Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Boston Marathon Explosions

Discussion in In The News started by PeNguiN, Apr 15, 2013

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jul 14, 2010
    Said there was two explosions and they found more bombs in a hotel.

They think the first explosion might have originated from a trash can.
  3. Aug 26, 2012
    Yeah I saw.. this shits going viral Fast. . ..
  4. Sep 14, 2008
  5. Jul 8, 2012
    This is 10 minutes from one of my friends that lives in Boston. Scary stuff.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Mar 5, 2013
    • Mar 5, 2013

• Mar 4, 2012
    • Dec 6, 2011

It's most likely not a terrorist attack, probably just some crazy man with a grudge.
    • Jul 8, 2012
      Sad to see, sad that two people (thus far) died.
    • Feb 19, 2012
      If NY Marathon is played -at all- on ZE today i'm going to be pissed as a MA resident.
      • Funny Funny x 2
      • Jul 23, 2012
      • Feb 19, 2012
        it would be as offensive as playing a twin towers map on the day of 9/11. This was a terrorist attack that killed 2 people, hospitalized 20, and blasted the limbs off of people.
        Two bombs at the marathon, and one bomb at the JFK Museum. It's a major terrorist attack.

Playing NY Marathon at all today would be more tasteless than anything I said, and i'm only an hour away from boston.
      • Sep 14, 2008
        How did real life explosions evolve into ZE?
        • Agree Agree x 5
        • Like Like x 1
        • Jul 23, 2012
          • Jul 20, 2010
            Cell phone service has been shutdown in Downtown Boston since they think it might have been triggered through a call.

From the looks of it the bombs are very low yield which is a good thing less lives lost or injured. Not much of a concussive force behind them. Although anyone caught in the shock wave will have internal damage if close enough to the initial blast. Probably a diesel and fertilizer mix roughly maybe no more than a 2-4 pound bomb. No word on if there was shrapnel attached to the outside of it.
            Badgriuel, Apr 15, 2013 Last edited by Badgriuel, Apr 15, 2013
          • Mar 4, 2012
            It's all still early but in an interview on fox news with a witness he said that he found a ball bearing in his jacket after the explosions so that could be a possibility.
          • Jul 20, 2010
            Damn ball bearings would rip you to shreds kinda of like the claymore mines. The amount of injuries jumped from 40+ to now 60+.
          • Jun 11, 2012
            Listening to @yougotmail police scanner makes it really scary though.

A horrific tragic event. My thought and prayer for all those affected.
          Thread Status:
          Not open for further replies.