Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Suggestion Bring the crisp back.

Discussion in Server Suggestions & Bugs started by Kables, Sep 9, 2016

1. Jul 13, 2011

I've searched for it, I can't find it @Aprz @Momo
    • Like Like x 1
    • Jan 25, 2014
      You sure about that? This could be arranged.
    • Jun 4, 2006
      Skins (among many other things) add edicts, too many edicts = server crash. This is an engine limitation, all we can do is try to limit the number of edicts.

There's a chance ZM has room for another skin (edict count hasn't been checked in a while AFAIK), this mainly depends on there being no maps on rotation that cause the server to come close to the edict limit. If we're a good distance from the limit on every map, a new skin shouldn't cause any issues, at least for now. Other changes in the future may add to the edict count and we'll need to question how we can make room for those changes, but sacrificing a current skin would be a last resort. If there's not enough room for a new skin, replacing one of the current skins is always a possibility.

If you have a skin suggestion please post it in the official skin suggestion thread: http://plaguefest.com/threads/official-skin-suggestion-thread.9087/
      The file size needs to be fairly small for it to be considered: http://plaguefest.com/threads/official-skin-suggestion-thread.9087/page-12#post-244384
      • Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Jul 13, 2011
        We had the crisp before so I assume it wasn't a big file.

I can't find it anywhere though.
      • Aug 6, 2016
        If We've had the file before, wouldn't there be some way to simply look back and find it again? Or was it completely deleted from all sources instead of just being discontinued.
      • Feb 27, 2012
        @Kables @Brian the material files for the "crisp" zombie is stock with CS:S. However, the model is not. There is a model for the crisp zombie, but it is only a prop and does not have animations. The appropriate model files come stock with ZR and is a total of 215KB. Adding the zombie wouldn't be too bad, and in addition pretty much anyone who has played on any zombie server of any kind will already have it downloaded anyway, so for most people it will not be an additional download. If everyone is cool with adding it and the size is fine, i will do it up and give it its own unique class or classes.
        • Like Like x 1
        • Jan 25, 2014
          I think we should have a vote on what characteristics it should have. like level of knock back speed health and rengen
        • Mar 26, 2012
        • Aug 6, 2016
          So we concur that we are simply adding the skin and making a whole new additional zombie and not replacing one? Is this so? That's a better outcome than I hoped for. Tony made some good points. This is a long shot but If it's a whole new zombie, I recall some one made a thread about a noblock zombie? To be able to maneuver around those less skilled players who tend to just get in the way. I say long shot because that would take a lot of tweeking and testing to get the stats and kickback and bullet registration rate or w.e to be balanced out.
        • Mar 26, 2012
          Yeh, we did talk about it, but I think that is unlikely to happen. It is way too overpowered under most circumstances.
        • Aug 6, 2016
          Most definitely. I was against it but I just wanted to let it be spoken for. Any ideas on the stats and what not for the Crisp?
        • Jan 25, 2014
          what if it turned on no block faster than a regular zombie? this would help with zombie trains more but still not be overpowered
        • Aug 6, 2016
          No block zombies that are doing an insane bhop like off the downslope rails of panic maps into the red crate with a wall of zombies eating all the bullets would be too overpowered. After the no block zombie got past the wall of zombies, the humans would have no time to react and register that they have to focus on that one sole zombie going 100 mph.
        • Jan 25, 2014
          I don't think you understood where I was coming from.

Right now I believe it takes 30 seconds-1 minute for no block to turn on with a hoard of zombies.

This zombie would have a reduced time. say 15 seconds. Thus it would be a utility zombie good for killing red crates and breaking down some power cades.
        • Jan 21, 2011
          No block doesn't turn on in the middle of a round; they just start glitching through each other because of lag.
        • Jan 25, 2014

Maybe give this zombie a lot of pushing power against cades since those seem to be the strongest point with all the bhoping and run boosting going on.
        • Jul 13, 2011
          Just give the zombie increased speed, increased knockback, kinda the same as the witch but a donor skin?
        • Aug 6, 2016
          Increased speed and knockback is pretty much just another fast zombie. :razz: To be honest, I was under the impression the noblock zombie would have noblock activated at all times. (That's where I was confused.) But I don't mind the stats. I'm just waiting to see the new zombie!
          Isnukamex, Sep 15, 2016 Last edited by Isnukamex, Sep 15, 2016