Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Bring a flow of people to forums

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by Anathema, Jun 16, 2011

1. Feb 18, 2011
    We should stop having server messages saying "Buy admin in just 5 (or 4 or whatever) clicks"
    Instead we should talk about signing up on forums. It will tempt more people to sign up and become a regular part of the community. As the amount of people increase on the forums they will sooner or later contemplate buying admin. All forums do a great job of turning devoted members into admins. Keeping messages on the server saying you can buy admin quick and easy will bring unwanted people sometimes. They will think, "I can buy admin and use it to my advantage in the server." If they would have signed up on the forums they would have figured out that it is not tolorated here and they would put off buying it untill they 1. gain more maturity, 2. when they think it is right, or 3. when he gets a better reputation in the server. Just a simple message can be so powerful. Saying something like, "You like our servers? Sign up on www.plaguefest.com and tell us about them!" Well that is basicly my view on it. I am open to critisism and want to hear others opinions on this.
  2. Jul 14, 2010
    We talked about this in the mumble meeting. Someone was supposed to edit the server random messages but i guess they never got to it. It was also agreed to remove the buy admin in 5 clicks and say something along the lines of signup plaguefest.com and buy admin or something along the lines of that.

Think kyle/brian said on the new forum something will happen that might attract more attention and the site will be more attached to your steam acct.
  3. Feb 18, 2011
    Musta missed that part when I went to grab some food, thats great anyways. So thanks.
  4. Jun 4, 2006
    We need to do some advert spring cleaning but unfortunately our panel is a bit busted at the moment. Currently in the process of moving it over to our new webserver and setting it up on it's own vhost separate from the new site to keep everything organized. Feel free to post advert suggestions here. :thumbsup:
  5. Mar 30, 2011
    just an idea, what if we had a skin for the people who do sign up at the forums, it would temp people to spend 5 min to go to the forums and sign up.
  6. Jun 4, 2006
    That would devalue donator subscriptions.
  7. Apr 13, 2011
    maybe we could take one of the existing models and add a decal or change a color or something.
  8. Feb 18, 2011
    I don't know if that will serve any purpose. I think the skins and way you get them are alright.