feb 18, 2011
    Its an intresting idea, but I believe it wouldnt work out well, zombies will kill humans much easier because they have to kill the boss.
  11. Aug 1, 2011
    Personally, I believe that adding bosses should be kept to ZE maps. ZM is all about hiding, building barricades and eluding zombies, while ZE is about making checkpoints, out running zombies and achieving goals like defeating bosses.

Adding a boss to a ZM map would just cause a bunch of players to be distracted and end of failing horribly since far to often, players don't work together on ZM, and when they do, it usually doesn't last.
  12. Feb 18, 2011
    The only way I could see this possible if zombies were unable to attack humans untill the boss is done for.
  13. Jul 28, 2011
    Yeah, that's what i meant by the doors closing. A few humans are locked in the room with the boss and no zombies can get in during the fight. I may limit it to 10 humans who are allowed to enter, and there will be plenty of great spots to hide and defend and build cades elsewhere. Basically it would be adding more options for humans. If they win they are rewarded somehow. Meanwhile, the rest of the server continues like normal.
  14. Aug 1, 2011
    Ok, and what happens when those people locked in that rooms are the only humans left, every now and again, all humans on a map screw up and get turned within 2 minutes of the round, since there is still 3 minutes left, it would be really boring to have to wait for either the room to open or the humans to die.
  15. Jul 28, 2011
    The fight would only last about a minute. If all of the other humans die in 1 minute then i think they deserve to sit on their asses for about 10 seconds. Seems like a fair punishment :turned:
  16. Oct 29, 2010
    I think having zombies in with the boss would be the only thing worth doing. Just a lone boss on an unlimited ammo ZM servers sounds kinda boring, no?

Maybe make it hard for the zombies to get into the boss area, humans have to defend against zombies while taking down the boss. Require a bit of team work to make it through rather than just 10 people typing +attack in console while aiming at the boss.
  17. Feb 12, 2011
    I think he could simply make the boss alot more lethal, ie. explosions and such would be an option, so even if they manage to dodge the boss's normal attacks, they could die from explosions and random spots. Again, I don't know wether this would be preferred.
  18. Jul 28, 2011
    I totally agree with you. I've been trying to think of a good way to include zombies in the attack but nothing has really struck me yet. I definitely want to include zombies in it to change it up so i will continue to brainstorm
  19. Feb 12, 2011
    How about having 4 crouching vents on each of the sides of the arena.
    This way the humans would have to be organized. (Ofcourse, don't make it too hard, make the vents medium length, not one where you can just get through in about a second.)
  20. May 15, 2011