Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Not Abuse Brett

Discussion in Admin Abuse started by null, Jan 11, 2013

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jul 4, 2011
    I was kicked a few moments ago by @Brett on the ZE server for "bunnyhopping". We were testing the new Holmes escape and had just killed the first boss, when I without warning got disconnected. As most of you know, I was an admin for over a year, I know the rules. I did not "exploit" the engine in order to get and maintain speed during jumps to get ahead of everyone else. I'm not sure what the deal with this guy is, but I'd like some clarification as to why I was kicked.

[IMG]
  2. Dec 6, 2011
    You were clearly bunnyhopping in an area thinking that you were not seen. It was multiple hops. Not too much to add.

You knew what you did, you came back and even knew that you were caught, I'm starting to think think this thread was made, just to be made in general.
  3. retslag1
    This message by retslag1 has been removed from public view. Deleted by retslag1, Jan 11, 2013, Reason: brett already replied.
    Jan 11, 2013
  4. Feb 21, 2007
    brett didnt you say there were two ppl with that name or something?
  5. Oct 20, 2012
    The only 2 Tony's around here is Tony Toca and Tony Montana
  6. Jul 4, 2011
    You mean the push before the boss? I did jump after that one, back to the humans, in an enclosed area where zombies have no way of getting into. Much like Predator on ultimate. I've seen admins and even LSA's do this many times in the past. I really don't see how it's an issue.
    What...?
  7. CALIVIER
    This message by CALIVIER has been removed from public view. Deleted by Kyle, Jan 11, 2013, Reason: Not appropriate unfortunately..
    Jan 11, 2013
  8. Dec 6, 2011
    There was just a mistake with my listing, I was reading tony toca when I typed it in under "tony".

It was no enclosed area, you bunnyhopped all of the way across the large, open room.

Also, others should be re-reading abuse thread rules before posting -.-.......
    Brett, Jan 11, 2013 Last edited by Brett, Jan 12, 2013
  9. Jul 4, 2011
    As you can see in this picture where I highlighted in black where I jumped from the platform, then around and back to the humans. The highlighted trigger to the right is a zombie teleporter which activates once the door (which you have to defend before the boss) closes.

I was just as surprised when I was kicked as the others on the server when I came back. I'd like some clarification if what I did was wrong by an LSA+.

[IMG]
  10. Apr 9, 2007
    Don't slay me down, but does anyone have a demo?
  11. Dec 6, 2011
    You used a high acceleration to bhop past the whole group around the room, not that small circle you drew. You're drawing this out to something ridiculous. If it was by another admin you wouldn't have done so, which is why you had confirmed who the punishing admin was before you made this thread.
  12. Aug 10, 2012
    The room is enclosed, meaning he would have no advantage from bunny hopping. Zombies are trapped outside until the boss is defeated.
    He cannot bhop out of the room after the boss fight, as water fills the entire room up shortly after, then drains when the boss has been defeated.
    This is the same as bhopping at the start of paranoid.

Hope this cleared a bit up - hopefully it is relevant :tremble:
    Electric Princess, Jan 11, 2013 Last edited by Kirito, Jan 11, 2013
  13. Dec 6, 2011
    This isn't the same as bunnyhopping in the start of Paranoid. That's the beginning of the map before it even starts, this is entering the boss room.

Also, just as a general statement, if bunnyhopping is going to be this tedious and specific to enforce, then we need to re-draw where the fine line is as to what's illegal and what isn't.
  14. Jul 4, 2011
    What I 'drew' may not be to the unit of where I jumped, it's just for others to know what we're talking about. Would it matter though, since it's an enclosed area? (I'd like some clarification on this)
    Again, I have no idea what you're talking about. I wanted to know who kicked me so I could make this thread.
    You're contradicting yourself by allowing bhopping on Paranoid and punish for other non-benefinicial jumps in other maps. I could tell you right now that jumping in the big dark room on Paranoid does have some advantages, but that's not what this thread is about.
    Sounds like a good idea.
    null, Jan 11, 2013 Last edited by null, Jan 11, 2013
  15. Dec 6, 2011
    I never said I allowed it Paranoid, it's just more of a problem in this scenario.
  16. May 25, 2012
    I would like to comment, As I was there and saw Tony myself. I will try to best explain what happened and what exactly he did fast and simple.

[IMG]
    Around this area you get a very, very slight boost of momentum. Think: Paranoid in the spawn, Going into the black room towards the light. But this push is very small.

[IMG]
    He then proceeded to jump around in circles around this outline exactly, I believe. Not large. The arrow points to where our fellow teammates were falling down to within the circle. As you can plainly see in the left and right... Everything is closed off. You advance towards the right in this picture after you defeat the boss in the map. Zombies are caged to the left as soon as the door closes. You are not triggering anything early by jumping and there is a push that prevents you from progressing until that door is closed.

Notice how I said jumping? He was not gaining velocity by bhopping. Bunny hopping is something entirely different. He merely jumped in circles with the momentum he once had while losing it gradually with each and every jump. Having a bit of fun.

Since this thread is shedding some light on the rules, I would like some to watch this video:

Video too long?

What people do mostly in the server is gain velocity down a slope and fail, Miserably. They mess up a jump and don't even use the air velocity to gain speed. Perhaps that's out of topic, I would just like to post these videos as a friendly reminder to admins and admins with few amount of hours in game time on CS:S. Granted, You could still trigger things early. That's still an issue but I just want to point this out, As Tony did nothing wrong or triggered anything early.

Edit:
    I believe @Brett should have a demo? If the general way goes Warn -> Kick -> Ban, Wouldn't he be having a demo in the first place for this as blatant proof what Tony was doing? I saw no given (updated) warning, And I saw no real bunny hopping.

Unfortunately for myself... I did not save the demo as I did not know Tony would make this thread. So the demo has been overwritten, Apologies.
    Syoudous, Jan 11, 2013 Last edited by Syoudous, Jan 11, 2013
  17. [pF] LuciD
    This message by [pF] LuciD has been removed from public view. Deleted by Momo, Jan 12, 2013, Reason: Not the place for this..
    Jan 12, 2013
  18. CALIVIER
    This message by CALIVIER has been removed from public view. Deleted by Dharkk, Jan 12, 2013, Reason: Not needed.
    Jan 12, 2013
  19. Cory
    This message by Cory has been removed from public view. Deleted by Dharkk, Jan 13, 2013, Reason: Also not really needed.
    Jan 12, 2013
  20. Jul 20, 2010
    Locking as the rule currently stand's it reads no bhopping so technically you were breaking a rule :snowman:. Also you've been warned before for bhopping so you can't claim you didn't know the rules.
    Badgriuel, Jan 13, 2013 Last edited by Badgriuel, Jan 13, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.