Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Bring ze_TESV_Skyrim_v3 back in rotation.

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by Hydreigon, Nov 9, 2013

Bring ze_TESV_Skyrim_v3 back in rotation?

Yes. 19 vote(s) 46.3%
No. 22 vote(s) 53.7%
  1. Apr 28, 2013
    I said this once in another community and I will say it again.

"I'm not saying this because v4fix is bad and believe me, both P2ss and Kim did hard work on v4fix but to tell you the truth, v3 is just the SUPERIOR version of all the ze_tesv_skyrim versions. Back during the summer v3 was one of the most overplayed ze maps of all time and it was enjoyable The server would literally get full every time we played skyrim v3 and we would have some fun on it. Not to mention that a lot of ppl are used to v3 (even me) and I was one of the best skyrim leaders before v4 came out. Overall, v4fix isn't played as much because stages 1 and 3 are redone and much harder to get past compared to v3 and usually before v4 came out, we would get to stage 5 on v3. In fact, some ppl leave when v4fix is played making this somewhat of a server killer unlike v3."

The only downside is glitching the dragon and glitching the characters but I'd rather have ppl make it to stage 5 and completing the map and ban ppl for glitching rather than ppl getting stuck at the redone stage 1 and 3."

This was a slighly edited quote I said on another community as I will end this with one more statement.

Because of how stage 3 is in the old version, Afamad should tell campfire stories again. I miss them :frown:.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Mar 30, 2013
      ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Hydreigon really want to play v3, but I don't think add a previous version is a good idea, but play it as an event (once a week for example), would be better
    • Apr 20, 2011
      because stages 1 and 3 are redone and much harder to get past compared to v3
      Then get better and its not hard when I play it at sg we fail alot 0-12 but we did 4-0 so easy so be better
    • Apr 9, 2012
      So, I understand that because the map is harder we should put an easier version back? Just like predator, industrial or whatever other hard map as I said on other maps as well with somewhat the same issues, you'll learn to beat it after some time. The version is not too old by now and there's time to learn to beat it. People just need to do what's right.

Believe it or not, for a whole team of veterans + new players to actually do what needs to be done to win, is not easy. It takes a good moment, a bit of effort and analyzation from everyone's side and perhaps also a bit of luck to get things right, and after a long time you'll only need effort and that's all to beat it. Deal with it and keep the current version.
    • Nov 17, 2012
      Although v4 is the updated one, i feel as though the fun has been taken out of the map that was in v3 :S I'm not saying the map is difficult or anything but it's not fun anymore.

I also feel this way with Fapescape, the first few version were fun but now it's rather boring and hardcore to get to extreme etc.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Mar 20, 2012
        In my eyes paranoid v11_5 is despise it bugs with mg, juggernaut, doors and all other things better than 11_9 because it has the holy grenade.
        But this is plaguefest, many mappers are or were in this community, Ive never seen that we play older versions of a map only because some players like them more.
        If a mapper wants a mapversion updated, pf will upload it.

community influences mappers probably but mappers decision > community opinion....Respect the decision now..

But I would really like if some roots or LSA could do a retro-oldversion mapevent (mako v2 or 3 idk or very old paranoid or retribution) and/or some classic maps which are all under 10mb, we play them fast only a few rounds and progress to nextmap.
        • Informative Informative x 1
        • Apr 1, 2012

even though I'm not in charge around here, but no.

did I say no? I forgot if I said no already..
        • Aug 12, 2012
        • Apr 28, 2013
        • May 30, 2012
          Indeed the map is harder but come on, it can't be that hard... :struggle:
          • Agree Agree x 3
          • Apr 28, 2013
            Ye. I failed not once... BUT TWICE. We just don't play the map as once. Other servers are doing pretty good.
          • Apr 9, 2012
            If only Minas Tirith did not have the physics glitch :smile:

@Hydreigon Metro told me that Hellz has a fix version of Minas v2_2fix and that the physics glitch doesn't occur anymore. I don't know if they got permission, I think not, but yea, it doesn't have it on that version.

Sorry to go off-topic, I just got a note on that when I saw your signature.

Are we still debating about this version? Trololol I can't believe it, keep it.
          • Mar 30, 2013
            The hellz version of minas didn't got permission, but as they don't publish it on Gamebanana, there is no problem (and they fix glitchs, so i think it's OK)
          • Apr 3, 2013
            "I was one of the best skyrim leaders before v4 came out" I've seen your thread in GFL, idk about you there but TBH, you can't call yourself a good leader. It's almost the same as saying: I can cook food, i'm the best chef ever. I judge it, not the ones who taste it. About the thread itself, no. V3 was fun and easier (and campfire stories), but v4 is the newly updated one. It's like if Blizzard just decided to delete every of their WoW expansions and go back to vanilla. Oh and formatting doesn't work on phones so yeah
            • Agree Agree x 2
            • Like Like x 1
            • Funny Funny x 1
            • Informative Informative x 1
            • Nov 26, 2011
              Haven't played the new one, but why would they take out the campfire? D:
            • Feb 3, 2012
              I've seen PlagueFest beat it multiple times so I have no idea why it isn't back in rotation. :eyeroll:
            • Mar 20, 2012
              I think you only hear "bonjour" because u never get past stage 3. He will upgrade with the levels and gets new and the old shout(fus ro dah).
              We beaten the old versions but not the new. It is in rotation.

Hellz made a new minas version too, they edited spawnpoints for their admins/vips so they dont have to run so fast to the humanshop...But I guess they removed it because community qq much. Plz dont compare something with hellz...its just wrong.
            • Apr 28, 2013
              Hang on just one second, I thought that Idea faded away and yes, I know how the "fix" was done. It is a simple task by making it so that the translucent prop was dyanamic instead of physics while the summoned cade was physics so a cade would be a dynamic and a physics prop instead of two physics props. H4sard aka Noctali told me about this.
            • Feb 1, 2011
              Personally I like v4 better and I think a lot of other people do too. We were talking about this on ZE yesterday (not to mention you were bitching about it every 30 seconds on the mic.....STOP THAT).

Just because it's harder doesn't mean v3 is better. In fact I think it makes it more fun. There was some horrible teamwork yesterday as well as a few flying zombies so that's why we couldn't beat that one stage.

There was a time when Skyrim would kill the server pop, and yesterday people were begging for extend! I think that says something about how they have improved the map from previous versions.
            • Apr 28, 2013
              Yeah. I have seen pf make it to stage 4 once and I was there for the time. We almost beat it (I was ice dova most of the time any poly was fm (sigh poly)). 4th boss is better than in the older versions but there are a lot of differences to say. When Kim said "you have to relearn the map when v4 comes out" I can say all the stage 3 failures is the reason why.
              • Agree Agree x 1