Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Not Abuse Brad....

Discussion in Admin Abuse started by tfreeman451, Jul 21, 2014

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oct 11, 2013
    Most of you who play with me know I play pretty straight forward. I often go AFK to answer a phone call/text for work. Playing Surf n Cade (a map I'm not too fond of, but none the less was playing) near the end of the round I sat on the top of the first initial ramp, not near the launch area and went to answer a text message.

I was warned by Brad for blocking, in which you can see my demo two people did run into me, but I turned around to make sure I wasn't blocking the area where you actually launch off of. Then he proceeded to kick me. I rejoined the server to talk to him in private and the conversation didn't get far, so I'll let y'all be the judges.

Fast forward to about 70,000 ticks

Attached Files:

2. Feb 8, 2014
    I haven't looked at the demo yet, myself, but he's already admitted to the reason for the warning and kicking. The map was Surf n cade. He was standing on the area of the orange/blue ramp at the end where they T-off to the left and right. He was warned for blocking, as he was obviously doing considering multiple people ran into him. We discussed it briefly, while he was still blocking, so I kicked him considering he was still blocking. He came back on, we had a brief discussion about breaking the rules for blocking and I told him if he had any issues to take it here to the forums.

There really isn't much to add from my end. I didn't record a demo as it seemed like something a regular would stop doing when warned.
    Post Merged, Jul 21, 2014
    Yeah, just reviewed the 18 minute demo. Between tick 70000 and 75000 you can see where he is blocking the ramp, someone runs into him, my warning and subsequent kicking.
  3. Jun 10, 2014
    I'm backing up freeman on this because freeman did get stuck and was trying to move, brad gave him about 5 seconds to move and immediately kicked him.unfair call...
  4. Feb 8, 2014
    Kinetic, I understand you're trying to back your friend up, but the demo clearly shows that he's not stuck in any way. He walked down to the spot where he was blocking. He then moves around a little more before my kick.
  5. Oct 11, 2013
    I'm not stuck. But I certainly wasn't blocking the launch area. I take pride in helping the server gain new players by helping them with simple things such as jumping, teleports, and even surfing. You were too quick to kick without taking into account that I wasn't actually impacting where the zombies launch off of to get to the next surf area.
  6. Feb 8, 2014
    Freeman, you were pretty obviously blocking. I don't understand how you can say you weren't when even in your demo someone runs into you. I understand you're a quality member, and I've never had an issue with you before, but this is pretty obvious rule breaking. I don't think I was too quick to kick considering the warning and minor discussion before I did it.

I'm going to wait for the senior admins to review the demo and add their opinions, but I stand by how the situation was handled.
  7. Feb 27, 2012
    Just don't sit on the ramps, especially on the starting ramp. i should have put a push trigger knocking anyone off of there. If you're blocking people from using the ramps properly (which you did, actually more than twice it looked like) or making it difficult for them to surf how they want to, then it's blocking. I don't see anything wrong with what Brad did here. I've kicked people for standing on the ramp. When he warned you, you should have just gotten off and then discussed it with him. You were given enough time to hop off of the ramp. Why even bother AFK'ing there? The way that the 2+ zombies were blocked, that would have blocked me as well, as the turning points are basically useless, and i launch right near that corner where you were standing. Just afk at spawn or at the top of the launch pad somewhere next time. It doesn't seem like you were intentionally blocking, and that you just didn't know you were blocking. There is no abuse here. Be careful of where you AFK next time.

EDIT: The same thing goes for other maps. If you are making it difficult by blocking a portion of an entrance to somewhere, it can still be considered blocking even if there is another way to get in, such as the sign on unpanic.
    Tony The Tiger, Jul 21, 2014 Last edited by Tony the Tiger!! :D, Jul 21, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.